Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Conquest point even when RBG lost - Will RBG be reborn?

Its very limited to find RBG teams nowadays. Either they want you to have a high rating already, or the best set available.

But with the next patch, RBG teams will even get RBG points for losing.

Do you also think, that there will be alot more teams? And less restriction due to you still get RBG points after each lost.

What are you talking about? RBGs are easy to get in to, and if you can't seem to find one, make your own..

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    What are you talking about? RBGs are easy to get in to, and if you can't seem to find one, make your own..
    It depends on your server. I raid on a toon thats on a pretty low pop server, I'd be supprised if theres more than 1 grp doing RBG on a consistent basis.

To the OP, if you're on a low pop server you need to make an alt of a high pop PvP server like darkspear, tich ect and park it in town. You can spam that you're looking for group and they can invite you via real ID and you should be able to find groups.

Its very hard for some classes but FC's, heals, or good ranged DPS shouldnt have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Its very limited to find RBG teams nowadays.
    No it's not. go to battlemasters.org, join the IRC. <your class & spec here> LF Low MMR RBGs.

Low MMR Teams consist of people who have a CR below 1500.

Deleted
    More teams - yes, perhaps..

Reborn? - no...

What I see as a major flaw is that it is so extremely punishing to join a random RBG-team if your rating is more than 200 higher than the average player in your RBG pug. For instance, I have around 1880 rating atm, but on my server there are -no- rbg teams above 1600 rating. If I want to do a few RBGs I need to join a cross-server RBG group to find someone at the same mediocre rating as I have.
    If I join one of the 1600 rated teams on my server (which is a lot easier since I can see them asking in trade and I know a few of them), then as soon as we loose 1 match, I loose ~100 rating. So if we have a good night and win 4 fights and loose 1, I will end up with -80 rating. If we have a bad night and loose 4 and win 1, then I will end up with -350 rating or so.. It's a loss no matter what.
    You could state that it isnt really important to loose that rating since it's not like Im going to get any titles and stuff like that, but it still feels like a punishment for me to join such a group. And that feeling of getting punished will still mean that I wont join a lower rated group..

Imo the amount of rating you can loose should be capped around 20 rating. Im perfectly fine with winning only awarding 1-5 rating if your rating is far above the other team.

Blizzard are pushing RBGs like mad. And here I left raiding because I didn't want a schedule with WoW. Apparently I will now have to get on for RBGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry but how are you struggling to find RBG teams there are always tons going on in trade that are 1k-1.5k under with no rating requirment an as one of the above poster stated you have battlemaster.org an you also have OQ addon, which lists dozens of low to no rating rbg teams...
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    Im sorry but how are you struggling to find RBG teams there are always tons going on in trade that are 1k-1.5k under with no rating requirment an as one of the above poster stated you have battlemaster.org an you also have OQ addon, which lists dozens of low to no rating rbg teams...
    And none of these are any groups anyone with a sane mind would want to join, because they are ALL bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And none of these are any groups anyone with a sane mind would want to join, because they are ALL bad.
    Are you jking? have you even used OQ?.
    I have personally gotten multiply alts to 1600 rbg (nothing to brag about i know) in a few hours just by using OQ, so no fucking idea what you are on about.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    Are you jking? have you even used OQ?.
    I have personally gotten multiply alts to 1600 rbg (nothing to brag about i know) in a few hours just by using OQ, so no fucking idea what you are on about.
    You just proved his point.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

RBGs makes me cry, they're pushing it so hard at the cost of arenas, but no one really likes it :'(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    RBGs makes me cry, they're pushing it so hard at the cost of arenas, but no one really likes it :'(
    No one likes Arena either.

Deleted
    In general PvP is just in a bad place atm imo.. Too much burst combined with too many instant CC's and stuns :/

How geared does one have to be to get into these QQ groups? The organized PVP scene is completely dead on my server. I'd love to try my hand at RBGs but I've never been able to find people to play with.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The logistics for RBGs are a complete failure when a homegrown addon-based or website-based community is the primary way for people to group up.

It also helps tremendously if you're horde and using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you just have to be picky about ur groups on OQ and hope ur leader is picky on who he invites the longer he takes forming the group the better the group generally is
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

To be perfectly honest, when you look at the wide scope of things... getting all of those really great titles and mounts and elite gear from high rated RBGs and Arenas just take too much coordination for me to care about. I have old vanilla titles because I could just rely on myself to invest that effort and get things done, but I always had a hard time committing to a schedule to be online and work on a rating with other people. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, that's just the point of view of a more casual player. I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of the player base feels the same way.

i beg to differ. there are still a number of specs that are completely unwelcome even in low rated rbgs.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i beg to differ. There are still a number of specs that are completely unwelcome even in low rated rbgs.
    I have found this to be more accurate.

You play a DK... of course you wouldn't have a problem getting into an RBG. Try to get into a serious RBG group as an Enhance Shaman or a Ret Paladin and you will have a very, very difficult time. There's others too that I'm probably forgetting.