Solution to Cross-Realm Current Tier Raiding

Allow cross-realm raiding of current tiers, but only a max of 20% of the raid (2 people on 10man, 5 people on 25man) to be from a different server than the raid leader's server.

1. Keeps guild and server communities in-tact.
    2. Lets people play with their friends in current tier.

Win win for everyone!

As an added benefit, I think it would do far more to solve the 25m decline than Blizzard's thunderforged system. It directly makes the logistics of 25mans easier rather than just incentivizing those guilds to deal with harder logistics. You can do a "25man raid" with only 20 people. 3rd party websites (like openraid) will supply plenty of people you can always use to fill in.
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Doubt Blizzard would ever implement this due to the money they make from server/faction transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    Allow cross-realm raiding of current tiers, but only a max of 20% of the raid (2 people on 10man, 5 people on 25man) to be from a different server than the raid leader's server.

1. Keeps guild and server communities in-tact.
    2. Lets people play with their friends in current tier.

Win win for everyone!

As an added benefit, I think it would do far more to solve the 25m decline than Blizzard's thunderforged system. It directly makes the logistics of 25mans easier rather than just incentivizing those guilds to deal with harder logistics. You can do a "25man raid" with only 20 people. 3rd party websites (like openraid) will supply plenty of people you can always use to fill in.
    with your stated system you allow 10 man guilds to obtain two highly skilled freinds and keep their guild achievement while the 25 man raid would not. How about 1 and 5? then neither group has an advantage.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    with your stated system you allow 10 man guilds to obtain two highly skilled freinds and keep their guild achievement while the 25 man raid would not. How about 1 and 5? then neither group has an advantage.
    i dont know if there was an edit but im not understanding your objection. 2/10 is 20%, as 5/25 is 20%? with your suggestion it would be 10% vs 20%, 25 man having a much bigger advantage.

Either way, I don't see them making cross-server current content available, and I hope they don't. Even with your limited amount method, you then get into a recruitment nightmare where you try and figure out which spot(s) to recruit for off-server and getting the best applicant out of a much, much larger pool than your own server.

Plus, they've already done enough to erode server communities. Please don't do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    i dont know if there was an edit but im not understanding your objection. 2/10 is 20%, as 5/25 is 20%? with your suggestion it would be 10% vs 20%, 25 man having a much bigger advantage.
    I think his point was more directed to considering a raid a "guild group" for guild achievements. I don't know for sure but I guess if you have 5 out of 25 not in guild it doesn't count as a "guild group." Not sure the point really matters haha but just clarifying his objection.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    I think his point was more directed to considering a raid a "guild group" for guild achievements. I don't know for sure but I guess if you have 5 out of 25 not in guild it doesn't count as a "guild group." Not sure the point really matters haha but just clarifying his objection.
    ahhh, thank you. that makes more since.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    with 2 being 20% of a 10 man group that 10 man group is still getting guild credit for what might still be progression for them.
    a 25 man group would need to take more than seven before they no longer got credit for a guild kill.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Either way, I don't see them making cross-server current content available, and I hope they don't. Even with your limited amount method, you then get into a recruitment nightmare where you try and figure out which spot(s) to recruit for off-server and getting the best applicant out of a much, much larger pool than your own server.

Plus, they've already done enough to erode server communities. Please don't do anymore.
    oh. I agree with you and get shot down over it every other post.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Yeah, I saw his post and thought "oh he's talking about guild achievements" and then went to agree, but then double checked the math and I think 20/25 does give the guild credit for the achievement. Either way, the more accurate response would've been to regulate it to 1 per 10m and 2-3 per 25m.

I honestly don't know where they're trying to go with community in this game anymore though. LFR and LFD alone have made the game feel like such a toxic environment. Everyone has such low tolerance for even the slightest mistake or a "slow pace." There's not much reason to engage in your server's community. But I'm getting off-topic here.

I just think Normal and Heroic are targeted at server communities, not