Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    1.You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    I can answer that easily. Attention craving. Just like people who lie on the internet.

Deleted
    Women are born without faces, so every morning they have to paint themselves one.

And if you got lucky you meet one out of thousand which is actually born with a face and looks pretty with and without makeup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    what kind of makeup are we talking here? some people just like having different colors on their eyes or lips...
    It's more of an amount issue, not type. I get physically sick when I see someone's hair full of gel. Or someone looking like a wax statue due to the amount of makeup and fake tan applied to the skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    I can answer that easily. Attention craving. Just like people who lie on the internet.
    Or maybe -gasp- people just like looking good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or maybe -gasp- people just like looking good?
    Just like in those shooped L'oreal ads? They don't look like that you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in those shooped L'oreal ads? They don't look like that you know.
    I'm aware. Your point being what?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I'm aware. Your point being what?
    Not only do they make you ugly, unnatural, and show up how insecure you are, do you have any idea how many pointless abominations and sick experimenting are done in the name of petty meaningless vanity? It makes you self-reflect a bit about how fucked up people are in their heads. Or at least ignorant, which isn't that much better.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-02-20 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only do they make you ugly,
    Subjective.

unnatural
    Clothing is 'unnatural'.

and show up how insecure you are
    Also subjective.

do you have any idea how many pointless abominations and sick experimenting are done in the name of petty meaningless vanity?
    Hence why many people go out of their way to use cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.

It makes you self-reflect a bit about how fucked up people are in their heads. Or at least ignorant, which isn't that much better.
    People are 'fucked up' for choosing to use cosmetics. Right.

Deleted
    Subjective.

Clothing is 'unnatural'.

Also subjective.

Hence why many people go out of their way to use cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.

People are 'fucked up' for choosing to use cosmetics. Right.

But clothes are a necessity, for privacy and protection. People are fucked up for supporting this type of experimenting by buying cosmetic products which have no real use. It makes sense doesn't it?

If at least most of these cosmetics products were harmless, then everyone would be just fine with you choosing to destroy your own face.

10+ Year Old Account
    But clothes are a necessity, for privacy and protection. People are fucked up for supporting this type of experimenting by buying cosmetic products which have no real use. It makes sense doesn't it?

If at least most of these cosmetics products were harmless, then everyone would be just fine with you choosing to destroy your own face.
    Clothes are only necessary insofar as the social constructs that exist to prohibit public nudity, similar to the social constructs that promote the existence and use of cosmetics.

The vast majority of cosmetic products are in fact harmless, I have no idea where you are getting this from.

I would imagine it's for the same reasons people get tattoos, wear fancy clothes and jewellery. Having not really indulged in any of this myself I can't really say why but I don't really see the problem, each to their own I suppose.

The only thing I can remember is when I was about 15 (long time ago now)I got my ear pierced which was a bit of a weird thing for me to do. I think the main reason I did it was just to shock people and separate my self from the others and maybe make myself look a bit edgy, I couldn't quite nail it down to one thing. I do remember there was a particular girl at the time I was trying to get to notice me so maybe subconsciously this was the real reason. I guess if that is the case it all comes down to "pea-cocking"

10+ Year Old Account

You're saying things that are silly. Sometimes makeup is just nice to wear no matter what gender you are. You don't have to pile it on. A little bit of lipgloss or eyeshadow never hurt anyone. Passing a heck of a lot of judgment and forming a lot of stereotypes for all those men and women that do wear makeup ... Guess you know them all personally.

Also, LOTS of reputable cosmetics vendors don't test on animals (in fact it's one thing MAC is known for). Lancome is developing synthetic human skin so that they can completely stop that mess. I generally don't like linking PETA but this is a great example.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    There seems to be this nasty undercurrent running through this thread, though I can't quite put my finger on it. Stuff like calling women whores for wearing makeup and whatnot.
    Wanted to quote this because yeah, it's really disturbing. It's just makeup, it's not a miniskirt the size of a belt with a see-through top. I wear makeup every now and then and some people actually call me a prude. Aren't they in for a surprise when I let them know that the lipstick I wear is code for megaslut.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-20 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You should go read up on lipstick. It is heavily theorized to be used for a very special subconscious reason.

