Thread: What happened?

Deleted

What happened?

What happened to World of Warcraft?
    Ever since Cataclysm came out, wow seems less unique overall not only the classes!
    The content in cata and mop are a big MEH to me, to much recycling, iknow that they did this in wotlk and tbc but it was done in a much better way that it made it feel just right!
    Back in tbc/wotlk when i ran a dungeon/raid i was allways looking around at the detail of the instance, it was almost if you could feel the love the developers put down in making the content, and even today when i run old instances they still feel nice (not only for the nostalgia) but by farr the best raid was ICC.

The classes well...

Removal/changes to Shamans totems, i never understood the reason behind this, the totems been around since start why this drastic changes? Shaman lost its uniqeness at mop...
    Warrior, Paladin (Paladins used to be fun and unique) and Death Knight do pretty much the same thing now but with diffrent animations!
    Warlock, Mage and Spriest not to much of a diffrence...
    Hunter, monk and rogues are the most unique classes out there.
    Back in the day there used to be a unique diffrence in classes how they where played!
    I belive the class changes has to do with the consept of bring the player not the class, then why are there classes in the game then? Why not just pick your race and jump into the game give every one the option to pick Melee, range, healer or tank specs right from start!

Idont like the path World of Warcraft is taking, i have been playing since vanilla and by farr tbc/wotlk was the best exp, idid have high hopes for mop but it just dosent have the right feel to it.

I just don't see what you see. I feel like Blizzard put more love and design into MoP's content. I can't see how you can deny what they've done in the landscape and lore of Pandaria isn't memorable.
    However, I cannot speak for classes because I just play Warlock, but Blizzard have done a lot of Locks in this expansion, more than any, for which I am thankful for.

inb4 people telling me my opinion is wrong.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    Back in tbc/wotlk when i ran a dungeon/raid i was allways looking around at the detail of the instance, it was almost if you could feel the love the developers put down in making the content, and even today when i run old instances they still feel nice (not only for the nostalgia) but by farr the best raid was ICC.
    Whats stopping you from looking around now? There is plenty to be seen. After coming off of a Skyrim binge, I'm still impressed at how Pandaria turned out visually and the amount of detail that was put into it.

MoP is fine in my opinion. The only thing I wish there was a little more of is dungeons. Doing the same 4 dungeons from 85-90 before getting into heroics is just mind numbing. I love every single dungeon in Wrath, even that once everyone seemed to hate (Occulus?) Anyway, dungeons in Wrath just had a great feel for me, I loved the whole style of the entire expansion. In both the raids, quests and dungeons. I guess it's just a preference thing... don't really care for the whole Asian theme, it's a little overdone IMO but everything in Pandaria is still beautiful regardless.

Deleted
    MoP beats the 2 previous expansions with ease.

Let's make another pointless thread about how great [vanilla / random expansion name here] was and fill it with subjective crap.

Anyway, subjective or not, anyone who claims the older dungeons/zones looked better than the MoP ones is just insane.

Mop is not bad. Though I don't agree that it beats 2 previous expansions with ease. The past experiences also appear to be better then the current ones, so to most of us Cata/Wotlk/TBC seems to be better then Mop.

Frankly speaking in my opinion Mop lacks diversity. The zones are too similar (I know that it was to be Asian theme all over) to each other. On that Cataclysm was more interesting for me. Yet monk's gameplay beats all fun I had with my paladin in Cata. Raids have some interesting mechanics, though I'd welcome more bosses that require thinking instead of pressing buttons harder and putting less pressure of difficulty being enrage timer + boss health pool. Great boss design are Spirit Kings on heroic mode. I wish to see more such fight.

Yep, reusing Naxx sure was unique and showed how much pure love blizzard poured into wrath...

It's almost like people have forgotten how terrible of a expansion wrath was, the only thing even remotely enjoyable from that expansion was ulduar and 3d OS other then that naxx was shit, TOGC was shit and ICC was only bearable yet still pretty terrible, i enjoyed some parts of wrath but nostalgia definitely isn't going to win me over because to me wrath is what started wow in its downward spiral (no i'm not saying its dead or dying) and its been heading a bad direction for me personally since then, i didn't like Cata outside of the first raid and MoP raids don't interest me at all but the lore and atmosphere is definitely a step up from both wrath and cata.

Basically i wan't to go back to the old days where everyone was raging about how terrible wrath was hurrdurr deathknight/paladin gladiator!

