Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

Angry no good reason to get married these days

no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.

Pfff there is no reason to get married.

I will never be, and i will never have children either. (Dont like them)

But most people want to find someone and settle down with, have children and live the "normal way of life", and i dont judge them for that choice tho.

Edit: Also about what she says, what is her arguments?
    From my view, i see people getting married, haveing children, getting a divorce and then move along to the next person, have some more children. And on and on. How is that healthy for anyone, or the children.
    Some keep together sure, but not that many
    Last edited by Aspect of Death; 2013-02-17 at 11:29 PM.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

5 women on the side...You didn't come to show off here right?

If you have five other women then you should not get married

10+ Year Old Account
    You should get married and settle down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    You should get married and settle down.
    Why? Why is marriage something to aspire to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

There is no real reason to get married besides evading some taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why? Why is marriage something to aspire to?
    Marriage gives everyone security. Children raised by single parents or withour a marriage do worse than traditionally raised kids.

Deleted
    You don't need to be married to be together with someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its to show your commitment to the person you love. Amongst other things.
    Why do you have to get married to do that? The legal contract of marriage is useful, but hardly necessary.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tax breaks.

I'm soooo romantic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Being married helps me not only be with the love of my wife, but i get benefits from the government.
    i do not need to worry about paying my tuition now when i go to school for my computer engineering degree.

sounds like you don't fully understand the concept of marriage, since we are going here.

1.) The intent of being married is to be with the one you love for the rest of your life, having sex on a regular basis is a part of marriage, but not the whole enchilada
    2.) your second statement has no relevance to being married as i don't have that issue, sounds like a big misconception you have there
    3.) you have another misconception of marriage where you automatically assume that the man is the breadwinner and the woman stays at home, again that is false. every marriage is different so i don't know how you formulated these things.

you either are too young and are boasting off to sound cool or you really never understood the definition of marriage. lol. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Not trying to be harsh to you man but the way you put it off makes me sound like you are trying to rile things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    1.) The intent of being married is to be with the one you love for the rest of your life
    See, this is highly unrealistic. It works when the average lifespan is around thirty, but I think a lot less drama would occur if people treated marriage less as a lifetime contract than a long-term contract. Like dating for a decade or so, realising you had a good time and have a lot of respect for each other, but want to pursue other options.

Those couples that remain friends after being divorced, I have nothing but respect for.

Deleted
    Was there a good reason before? News to me.

Better watch your condoms or you might have to pay 6 payments of child support!
    Get to work or you might starve.

Women should work at some point, but there are times where I believe someone should be at home with the kids.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Two words: Lower Taxes.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Ideally you should not have someone lecturing you on the merits of marriage when she cannot take criticism for how she lives her life. Obviously she has not considered the costs of creating and caring for children of her own.

Some reasons I can justify not getting married at present are:

1. Financial situation, holding down a job for a decent period of time to support a family.
    2. I still have stuff to do before I consider myself ready for a lifelong commitment like that, this should not be taken lightly at all.
    3. Finding the "right" one, I won't go flying around to and fro just looking for someone out of the blue. Usually when you least expect it, they would come to you if you put yourself out there normally.
    4. Making mistakes resulting in divorce, this one is really a hot button issue for me. Nowadays there's barely any prenuptial agreements if things do go south anyways. Haste makes mistakes in this case in choosing someone, I don't feel like doling out 50% of my stuff to someone that is a leech at best. I doubt even if its legal in most states though.

Ultimately, the choice is up to your personal comfort level and what you feel like doing with your life in the end. If the marriage is forced, arranged, or whatever in negative circumstances under duress, then I wouldn't consider it to be legitimate anyways.

if they got rid of the tax breaks tomorrow i would remain married. it has meaning for me personally. i dont expect everybody to feel the same way though, and if they dont then my opinion is that they should not get married
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Love? That seems like a pretty good reason to me, regardless of everything else.

Deleted
    There is no reason to get married. It's like nowadays it's only beneficial for women.

Im a forever alone so dont need and dont want to get married.