Thread: elegon nm tips

elegon nm tips

Any tips for healing nm elegon, Im a 483 il resto shaman, we have mostly range dps, one melee not including the two tanks. My biggest problem is after we get the pillars down the lil adds basically kill me nad the other healer or really take a decent amount of or mana pool. Thank you- mcdjayy

your tanks need to play better that is the only answer to that kind of problem unfortunately. you could root totem them to buy you some time i guess, not 100% sure if this works but i've nature's grasped them to get out of trouble before. maybe capacitor totem works as well?

You can try downing all the pillars within a 5 second window to reduce the amount of adds spawning. Also the tanks should probably step up their game.

yea i feel like they have a hard time picking them up, our offtank is a brewmaster tank i would think he would have no problem grabbing them, ill address it with him on tuesday. We do try timing the killing of the pillars but it rarely works out for some reason. We one shot all the bosses up to elegon.

Raid comp helps too.

If you have paladins they can BOP you or hand of salvation you.

The other advice is spot on, kill the pillars at the same time to reduce the number of adds and tell the tanks to step up. To make their lives easier stand close to them so their AoE pulls aggro.

A good way to do it, is have the pillars down within 5 seconds or so to reduce the adds. When all pillars are down, everyone runs to the console, and then a tank can scoop up all the adds and keeps them there. The ranged can then step onto the platform when it pops up to get the buff and take out the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    A good way to do it, is have the pillars down within 5 seconds or so to reduce the adds. When all pillars are down, everyone runs to the console, and then a tank can scoop up all the adds and keeps them there. The ranged can then step onto the platform when it pops up to get the buff and take out the adds.
    oh yeah, do this. on our earliest kills we used to all run in and have the raid stack on the boss. gets all the adds in a central location and you can use aoe stuns and stuff on them. works great.

If you have a lock, have him put his gateway with like a 5yd gap between gates at the console insta lose threat for healers for 15 seconds. We do that on heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjayjay25 View Post
    Any tips for healing nm elegon, Im a 483 il resto shaman, we have mostly range dps, one melee not including the two tanks. My biggest problem is after we get the pillars down the lil adds basically kill me nad the other healer or really take a decent amount of or mana pool. Thank you- mcdjayy
    Immediately upon entering the transition phases all of your dps should go balls to the wall and get the pillars down as soon as possible. The faster the pillars die, the less adds you're going to have. Once all of the pillars are dead, your ENTIRE raid should quickly run back to the console and stack up. This will make it much easier for your tanks to get aggro on all of the adds, seeing as how they are apparently having an issue grabbing all of them. After all of the adds are gathered up and the tanks have a decent amount of threat, AoE them down quickly as you begin transitioning back into phase one. If you do all of this and your tanks still have trouble keeping the adds off of you, I would look into finding a new set of tanks.

Hope that helps and good luck with your kill!
    Last edited by Muk; 2013-02-17 at 08:55 AM.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

Earth Elemental Totem. If you have two shamans use one on each Pillar down phase. Drag the adds onto the platform as soon as you can and Destroy them. Your tanks need to try and get threat on em as best they can as well as dps need to burn them. Nothing you can do but pop a defense cd "the glyph that makes one of your totems put an absorb onto you comes to mind here".

The Brewmaster should almost auto pick everything up without even trying. Chi torpedo will out aggro the healers with its heals I believe everyone is taking a slight ticking damage during that phase. Also spamming Chi wave is another form of healing he can do to get aggro off the healers. For Brewmasters they don't even have to attack or be in melee range of the adds to hold aggro. Make sure hes using the keg throw to range and aggro the adds. This makes them perfect for those adds as they can tear a tank up if they melee them.
    Last edited by Tybzu; 2013-02-17 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybzu View Post
    The Brewmaster should almost auto pick everything up without even trying.
    This exactly.
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...djayy/advanced <--- I assume that's you.

Sorry, but these threads just annoy me. If you choose to take this as a "mean post" and get all defensive/emo/offended, then that's fine....but you'll never get anywhere with that attitude. I'm honestly trying to help you.