Overall i think its more of a burnout thing for most people, a lot of us have been playing since vanilla and the game now to BC and it really hasn't changed all that much besides becoming more casual friendly and rewarding, its still very much the same exact wow it was 6 years ago just without the awesome burning legion story line, cool equipment design, good talent trees and SL/SL lock and mace stunlock rogues oh the good ol' days im going to go have a dream of BC.
    Last edited by Ragefit; 2013-02-18 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    What happened? - you look for things you want to see, that's what happened.
    If I wanted to whine I would find thousands reasons to do it, you do it about games, wchich is saddest reason of all.

no unique vista's? I was sitting at the top of kun lai looking down at the land as a raid finished off the sha.

I was in the valley, which is goddamn beautiful.i was flying above the heartland looking at its inhabitants toil on their farms. i was flying with one of the klaxxi commenting how his land has changed and saw the ravages of the sha for myself over what is a dark twisted and beautiful land other than the places the sha has touched.

Shaman totems are still there but they're not drop and forget now. THey all have a situational use to quickly react to and help you with or they're like CD's to boost your team or save your team. Or they're part of our rotation like before. not some inane limited range buff system.

things change, things get different but i think you're idealising the past way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    What happened to World of Warcraft?
    Ever since Cataclysm came out, wow seems less unique overall not only the classes!
    The content in cata and mop are a big MEH to me, to much recycling, iknow that they did this in wotlk and tbc but it was done in a much better way that it made it feel just right!

The classes well...

Removal/changes to Shamans totems, i never understood the reason behind this, the totems been around since start why this drastic changes? Shaman lost its uniqeness at mop...
    Warrior, Paladin (Paladins used to be fun and unique) and Death Knight do pretty much the same thing now but with diffrent animations!
    Warlock, Mage and Spriest not to much of a diffrence...
    Hunter, monk and rogues are the most unique classes out there.
    Back in the day there used to be a unique diffrence in classes how they where played!
    I belive the class changes has to do with the consept of bring the player not the class, then why are there classes in the game then? Why not just pick your race and jump into the game give every one the option to pick Melee, range, healer or tank specs right from start!

Idont like the path World of Warcraft is taking, i have been playing since vanilla and by farr tbc/wotlk was the best exp, idid have high hopes for mop but it just dosent have the right feel to it.
    GC is what happened to WoW.

Sadly classes can't be unique if people keep pushing for balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, your stuff.

Can I.. can I have it?

All of the stuff?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

the game is almost 10 years old.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    GC is what happened to WoW.
    stupid comment.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I think a lot of people are just underwhelmed and overwhelmed by MOP at the same time. While Pandaria is fresh, new, and beautiful, we went three expansions in a row where there was some big bad looming over us, ready to destroy us. Overwhelmed by the freshness, underwhelmed by tension and sense of urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragefit View Post
    Yep, reusing Naxx sure was unique and showed how much pure love blizzard poured into wrath...
    I have no issues with them reusing Naxxramas because a huge percentage of the population never saw the inside of the place. I spent two full tiers raiding that place between level 60 and 80, and it didn't really bother me that much. What gets me is people that didn't play/didn't raid Naxx/never got attuned complaining about Naxxramas being reused content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Let's make another pointless thread about how great [vanilla / random expansion name here] was and fill it with subjective crap.

Anyway, subjective or not, anyone who claims the older dungeons/zones looked better than the MoP ones is just insane.
    I enjoy Outlands infinitely more than Pandaria; call me insane

Pandaria is great. There is a ton of original and unique stuff, unlike Outlands with its derpy as hell cheap dungeon hubs and miles of empty landscape.

Pandaria destroys Outlands in that regard imo.

I don't agree with the OP in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Mop is not bad. Though I don't agree that it beats 2 previous expansions with ease. The past experiences also appear to be better then the current ones, so to most of us Cata/Wotlk/TBC seems to be better then Mop.
    Frankly speaking in my opinion Mop lacks diversity. The zones are too similar (I know that it was to be Asian theme all over) to each other. On that Cataclysm was more interesting for me. Yet monk's gameplay beats all fun I had with my paladin in Cata. Raids have some interesting mechanics, though I'd welcome more bosses that require thinking instead of pressing buttons harder and putting less pressure of difficulty being enrage timer + boss health pool. Great boss design are Spirit Kings on heroic mode. I wish to see more such fight.
    Lol What, im seriously think your trolling and ill bold the points in your quote. Seriously Zones too similar, are you crazy? More people overall enjoyed CATA more, thats the biggest joke ive seen and you must have only raided lfr because bosses in MoP are way better designed than what you say.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirm View Post
    I enjoy Outlands infinitely more than Pandaria; call me insane
    You're insane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Nostalgia + Nah dood nah