YO! Beginner Resto Shaman Gearing Question

Very simple gearing question. Should I ditch my raid gear (mix of heroic and reg) and replace it with honor / crafted gear? I'm just starting pvpin, mostly a pve player any help is appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...don/Rob/simple

Yeah. You should get as much PvP gear as you possibly can right now.

Stack resil. With the totem nerf you need to reduce as much damage as you can. DK's and Frost mages have alot of burst. Blanket counterspells will fuck your world up. Remember that Resil is worth more stat weight wise the more you get. It's easy to cap w/ a decent DPS nab up some early conquest gear to save you from doing the BG grind later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    Stack resil. With the totem nerf you need to reduce as much damage as you can. DK's and Frost mages have alot of burst. Blanket counterspells will fuck your world up. Remember that Resil is worth more stat weight wise the more you get. It's easy to cap w/ a decent DPS nab up some early conquest gear to save you from doing the BG grind later.
    Actually he should upgrade the pieces he already has as they're going to be better than the new epic pieces if upgraded because it's new 476 = old 483. Aside from that you're right about stacking resilience. As a resto shaman you lack the escape mechanisms most healers have and while you have a great kit against casters most melee teams will simply tunnel you into the ground without support from your teammates and the only thing helping here is resilience.

i would recommend looking at http://www.noxxic.com/wow

It's very basic and you can customize talents differently, but gives a good overview of what to gem, glyph etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Pvp gear>raid gear always. But with the new season right around the corner, I'd just wait a few weeks then farm your honor set.

Deleted
    450ilvl pvp gear is not better than 504+ heroic pieces, dont mislead him. But yes wait for next patch/season for epic pvp pieces being available fro honor.

atm stockpile honor and justice points, and buy the new honor gear at the start of next season/patch, focus on gemming resil: red= int/resil, yellow=resil, blue= spirit=resil. For reforging spirit > mastery = crit > haste. Mastery vs Crit breaks down to a personal choice.

Just stockpile honor to 4k though correct? Did a bunch of BGs this weekend. Looks like a pvp weapon is going to be a huge upgrade due to the massive amt of pvp power?

If I recall correctly you dont get to keep the honor points. So stockpiling honor atm would just result you to have some amount of gold. Conquest will convert to honor. Recent blue post stated you get to keep Valor points though so I dont know if they let you keep Justice too. In that case be sure to cap Justice points for the new season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    If I recall correctly you dont get to keep the honor points. So stockpiling honor atm would just result you to have some amount of gold. Conquest will convert to honor. Recent blue post stated you get to keep Valor points though so I dont know if they let you keep Justice too. In that case be sure to cap Justice points for the new season.
    You can get 4000 honor points and keep them till the next patch. 4000 is the cap anyway, so you cant get above that.

The conquest points you have will be converted into honor afaik, and if you exceed 4000 honor points in total, the extra conquest points will be converted into gold.