To make it look like something... else...
    Time to invent special nose make-up for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    So I present these questions, male or female can answer.

1. You don't really look like that so why pretend?
    2. Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup?
    3. Is this something that should have died out years ago?
    4. What do you think about why they/you do it?
    5. Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)
    I don't use A LOT of make up. Mainly just a concealer, lip gloss and mascara, but:

1. I don't pretend to look any different if I hide bags under my eyes or make my eyes more showing.
    2. I tend to not wear any make up sometimes. I think it's just personal choice. I started wearing make up 1 year ago (18 now) so... welp
    3. noo... :c
    4. I like to feel pretty and I sorta feel selfconfident while having make up on. Besides, eye make up makes your eyes more prominent!
    5. uh, no? Because that's like too much of pretending to look different? I also wouldn't date a woman who would be bald, wig wearing, having tissues stuffed in her bra and hell knows what else. That's faking.

wearing make up is not faking. It's emphasizing someone's look. By wearing make up, you don't (usually!) shape your eyes/lips/eyebrows/face completely different, but make their form more visible.

EDIT:

for people thinking about chemicals on one's face... that's what organic/natural make up is for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    [*]Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices)[/LIST]
    Sure a woman will date a man with all of the above, matter of fact, make that women will date a man with more flaws than you listed. That man just needs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

As for cosmetics. Why do you even care? Unless it is your body, you shouldn't be judging.

Deleted
    You don't really look like that so why pretend? I don't, I wear no make up (male), all I do is style my hair and take care of my unwanted hair growth.
    Is there any women out there who specifically "don't at all" wear makeup? Sorry, male here.
    Is this something that should have died out years ago? It will never "die out". People will always strive to be better looking to attract a partner.
    What do you think about why they/you do it? They feel insecure and don't think the world will accept them as they are and their natural "beauty" (depending on your natural looks ofc).
    Would you be OK knowing I wore a wig if I were bald, had a pair of socks stuffed in my pants for obvious reasons, shoe-lifts to make me appear taller than I really do? (Hypothetical but serious questions, I can't picture a woman dating a man with any of these choices) A wig yes, since that is quite a recognizable feature, if I saw a bald girl in a pub I would definitely notice it quite fast. Stuffed crap (either woman or man)/or shoe-lifts (man) i would get annoyed and disappointed with. Heels on a woman I wouldn't care about, you can see her shoes and know it isn't her real height. But heels are damn nice and if it were the right pair I could almost get turned on by the shoes only. God I love shoes. Darn it, I think I might have a strong homosexual side.. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depom View Post
    Time to invent special nose make-up for men.
    They actually do that ;D! It's called contouring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    You should go read up on lipstick. It is heavily theorized to be used for a very special subconscious reason.

To make it look like something... else...
    It's also theorized by a prominent figure in psychology that women envy our hangdang. I don't know if there's much truth to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Wanted to quote this because yeah, it's really disturbing. It's just makeup, it's not a miniskirt the size of a belt with a see-through top. I wear makeup every now and then and some people actually call me a prude. Aren't they in for a surprise when I let them know that the lipstick I wear is code for megaslut.
    One of the things I've noticed is that the type of guys to (generally) decry makeup are usually pretty unhappy with their love lives. They think a backhanded compliment in the form of "you're too pretty for makeup" will work without realizing they are tacking on "... and my word is final" to the end.

Perhaps more curious is why they do it over the internet to people they will likely never meet. I'd hypothesize that they are so dissatisfied with their own lives, the internet and reality are starting to merge. Only for them to realize even this merger isn't much better because of their appalling people skills.

EDIT: These guys also tend to be bitter and almost hate women too. Very strange.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.