Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How is the meat in your country?

So i was browsing FB and i came across a discussion about swedish meet, It was this girl that was mad becouse people where buying meat from other countries and since sweden (if u ask her) has the best meet in the world and that all other countries misstreat their animals just to be able to export cheap meat.

now my question is, to the rest of the world and also to fellow swedes, what do you think about this?

Personly i think this is a load of BS, i think we got good meat in sweden and that we treat our animals well in most cases, BUT, i dont think it is alot worse in other countries, i cant imagine people from denmark for example go to the store and ask for swedish meat since they have pumped their animals full of steriods and medicin and so on...

well, what are ppl in the rest of the world saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not much I love more than a good old American steak or a good American cheeseburger.

But with that said, I haven't spent a lot of time abroad so maybe I'm just use to American food.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    We have great meat, but I don't mind eating meat from other countries (as there is some stuff we don't have here), because we have so heavy import controls, so normally it's great meat too.

In the end I eat mostly stuff from my own country, as it's like 75% swiss meat in the store and 25% other.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is meat in my country? Fucking awesome. You can get it prepared pretty much any way you want. With so many different cultures gathered in one spot, there's never a shortage of interesting things to eat.

In terms of how we treat our animals and how it affects the taste, I can't really say I've noticed any real difference compared to other meat. I've been to 20 different countries and I've never really tasted any difference in the quality itself. Meat is just meat and it's all about how it's served. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2013-02-17 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    We do have good quality meat over here, but that's not the reason I buy it. I buy it because it's beyond retarded importing food ingredients that can be produced locally.

In greece you can easily buy local meat, so good.

Deleted
    Theirs neigh problem with the meat in Uk... ...Unless your a horse.

There are neigh problems with our beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    Theirs neigh problem with the meat in Uk... ...Unless your a horse.
    Oh FFS! Beaten to it!

Deleted
    Hey thats my joke get off it :P I stole it first.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    In Finland we have good meat yeah, but very expensive unless your employee of company which sell meats.

I agree on the fact that locally produced food is better overall, but (dont qoute me on this) i belive sweden cant selfsupport their population with their own meat, we have to import. but the thing i really would like to know more about is how you look at your own country and their regulations in animal control.

Do alot of countries just ignore the fact that animals are treated like just animals or food, and therefore are treated poor... well, its hard to explain but i think someone understands what im getting at..

I think swedish ppl are a bit selfrighteus about themself and belive we are so much better than everybody else when it comes to animal regulations.

Deleted
    I think meat in general is ok quality in most countries, but the problem comes with how it's handled before it reaches the costumers. Danish meat is top notch, me likey!

I generally feel safer when buying local meat, and I like supporting our farmers.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Meat in Belgium is pretty much despicable to my mind.
    We have a large Islamic immigrant populace now, that demands Halal meat. Due to this, nearly every butcher makes their meat Halal, thus as far as cruelty goes, the poor animals die in rather a horrendous fashion, simply because some magical fucking book says "This must be so". Under Dhabihah, they slit the throat, severing both carotid arteries, but leaving the spinal cord intact, so any pain the animal can feel remains until death. Utterly, fucking farcical tbh.

So basically, most meat in Belgium now is Halal, simply due to it being more expensive now to *not* be Halal due to the amount of people demanding it, thus a lot of animals suffer unduly to my mind.
    Be equally mad at those butcherer's who are okay with this. Unless they're breaking any laws, we can't do anything else other than boycotting their products and letting our voices be heard.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    I agree on the fact that locally produced food is better overall, but (dont qoute me on this) i belive sweden cant selfsupport their population with their own meat, we have to import. but the thing i really would like to know more about is how you look at your own country and their regulations in animal control.

Do alot of countries just ignore the fact that animals are treated like just animals or food, and therefore are treated poor... well, its hard to explain but i think someone understands what im getting at..

I think swedish ppl are a bit selfrighteus about themself and belive we are so much better than everybody else when it comes to animal regulations.
    In the US most of the animals we eat don't live great lives. There are plenty of people who consider their plight worthy of attention, but the reality is we have 314 million people to feed. I think most people here would like to provide chickens and cows better living conditions until they are slaughtered, but most don't care enough to stop eating them. Chickens and cows are viewed as relatively stupid animals so the level of sympathy is kind of low.

There are farms that treat the animals humanely, but that meat is both typically expensive and unavailable. The demand for it is higher than what can be produced.

I have a zillion food allergies and meat is one of the few things I can actually eat. I don't particularly like how the animals are treated simply because I'm the kind of guy who doesn't even want vermin or insects to suffer, but the reality is I need to eat. Sweden may very well be doing it better, but they might also be able to sustain their population in ways we can't.

Im in the US I get my stuff cheap from the local slaughterhouse. You cant beat our meat

I think meat inn Denmark is quit good. I hear we treat our animals better than other countries, but besides that I'm not sure.

Guess it dosen't really matter much...If you have deep pockets you can afford good quality always. Not everyone can afford going to the butcher so

Some of the best meat I've had are wild life meat. My dad's girlfriend co-woker, her husband has wild life somewhere, witch the co-cowoker shared 2 times before with my dad's GF and others. Very tender and cheap.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    You know those documentaries where they show the terrible living conditions of beef cows raised in the US?

You know how people tell you that it's a load of BS, and you might believe them?

Yeah, been there, it really is a shit hole that they're raised in.

I try to buy local when it's available since a lot of the big cattle farms where meat is shipped in from are terrible. I think when I went to argentina that was some of the best steaks I've ever had, since all of their beef is grass fed and free range.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Meat in Denmark is really dayum good ive been around in the world and yeah danish meat is the best might ofc be because i usually live in denmark

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like this type of logic where meat taste different depending on how you treat the animal. People should stop making up bull and nonsense.

That type of cultural mythology works the other way around in the far east where they purposely torture the animal so that the meat taste "better".

10+ Year Old Account
    Every country can have great meat, just buy a few animals, grow them naturally and feed them the good shit. But of course the meat in my country tastes better.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)