Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    <snip>

Video responses are not allowed. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-02-19 at 10:07 AM.

Kick an enhance shaman who queued as healer from Mogu'shan Palace last night. No remorse.

Deleted
    normaly i would agree that is bad whit a dps spec dk in a random, but i have done the same whit a dk m8 of mine, but the big difrence was that i was the healer, so i went in knowing he was gonna be i dps gear spec and so on and it worked perfecrt.

the trash dmg output from the dk wassent that much higher then if he where tank spec but still higher and getting 100k + on a boss from tank speeds things up so overall speed of the dungon was much faster

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those things that really depends on context for me. Was he super well geared, with some high DPS guildies with the intention to just blow through the heroic? Or was he just some dude who cheated the queue that sucks and is hard to keep up? I'd leave or boot him in the latter. If it's the former, I'd definitely stay, although I do think its presumptuous to do that without your own healer.

Really, it's your prerogative to leave regardless.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-18 at 10:31 PM. Reason: so my post makes sense!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    This is one of those things that really depends on context for me. Was he super well geared, with some high DPS guildies with the intention to just blow through the heroic? Or was he just some dude who cheated the queue that sucks and is hard to keep up? I'd leave or boot him in the former. If it's the latter, I'd definitely stay, although I do think its presumptuous to do that without your own healer.

Really, it's your prerogative to leave regardless.
    I think you mean you would boot/leave if it's the latter, and stay if it's the former.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    long story short: jade temple heroic, total pug, tank is a DK, starts in total frost presence and spec, doesn't change spec or presence and plays totally wrong. I ditched that group after 2 trash packs, because I simply won't heal a tank in DPS spec.

are my standards too high for expecting an actual tank in a heroic?
    If you asked him to swap and he didn't, then no.

If you didn't ask him to swap, then I'd say there's a good chance he simply forgot he was queue as tank.

I have had a few tanks ask me whenI am on my healer if they can tank on DPS spec. I always say yes, but with the proviso that I tell them when to pull. In my experience these types want a very very fast run, which is fine, but they can die very quickly so I need to be 100%ready with PWS and spirit shells.
    With those caveats it's always been a simple experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    I think you mean you would boot/leave if it's the latter, and stay if it's the former.
    Yeah, thanks, I guess I put them in a different order than I thought

Editing!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    What you did was totaly, absolutly, without any doubt right.
    If the instance is easy enough to run without a real tank, you could do it, but only if the healer agrees to it. It is not a question of "could you heal it", but more "do you want to put that extra work into it"?
    Running as dps and expecting to be healed is putting the workload onto the healer instead of spreading it out.
    You can run heroics with oomkin tanks, if the healer is his buddy and the oomkin actually holds aggro.
    "That extra work"? Healing in heroics is mostly alttab with my firefox window half open so I can still see grid. There's no damage whatsoever and if there's damage it's rarely even worth healing. When our guild does 5mans, we actually go with 5 dps.

If a tank wants to go dps, I'd be happy as a healer, odds are I'd actually have something to do - like everyone else. And if the healer cba he's, indeed, free to leave, as OP did. And if the healer's too shit to keep the 'tank' up, I'll do it for him.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zokudu View Post
    Kick an enhance shaman who queued as healer from Mogu'shan Palace last night. No remorse.
    Why? If he can keep you guys up you'd have had a super fast run. Healing is mindnumbing nowadays, both hcs and (most) lfr, even normals can be a huge /zzz fest. You really can't hate them for wanting something to DO.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-02-18 at 10:37 PM.

In my opinion, you didn't do anything wrong.

I suppose the "right" thing to do would have been to try to educate him.

But honestly, if he's made it to level 90 and still doesn't know how to play his class, it's entirely possible you're dealing with someone who has mental issues, either disabilities or other.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    You had me at dk, is really anyone suprised by the amount of noobs playing this class..?
    And what class do you play, a hunter? Just to get back with the same completely nonsensical rhetoric. Now get back to keyboardturning in your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer i'd probably leave too if it was annoying me. If someone can't take the time to play properly then why is it suddenly my responsibility to expend extra effort to cater to his laziness/ineptitude?

Maybe I can heal through it. But should I heal through it? I say no.

ahh, the good old days of being kicked from groups as a shadow priest because "priest dont DPS".

if a tank can hold agro and take a reasonable amount of damage
    if a healer can keep everyone alive

what does it hurt them playing a non conventional spec?

I can tank and solo heal heroics as ret with a 5 dps comp group. You as a healer are easily replaced. Enjoy your long dungeons

Running heroics with 5 DPS is my favorite way to VP cap right now. Takes <5m to complete most. Of course these are full guild runs, but I would have given it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by szandos View Post
    I ended up as a healer with 4 people from the same guild. The tank was a ret paladin tanking in ret spec and gear with the threat buff on. Granted, those 4 were well geared, but that was the fastest heroic I've ever done. And for once I actually had to throw a few heals out.
    You're welcome, and to anyone else fortunate enough to group with me guarantee you get the fastest heroic of your life even if I'm solo queing.

if you dont want to be there, leave. its really not a big deal

So you had a DPS queue as tank and try to tank in a DPS spec. Maybe he is new and doesn't understand the importance of tanks in a group and he figured that he could do it after he saw some other DK be a tank.

I'm more confused as to why you made this thread. So you saw a DPS queue as Tank and left the group, are you wanting everyone to respect you for being a hero or something?
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-02-19 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    long story short: jade temple heroic, total pug, tank is a DK, starts in total frost presence and spec, doesn't change spec or presence and plays totally wrong. I ditched that group after 2 trash packs, because I simply won't heal a tank in DPS spec.

are my standards too high for expecting an actual tank in a heroic?

Do you do any actual communication with the group or did you just leave? If only the tank was a problem, and the tank was unwilling or unable to address the problem then I would have tried to kick the tank. If you just left, no one learned anything and the rest of the total pug as you put it got to continue to deal with a bad situation.

I don't think its wrong to leave a bad group, but I do think that its wrong to leave a bad group without some minimal effort to make it a decent group.

Its one thing to be in dps gear and tank spec. If you're good and/or overgeared then sweet. But to tank in DPS spec is nuts.