Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Possible to save cache's until 5.2 drops?

How long do the caches from LFR/Bonus roll last? Would it be possible to save the ones I'm getting this week to use once 5.2 drops next week?

thanks!

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they'll last forever... But why on Earth do you want to save them anyway? They'll still contain 25g and 50s when 5.2 hits.

Idk if the loot table will change in the ones you keep in 5.2.
    However, 5.2 isn't coming next week so idk why you are saying that it is.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Idk if the loot table will change in the ones you keep in 5.2.
    However, 5.2 isn't coming next week so idk why you are saying that it is.
    I am fairly sure that the loot table would be checked when you obtain the cache not when you open it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

5.2 should be released on 2/26, not like 2 days from now.

Also:
    The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirn View Post
    But it was also pretty much confirmed by Blizzard that it won't come on 2/26.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sirn View Post

Also:
    The change is still in for the failbags to ... not be fail. They'll have a chance to contain things like very valuable grey items (essentially randomizing the gold you get from the bags), LFR versions of non-boss loot, Spirits of Harmony, consumables, pets and mounts, and... maybe some other stuff I forgot. Lots of things! Opening them should have some anticipation and surprise now.
    But only if you obtained them after the patch, so keeping the current ones is still a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I am fairly sure that the loot table would be checked when you obtain the cache not when you open it.
    I believe this is correct: once you have it in your inventory, the contents of it won't change regardless of whether or not you open it.

I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to the cache's as happened with the pet battle reward bags - some people stockpiled them after hearing that battle stones would be available from them after 5.1 hit. It appeared they generated their loot upon opening as people found battle stones in them.

Could be the same with the LFR cache's?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    I believe this is correct: once you have it in your inventory, the contents of it won't change regardless of whether or not you open it.
    So, they aren't Schroedinger's Loot Bags?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by adorich View Post
    Just wondering why you think this?

You may be right but unless there's been a blue response to this then it's all just guess work

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post

You may be right but unless there's been a blue response to this then it's all just guess work
    Just like when you enter a raid the raid ID locks in the boss drops.

Also back when JC made prisms of stuff that contained gems Blizzard explained that prisms made prior to the patch that introduced epic gems would not give epic gems as the contents were already set. So with any packaged item the contents are set when it is created.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Just like when you enter a raid the raid ID locks in the boss drops.

Also back when JC made prisms of stuff that contained gems Blizzard explained that prisms made prior to the patch that introduced epic gems would not give epic gems as the contents were already set. So with any packaged item the contents are set when it is created.
    We'll have to wait and see then I guess

It may be like that or it may be like the pet reward bags....I'm sure some people will start stockpiling anyway in the hopes that they'll be full of good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post

Because the loot is determined when the bag is spawned, not when its opened from what I understand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Typically, when they buff things and we know in advance, stockpiling works great (as long as you have never opened it period).

I'd stockpile them personally since you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I wish I stockpiled the pet reward bags like some people did in 5.0.4. When 5.1 came around, they got lots of pet battle stones.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I am pretty sure the contents of the box are determined at the time of the drop. I think the same is true with lock boxes, time of drop, not when they are unlocked. I guess we will find out on the patch release.

10+ Year Old Account
    The bag's content is already determined when you obtain it, not when you open it.

It serves as a small "surprise", but as we all know it more often ends in disappointment :P

I'm stockpiling them, have 8 sha bags and 16 terrace, blizzard's code is always full of bugs maybe they'll mess something up with this. Like someone said, nothing to lose.

It may be worth it...it may not. Some people had saved up a bunch of the Sacks of Pet Supplies that came from pet battle dailies before 5.1, and when 5.1 hit, they opened them all and received the stones that were added with the new patch.

So it seems that some bags calculate their loot when they are opened.
    However, we can't know until the patch hits whether or not the LFR bags will contain 5.2 loot or not. Try it if you've got the bag space, I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So, they aren't Schroedinger's Loot Bags?
    I love this comment <3(although its a slight misconception of the though exercise)

But OP if you dont need the gear immediately, then theres nothing for you to lose by waiting. IF by any chance the cache in your inventory's loot chance is effected in 5.2, then you should go for it.