Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    How old are you? People's outlook tends to change as they get older. You aren't always going to be a stud who can pick up any chick at the club. You don't need to get married to "settle down" with someone.

To the guys defending sleeping with a bunch of girls instead of getting married: good for you, enjoy your youth! But when you're 50 years old do you honestly think all those "beautiful girls at the gym" are gonna want to sleep with you? People get married to have a partner with them at all times, not just when they are young/hot and desirable. You will be sad and lonely for your middle and older years, which make up a much larger percentage of your life than the 10 years or so in your sexual prime. As for women being bitchy and like a second mother...well...I'm not sure who you've been dating, but, if you don't want to marry a bitch then find someone with a compatible personality.

It's not for everyone. I do want to get married but I can see why some wouldn't want to. Don't worry about it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Im not really religious, alot of them would detest me for my views on women and sexual rights - But i think if theres enough commitment (which is rare) and plenty of will to make it work i'd get married.

The divorce rates are horrible, and im afraid to say - it's mostly young women marrying to find that dream guy they thought they had

10+ Year Old Account
    If its not for you then its not for you. Marriage isn't for everybody.

However, it sure sounds as if you haven't made this very clear to her at least.

The one that's mentioning marriage & babies needs to be told plainly & clearly that you're not interested in those things. Stop wasting her time. If you don't tell her bluntly your feelings about this then you are using her.

I see a lot of people in this thread equating divorce rate with people's inherent need to not be monogamous. I would like to point out that not all divorces are a result of someone's desire to have sex with someone else.

Slightly less than half of the marriages end in divorce. It's rather short sighted to assume the reason for that is because the institution is "unnatural" or in someway flawed.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    Higher Tax Brackets, more tax discounts, potential higher credit score, higher loan approvals, lower bills from having combined finances, Visitation rights in Jail/Hospitalization, Immigration and residency benefits, Eligibility for insurance under spouse even if you would not be covered by yourself, Discounts for insurance, "family" discounts for any number of services, Government benefits in the event of your spouses death like Social Security, Medicare, Veterans benefits, Property and Inheritance Rights, Federal and some Privet Employee Benefits, (such as pensions, retirement plans, Sick leave, Maternity Leave, ect) Child Custody Rights, Being able to get a crap ton of stuff for free at your wedding/shower, being able to start sentences with "my wife..." having a companion through lives hardships that is tied to you in a more meaningful way that just being "your girl"
    and biased on surveyed results,

More likely to live longer
    More likely to be physically healthier
    More likely to be mentally healthier
    More likely to be happier
    Recover from illness quicker and more successfully
    Generally, take better care of themselves and avoid risky behavior

and everything listed here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_..._United_States

from personal experience, i have had a kidney disease since i was 7, i was denied personal health insurance, now that i am married i am covered for major medical/dental and vision. this would not have been possible if i where still single.
    except your making the assumption both spouses will be working....thats not always the case.

also for the op:#2 on your list isnt neccesarily true your also assuming that all women do is talk on the phone. thats called generalizing.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    no good reason to get married these days! Can anyone think of a good point of getting married!

1. I get sex on a regular basis.
    2. don't have the annoyance of a woman calling my house all day.
    3. I really don't believe a man should take care of a woman. women should work at all times exactly like a man should, or starve.

the reason I bring is up is because, I've been talking to this girl for a while (I also have 5 women on the side) and she's trying to judge me saying. every man should get married at some point in his life. this I feel is very judgmental and wrong, what do you all think? also she's bringing up the baby conversations, ridiculous.
    Also this;

Here's a good reason to get married:

'Living together' could be easily abused if it were a legal thing. You can pretty much make or break a relationship whenever the hell you want to; no strings attached. So to allow people benefits they can very well use for living together on the basis that they're dating and sharing the same house is, in many countries, simply a no-no. People would just live together with their best friend in order to gain the benefits.

And that's why governments only grant those benefits to people who are married.

So if you have a partner, and you want to spend the rest of your life with them, you will want to get married. If you do not, you will have to pay extra taxes, you will not get as many tax breaks, you'll pay more for health insurance, your partner will have no family rights (which becomes problematic at best in once shit hits the fan), and so on, and so on.
    If only for your security and that of your significant other, you want to be married.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post

There is no real reason to get married besides evading some taxes.

Marriage gives everyone security. Children raised by single parents or withour a marriage do worse than traditionally raised kids.
    Dear GOD, that's a WOMAN?!?!?!? KILL IT! KILL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS! I seriously though it was a dude before I turned my sound on >.>

OP, other than coming across as a complete and total promiscuous douche nozzle, I agree with you to some extent. I personally see no reason to get married. I understand the legal implications, tax breaks and stuff, sure. But I don't need some religious person to tell me that I love my gf, I already know that. I also have absolutely ZERO desire to have kids...I'm in the process of setting up a date to get the bullets taken out of the gun already.

On the other side of that, I WANT to take care of a woman. It has nothing to do with any sort of masculinity or ego complex, I don't need to feel superior to someone or anything like that. I just like knowing that I'm looking out for someone, and that I'm making a positive difference in their life. I enjoy spoiling my gfs. Now, I'm not saying I want to be a slave, or that they have to be completely useless without me around. But I can't STAND those independent types who think they can go through life without needing a man for anything. A woman who won't let me take care of things isn't a woman I want. I will never, ever, ever, have a girl buy ME dinner, or pay for a movie, or anything like that. I'm old-fashioned, that's MY job. It has absolutely NOTHING at all to do with who makes more money. My previous girl made more than I did, and I still refused to let her pay for things. Hell, I also hold doors and pull out chairs. I just feel like it's my job to make sure a girl is well taken care of.

