Question Staggered Raid Release? 5.2 [Solved]

Might sound stupid but it is what it says on the tin. Will they be releasing in tiers? 4 bosses a week/2 weeks (E.G ICC) Or will they just throw 12 bosses in our faces and tell us to get on with it? (I can see this being a problem for the more casual players that are good but don't get an amazing amount of time.)

I myself run a 25 man raiding guild and I'm asking to see if we should add an extra raid day or more time on a raid to see if we can clear up and get into herioc in the second week (If possible)

All answers would be helpful (Even if just rumours)

SOLVED [Updated on main page recently]

"Will Throne of Thunder be gated like Tier 14? If so, both modes normal and heroic?
    Not gated, but you have to finish normal to start heroic. (Source)

Is Throne of Thunder going to be gated in any way when 5.2 launches?
    Just the standard normal required for heroic and LFR will be delayed in chunks. "
    Last edited by kaption; 2013-02-18 at 03:40 AM.

Release all at once. LFR will be staggered.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As of right now, pretty sure the plan is to release it all at once. Heroic will msot likely be a week after, like always, and I imagine LFR will be staggered.

Deleted
    Pretty sure you can clear entire normal first week and entire HC the week after (provided you cleared normal the week before). However LFR was staggered into 1 part per week or so iirc.
    So:
    Normal - available all at once on 5.2 release
    Heroic - available all at once the second week if you cleared normal the week before
    LFR - Staggered with 1 part released per week, first part releasing the same week Heroic becomes available.

Thanks for your thoughts guys, I just felt that 12 bosses seems like quite alot. Even for us as a 3 day raiding guild. We are fully capable of clearing normal with ease and are a Herioc raiding guild. But we deffo won't 1 shot everything.
    Last edited by kaption; 2013-02-18 at 03:05 AM. Reason: 12 instead of 13

It's right on the front page right now. To recap:

Normal will be available in full the first week, no gating. Per usual you need to complete normal to access heroic.

LFR *will* be gated however, it's divided into 4 sections of 3 bosses, the first will be released when 5.2 goes live and one a week thereafter.

@ OP Tuning isn't set it stone, but I wouldn't expect ToT to be a pushover, even if you are 16/16H. It's still too early to tell if there are going to be any solid gear checks no normal but regardless, Lei Shen is not going to be a pushover on normal.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-02-18 at 03:10 AM.

Actually just looked at it now silly me. Thought it was a PvP release patch notes so I didn't read any of the changes. Nice one thanks for pointing that out.

No gating means we gotta really pull out on the stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    Pretty sure you can clear entire normal first week and entire HC the week after (provided you cleared normal the week before). However LFR was staggered into 1 part per week or so iirc.
    So:
    Normal - available all at once on 5.2 release
    Heroic - available all at once the second week if you cleared normal the week before
    LFR - Staggered with 1 part released per week, first part releasing the same week Heroic becomes available.
    they should not stagger lfr period for those of us who had bad itimizaition drops that will be perfect cacth up my priest is 482. done mv thats over cant get past 3rd boss in heart of fear after testing the new bosses in lfr the fights are way better id rather do that then go to stupid heart of fear. so lfr should not be staggered pluss are you going to tell people who are casual raiders you have to wait a few weeks while those that have raiding guilds do normal of that same place it hurts the recuitment procees of getting people redy for the current raids and teaching them the stuff.
    Last edited by fireywrath; 2013-02-19 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    they should not stagger lfr period for those of us who had horbibe itimizaition drops that will be perfect cacth up my priest is 482. done mv thats over cant get past 3rd boss in heart of fear after testing the new bosses in lfr the fights are way better id rather do that then go to stupid heart of fear. so lfr should not be staggered pluss are you going to tell people who are casual raiders you have to wait a few weeks while those that have raiding guilds do normal of that same place it hurts the recuitment procees of getting people redy for the current raids and teaching them the stuff.
    it's staggered because you cannot fail in LFR eventually you'll be buffed to +50%? hp and damage, so you are guaranteed kills, while normal mode guilds are not they have to improve, while LFR just buffs you until you cant fail.

Quote Originally Posted by fireywrath View Post
    they should not stagger lfr period for those of us who had bad itimizaition drops that will be perfect cacth up my priest is 482. done mv thats over cant get past 3rd boss in heart of fear after testing the new bosses in lfr the fights are way better id rather do that then go to stupid heart of fear. so lfr should not be staggered pluss are you going to tell people who are casual raiders you have to wait a few weeks while those that have raiding guilds do normal of that same place it hurts the recuitment procees of getting people redy for the current raids and teaching them the stuff.
    It's the pattern they've established. You're not guaranteed drops from LFR anyways, so releasing it all week 1 won't magically cure your "bad itemization" problems. If you can't get past the 3rd boss in Heart of Fear, then what are you complaining about anyways? Wait for LFR and enjoy it when it comes out. People who do Normals are putting in more effort and dedication than the average LFR raider, so I look at it kind of like a reward for doing so.