The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

5.2 pvp spriest talent question

i know this is old, but i havn't been keeping up with wow much as, my interest has waned but i do have this question.

with the change to glyph of mind spike, would mindbender be better then FDCL? sure the burst oriented nature of FDCL could be handy/useful in some scenarios but i know mindbender hits/hurts hard and its only a 1min cd as opposed to shadowfiends 3min..

just curious, also what glyph would one recommend in place of glyph of mind spike??

Depends if it's PvP or PvE. PvP wise I'd never use mind bender, a lot of priests started with it in 5.0 then moved to more viable options. FDCL stills procs a lot which does up your damage a bit. I'd even take insanity over mind bender.

The thing about FDCL is it also procs instant flash heals as well as damage. Its more useful because it gives damage and healing. Glyphs I would assume would be dark binding and SW: D, and then basically preference from there. Probably use PoM or PW:S or the new glyph of weakened soul or whatever for the last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadinglight View Post
    Depends if it's PvP or PvE. PvP wise I'd never use mind bender, a lot of priests started with it in 5.0 then moved to more viable options. FDCL stills procs a lot which does up your damage a bit. I'd even take insanity over mind bender.
    I don't think Mindbender is that bad for PvP. It's on par with FDCL (5.1), in my opinion. Mindbender provides burst on a 1 minute cooldown, which lines up nicely with your trinket. It also frees up GCDs for other spells. The current state of PvP is all about bursts and I think Mindbender works very well in that regard.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-02-17 at 02:34 AM.

+ you run oom fast as a shadow priest these days with casting alot of pom/renew/shields and MD on healers. So alot of people start go with mindbender over FDCL

Deleted
    FDCL for 2v2 and Insanity for 3v3 with either Inner Fire or Inner Sanctum glyph instead of mind spike glyph.
    The reason i would take FDCL in 2v2 is that since im going double dps im more reliant on self heals and the healing
    procs from FDCL can be gamechanging.

Seeing how blizz devs are with nerfing, reverting, buffing, reverting all the fkn time we will just have to wait
    until 5.2 before we can say for sure what will be the best choice for arenas and pvp in general.