Anyway, sort of straying here. Meds are kicking in lol, sorry. In this day and age, marriage doesn't even really mean anything anymore. Fewer and fewer people are wanting to do it (in the younger generations), and there seem to be more and more divorces, too. Then, of course, there's the big question: How long must you be in a relationship until you think you're ready for marriage? I have a friend-couple that has been together for 15 years now, and have no desire to get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    If its not for you then its not for you. Marriage isn't for everybody.

However, it sure sounds as if you haven't made this very clear to her at least.

The one that's mentioning marriage & babies needs to be told plainly & clearly that you're not interested in those things. Stop wasting her time. If you don't tell her bluntly your feelings about this then you are using her.
    Yup.

Tell her you are not monogamous

I dont count '5' other woman acceptable- to most womans standards.

Oh btw please make sure you are being tested on the reg. If those woman know you are with so many I wouldnt be surprised if they also were having several men.

Sooooo you came to psuedo-brag and tell us about this woman you're leading on.

Nice.

Lower Taxes, property rights acquired with your loved one, security in many fashions, help raising a child, romantic jesture, etc. A few good reasons.

Never thought I would get married then I did. Get tired of strange, tired of crazy, etc. Also, my wife is awesome. Plays games, reads comics, good artist, enjoys working, hot, financially stable, share same interests and a decent amount of view points, likes to cook. This works well because I play games, read comics, like art, like working, would spend all my money, love to eat, etc. You'll find a match at some point...guy or girl....however that works for ya.

Do you have to get married...nope...but so far mine is nice. But yeah, expect chicks to want you to settle down. Girls don't go out chasing the dick forever. Girls will tend to want you to settle down at some point. Good luck, but leading some one on etc is a bad decision. Be up front. Tell her you just want to bang and hang out when its fun and convenient to you. Otherwise you are just leading her on. Don't give us that endless relationship doesn't need marriage nonsense to be with someone. Its a cover up for you don't want to marry her and want to chase ass. Being upfront won't loose you any sex, but it won't secure future sex either.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-02-18 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    *snip*
    You're not a very respectable person, are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is often asked by people too young to understand the answer. That said, it's surely not for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    Higher Tax Brackets, more tax discounts, potential higher credit score, higher loan approvals, lower bills from having combined finances, Visitation rights in Jail/Hospitalization, Immigration and residency benefits, Eligibility for insurance under spouse even if you would not be covered by yourself, Discounts for insurance, "family" discounts for any number of services, Government benefits in the event of your spouses death like Social Security, Medicare, Veterans benefits, Property and Inheritance Rights, Federal and some Privet Employee Benefits, (such as pensions, retirement plans, Sick leave, Maternity Leave, ect) Child Custody Rights, Being able to get a crap ton of stuff for free at your wedding/shower, being able to start sentences with "my wife..." having a companion through lives hardships that is tied to you in a more meaningful way that just being "your girl"
    and biased on surveyed results,

More likely to live longer
    More likely to be physically healthier
    More likely to be mentally healthier
    More likely to be happier
    Recover from illness quicker and more successfully
    Generally, take better care of themselves and avoid risky behavior

and everything listed here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_..._United_States

from personal experience, i have had a kidney disease since i was 7, i was denied personal health insurance, now that i am married i am covered for major medical/dental and vision. this would not have been possible if i where still single.

And although all these can be valid reasons too, to me the most important thing about a healthy, happy marriage is this;

Marriage doesn't double the burdens, it halves the load. <3

This is not the kind of person who should get married.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    God invented marriage
    Which God do you refer to? Strangely enough, (almost) everyone's "imaginary friend" has this same idea. Equally strange no furthering of our species should apparently take place without this religious coupling. If you don't like the idea of god - NO BREEDING FOR YOU. GOD>Humankind. So god would rather have no followers and no chance at followers than have people daring to copulate without believing in him?
    MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

Anyway, on topic - personal choice. I consider it a reasonably sound move but then I'm not stupid enough to try and stick a ring on any random female who'll open their legs for me. Even GF material =/= wife material.

Infracted: Please refrain from being disrespectful towards certain religions by calling gods "imaginary friends".
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-18 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is not the kind of person who should get married.
    Probably college age and getting his first stab at multiple sex partners and thinks he's ballin. Even came to a gameing forum to brag about it. Got a stable of hoes don't he. Look at that epeen...6 girls must make that thing at least a foot long.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Which God do you refer to? Strangely enough, (almost) everyone's "imaginary friend" has this same idea. Equally strange no furthering of the species should apparently take place without this religious coupling. If you don't like the idea of god - NO BREEDING FOR YOU. GOD>Humankind. So god would rather have no followers and no chance at followers than have people daring to copulate without believing in him?
    MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!
    Faith won't see logic because it holds fear at bay. It's a debate you cannot win, so you're being disrespectful for no reason.
    __

Addressing your edit, It would seem you have a double standard. I don't doubt people think the same thing about you not being good materiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Probably college age and getting his first stab at multiple sex partners and thinks he's ballin. Even came to a gameing forum to brag about it. Got a stable of hoes don't he. Look at that epeen...6 girls must make that thing at least a foot long.
    The way he described women, and how he obviously treats them is unacceptable.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2013-02-18 at 05:06 AM.