Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least you can get married - if you wanted too. I dream of the day when gay marriage is legalised in Australia, and the day of my wedding with my beloved man.

Marriage is useful for tax and legal reasons (like visiting family in the hospital), but it was invented as a function of society. You can be married in the eyes of God without a paper written by a man, as long as you make a heartfelt commitment. My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years since I was 16 and I feel like we are married.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    at least you can get married - if you wanted too. I dream of the day when gay marriage is legalised in Australia, and the day of my wedding with my beloved man.
    Entrenched bigots, one day it'll be a reality though - so keep strong

Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    TBH banning gay marriage is = to prejudice and as far as I know prejudice is illegal in all modern countries. so at its core gay marriage bans are illegal.

I been married for 13 years now no regrets and yes im still haveing sex with one woman people who get married as a goal normally don't last long my wife was a friend first then months later we feel in love.

If you find a traditional minded girl, a marriage can still be wonderful. It's possible for it to be good without that too, but with no template it's a lot of pressure on both of you!

If all you want is sex, that's never been what marriage has been about. If you have a soft harem of chicks (who are also likely seeing other exciting men) and that is fulfilling for you, then YOU should not get married. The vast majority of men do not have the ability, practice, status, spare time, or even inclination to keep five girls around on the side- and some men are simply monogamous. If you are not, then no, marriage is not for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're with someone and you're both happy together and neither of you desire a document or rings saying you're married...then I don't see a need. Who cares? If you're happy together and your significant other really wants to get married (or vice versa)...well, why not? You love them, right?

From my point of view as a single 19 year old with no realistic relationship experience, it becomes less about directly following typical relationship guidelines because "that's what you're supposed to do" and more about indirectly following those same guidelines because you love someone; You'd be getting married because it's a way to show your affection and care for someone who has expressed an interest in marriage, not because grandma and grandpa desperately need to fill in their family tree.

I don't see an issue either way, bound by paper & diamonds or not. It's just one of those things that either happens or doesn't and ends up being technically irrelevant when you find someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with, someone that really "gets" you, or whatever your definition of "the one" is.

Am I on to something here?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2013-02-18 at 07:14 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    reduction in taxes
    other than that you probably save some more money long term. Single bedroom house compared to a 2 bedroom house etc. Other than that i dunno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    You have peculiar reasons for marriage.

Deleted
    Having been married, I can safely say I'm never doing it again. I can't even remember the reasons why I convinced myself it was a good idea before.

100% Stupidest decision I ever made.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side)
    You are clearly great marriage material. Thank heavens you see no reason to marry.

Deleted
    In my opinion, marrying is quite pointless - there are benefits, sure, but I don't think they are that important anymore.
    Things have changed a bit during the past years here in Austria, and at the moment it looks like more changes are about to come...which makes it less and less important.
    You can live together and be perfectly fine without a marriage.
    If you have children, it might still be a good idea though because of some legal aspects.

That said, never marry someone without a prenup. That's not pointless...that's stupid.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-02-18 at 07:57 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyaelan View Post
    Love? That seems like a pretty good reason to me, regardless of everything else.
    Aside from stuff like this, if the OP really needs a good reason...

Getting married gets you extra benefits, at least in the United States from the government. As in I believe lower taxes to some degree and such.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Lol feminist natzi alert. No thanks I don't want to be a good little "drone"
    Wish people wouldn't jump to conclusions. She is a divorced bi sexual and she is anti feminism ._.

It really is to each his own.. I knew when i was much younger i would be married and have kids. Tired it once omg was a fail. Got a few years under my belt and doing pretty good at this time. :0 Found the women that worked for me. 10+years with my 2nd wife in total we have had 3 arguments nothing i would even consider in anyway a real fight. With the first wife it seemed to be daily weekly month long fights, when i look back think about it seems like we would have 3 or 4 fights about diff crap going on at the same time. From start to finish she really was not the one for me, nor i for her. WE did not work in anyway. But everything about me and my current wife work, which dont get me wrong neither of knows why it works or why we even like each other. But at the end of the day im happier and so is she when the other is around.
    But i know from the first marriage and the mutli marriages of friends and familys and coworkers that have failed it just really is not for everyone.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    (I also have 5 women on the side)
    Yeah...me too... :looks at hand:

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Yeah...me too... :looks at hand:
    ROFL 10 chara

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Aside from stuff like this, if the OP really needs a good reason...

Getting married gets you extra benefits, at least in the United States from the government. As in I believe lower taxes to some degree and such.
    the consequences of divorce far out strip what petty tax incentives you get.

Found a reason: taxes.
    Another reason: another income.
    Another reason: sex on a regular basis
    Another reason: I assume you're between the ages of 18 and 25. Give it ten years and you'll hate life if you're still doing your "talking to a girl (with 5 on the side)" thing.

I don't believe Marriage to be essential to a relationship, but I do think it is something that should one partner desire, they other should concede to.

I've been with my girlfriend now for 6 years, and while of course sometimes there is that desire to just be able to go into a club and pick up a stranger, you soon realise that one-night stands don't stand up to a loving relationship.

I personally don't want to get married because I am completely against the Church and its complete lack of knowledge regarding its own religious texts. However, my girlfriend would like to get married, and so I see no reason why I shouldn't to make her happy.

Relationships are about working together, and some couples do various things for various reasons. Some get married to try to rekindle a dwindling love. Some do it due to pressure from the families, while others do it because of this mis-guided sense of Duty, as it is the "next logical step".