You need to step up your own personal play, and the rest of your raid probably needs to do so as well. That will take you one step closer to killing Elegon.

Let's start with your armory, I'm by no means an expert on Resto shams but I know pretty basic things like that you want to wear mail in all your slots. You have leather bracers......that you even wasted 1500 JP on to upgrade to 471 ilvl........................................................

Your gems/enchants/reforges seem very random and all over the place, as if no thought was placed into making those decisions at all.

Check out http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Guide-to-MoP as a starting point, not sure if it's been updated for 5.1, but it should be fine either way.

Quick tips:

Maximize your spirit and crit.

You want to use a type of spirit gem in every socket. Spirit meta, 320 spirit (blue socket/prismatic/bad bonus ignore), 160 spirit 160 crit (misty wild jade) in yellow sockets and 80 int 160 spirit in red sockets depending on the bonus.

Switch your chest enchant to +200 spirit instead of +80 all stats.

If you can afford to drop mining, getting a profession that benefits you in a raiding environment would be helpful, but not at all necessary for players who don't raid super seriously. That's up to you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irrax/advanced

^^ is a good R shaman reference.

Most of the other replies in this thread are just flooding you with over complicated information that isn't really needed. You don't need super special strategies involving warlock gateways and you definitely shouldn't have to use 20 different totems to stay alive when the adds come out.

There is no nice way to say this, but it has to be said. The reason you cannot kill the boss is a simple Learn to Play (L2P) issue. Once you and your fellow raiders brush up on your skills and learn your classes a little better, the boss will go down. Don't worry, if you put in enough effort you will get there without a problem. Best of luck!

Inb4 everyone calls me an asshole or I get infracted by a politically correct moderator who thinks the internet is made of glitter, unicorns and rainbows.
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-02-17 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Can you not just run away from the adds? You can earthgrab or capacitor them but it's easier for the tanks to pick them up if they aren't rooted on the other side. No one should be standing taking hits from them except the tank. Once the floor comes back up, everyone should get on it for the buff to get them down quicker.
    To get the pillars down roughly the same time we have people DPS the pillar that matches their assigned spark so this spreads the DPS quite evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    Let's start with your armory, I'm by no means an expert on Resto shams but I know pretty basic things like that you want to wear mail in all your slots. You have leather bracers......that you even wasted 1500 JP on to upgrade to 471 ilvl........................................................

Your gems/enchants/reforges seem very random and all over the place, as if no thought was placed into making those decisions at all.
    Gromnak is correct, you need to be wearing all Mail. Resto shamans get a 5% +Int bonus for wearing all mail. Which means you lose 675 or so Int by wearing even a single non-mail piece. Is it worth it? Not hardly. Even a crafted 450 Mail bracer would have a overall net benefit. You seem to be thinking iLevel is more important than +675 Int. You are wrong and bad.

Fix your gearing, check out ASKMRROBOT . com, and run to the console. EZ PZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS could also try and kill some of the ads b4 the floor comes up too.. they just have to be careful. Myself on my dk, ill run up and hit as many as i can till i get aggro then speedboost towards the control panel where the OT is wrangling the rest up. Usually I only have to bring one or two to the CP from the left side as our ranged dps is hitting them and the mt going to the middle first usually has a couple stuck to him which die pretty quick, once in a while i have to call out for ranged to get lil ads down if they aren't on the ball.

Honestly tho, if you have more than 5-7 or so ads up when the floor comes back, it is the amount of time on the pillars that is what i would be looking at. If each dps is assigned to kill an orb, the pillar their orb is going to is also their responsibility. BUT with that said, its not just like u kill ur own orb or pillar and then just stand there waiting for the rest (ive seen ppl do that) if you are quicker than your neighbor, you need to help them as well! Any extra time dps get on boss between orbs is like free gravy, and ads up for the final phase push.

Just my nickel.
    (can't say 2 cents anymore cause they took our damn pennies away!!)