Weak Auras Question

Hey all, I was looking for some help with weak auras and runes. Currently I can't find a way to show an icon for when Obliterate is unable to be cast, which I think is due to the death rune factor. I can check by spell progress for the ability which doesn't seem to work or I could track when I have <1 Frost, Unholy Rune. However, the problem is (I think), when I have a death rune it will count it as being available for both my runes. The problem I run into if I don't check to use Death Runes is I can have 2 Death Runes up, making the spell available, but the icon would should it not usable.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Stop staring at your combat bar, and keep an eye on your runes instead?
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I could, or I could find a way to get the weak auras to work appropriately so I can play the way I like?

I have my rune bar displayed, I simply want this displayed in a simpler way of organizing my priority system.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

No, I'd still say focus on the aspect that involves playing better.

I'll never understand trying to use Weak Auras to automate basic decision-making for you like this. It's not hard to glance and see if you've got the proper rune pair on or coming off CD and planning accordingly.

This is the opposite of simple, as you're approaching a triple-redundancy of information. The basic combat-bar will light up the icon when it can be used; a properly-configured runebar addon will also prioritize this for you. You want a big flashing sign saying '"DON'T PRESS THIS."

At this point you're basically asking for the CLC DK addon; or DKone with the priority frame enabled. It's available on curse.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I actually use bartender to put a copy of my main rotational "1" bar in the middle of the screen and refer to that. I set it to be small, partially transparent, hide out of combat, and click-through. I use a small rune bar in conjunction with this (also small, hide out of combat, and click-through) so I don't obliterate with death runes as DW frost with BT, etc.

Really just mess around with various options until you find a setup that works for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I actually use bartender to put a copy of my main rotational "1" bar in the middle of the screen and refer to that. I set it to be small, partially transparent, hide out of combat, and click-through. I use a small rune bar in conjunction with this (also small, hide out of combat, and click-through) so I don't obliterate with death runes as DW frost with BT, etc.

Really just mess around with various options until you find a setup that works for you.
    ^^ That sort of thing is pretty useful, think there are addons out there like "need to know" that will tell you when abilities are available, don't know of any that will tell you when an ability isn't available but you could use something like "omnicc" that shows the cooldown on your abilities depending on when your runes will become available.

Other than that what murdos said is kinda right, watch your runes and get an idea when you can use something based on which ones are on cooldown/about to come up.

I find OmniCC to be more useful just because I can adjust the CD threshold on all my abilities to show minutes and seconds for short CDs.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf