Deleted

Question Affiction's execute phase: help required

Hai fellow dottaholics,

I have a 2 questions which I was unable to find explicit on the forum after a search:

a) during execute(less than 20% HP) are you refreshing every DoT, and interrupting your Drain Soul, or are you leaving certain dots out? (Corruption for example)
    b) I read execute phase only refreshes dots by soulburn + soulswap; Soulswap's CD does not allow you to do so to cover all the dots. Manual refreshing?
    c) Drain soul provides a Soulshard on every tick. During normall rotation (above 20% HP) are you putting Drain soul in to get soulshards to be able cast Haunt.

Thank you for your time,

regards,
    Eminus

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont use the SoulSwap glyph

never use Drains soul above 20%

Deleted
    Pretty sure Drain Soul gives a Soul Shard every *other* tick?

Also, Soul Swap shouldn't be glyphed for doing that form of execute, if it is you'll have to manually reapply your DoTs. It is not worth to leave DoTs out.

The glyph does not put a cd on sb:ss , that has been fixed ages ago.

Execute Phase: Keep Haunt 100% uptime, refresh dots with soulswap and get the highest possible uptime on drain soul.
    Drain soul awards a soulshard after 2 ticks btw, and you never use it above 20%.

Got a question myself, if you have a full set of fully buffed dots on the target and unstable affliction is about to run out, do you use soulswap to refresh (and kill 20s of an amazing agony) or do you refresh manually? Any math about what is better? Talking about execute range ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    The glyph does not put a cd on sb:ss , that has been fixed ages ago.

Execute Phase: Keep Haunt 100% uptime, refresh dots with soulswap and get the highest possible uptime on drain soul.
    Drain soul awards a soulshard after 2 ticks btw, and you never use it above 20%.

Got a question myself, if you have a full set of fully buffed dots on the target and unstable affliction is about to run out, do you use soulswap to refresh (and kill 20s of an amazing agony) or do you refresh manually? Any math about what is better? Talking about execute range ofc.
    Refresh the Unstable Affliction manually.

You want to keep as many of your dots applied with the highest stack of Intellect you have/had (+Dark Soul) for as long as you can, or it'll be a loss.

Reapply dots with SB+SS before your highest int stacks (and Dark Soul if you had it up) expires. Refresh them manually otherwise. Have as high uptime on Haunt as you can without violating the previous, then Drain Soul as much as you can without violating the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    Hai fellow dottaholics,

I have a 2 questions which I was unable to find explicit on the forum after a search:

a) during execute(less than 20% HP) are you refreshing every DoT, and interrupting your Drain Soul, or are you leaving certain dots out? (Corruption for example)
    b) I read execute phase only refreshes dots by soulburn + soulswap; Soulswap's CD does not allow you to do so to cover all the dots. Manual refreshing?
    c) Drain soul provides a Soulshard on every tick. During normall rotation (above 20% HP) are you putting Drain soul in to get soulshards to be able cast Haunt.

Thank you for your time,

regards,
    Eminus
    Hello!

a) You keep all dots up and running. Preferably use a burned soulswap for this (unless, as stated, one of your dots runs out and your others are nicely buffed by procs and the like). Keep haunt up all the time too, you should have plenty of shards.
    b) Soulswap has no cooldown if you burn it, glyphed or not, but if you accidentally use soulswap unburned while you have it glyphed, you're kinda fucked. I usually advice against the glyph except in very specific circumstances.
    c) Every two ticks, in fact, and no, you should never use drain soul outside execute.