Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What's the point of resilience?

I have 62,5% resilience now. People of my class and spec in the best gear possible have 67,5%. I get blown up with no chance to the point that it's almost laughable by people in Malevolent Elite. I could expect to have around 67,5% if I could somehow get the best gear possible tomorrow. This is an increase in effective health of around 136k. Sounds like a lot, maybe, but in today's amount of burst, especially what a Warrior can put out with his super-skill swifty macro, it's 1 more hit from an ability. And I'd get that from going from half 1/1 half 0/1 Dreadful to 2/2 Malevolent Elite.

Tell me why people bother to play healers, again? Or better yet, convince me not to abandon any healer that isn't a shaman or paladin?

Deleted
    Learn to CC, LoS, and in general avoid damage. Resilience isn't supposed to make you a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Learn to CC, LoS, and in general avoid damage. Resilience isn't supposed to make you a tank.
    I am CCing already. Cyclone, roots (Both cast and Nature's Grasp), Typhoon, Displacer and shifting to escape. In most BGs, Blizzard had the brilliant idea of making them open ground. At least around anything significant, like a flag or node. You cannot LoS, you cannot avoid damage if someone wants to damage you past what your abilities give you. There are no pillars to hump.

Pillar humping and LoS isnt the only way to avoid damage..
    in bgs if you see 12 horde dancing and you are alone dont run into them than you wil get slaughterd!
    Not fighting and waiting for back up is a good way to avoid damage

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    Managing CD's properly, CC, thinking before doing anything is always good

Funny how people have such different experiences. I think healers are ridiculously overpowered in general, and get more so every expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    Pillar humping and LoS isnt the only way to avoid damage..
    in bgs if you see 12 horde dancing and you are alone dont run into them than you wil get slaughterd!
    Not fighting and waiting for back up is a good way to avoid damage
    I'm not talking about running into the entire enemy team. I'm not a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Funny how people have such different experiences. I think healers are ridiculously overpowered in general, and get more so every expansion.
    Battle Fatigue, Resi DR coming, PvE trinkets coming back, complete failure from Blizzard's side at making fights last longer. Healers are the weakest they've ever been as far as I can see. At least healers that aren't Shaman or Paladin.

I went arena a couple of days ago with a badly geared druid, and me trying unholy for the first time this expansion, with decent gear.
    It worked fine, despite both of us sucking badly. Fine being equal win/loss with decent geared opponents, and except from one loss against 2 rogues it were always failures on our behalf that made us lose.
    Can't remember the name of the knockback you have with 20 secs CD, but it's highly annoying against any meleeclass, and the talent to confuse all targets around you, if you're getting in trouble.
    Besides there's some nerfs to some of the CC, which probably is more of a problem to you, than the burst itself.
    As some other said. You're not suposed to be a tank with resi, so if 3 people are on you, and your team don't try to keep them off, you're suposed to die.
    Personally i hate healing druids endlessly, for their high mobility. Can barely catch a good one. Monks are easier to get a hold of.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Battle Fatigue, Resi DR coming, PvE trinkets coming back, complete failure from Blizzard's side at making fights last longer. Healers are the weakest they've ever been as far as I can see. At least healers that aren't Shaman or Paladin.
    Shamans are easy to kill compared to druids. easier to interrupt their healing. Paladins you just zerg to they pop the shield, and then you get back to them after it's down <.<

Don't think they're weak though. If somebody protects them well it's hard to deal with. Being a battle of getting them oom before you die.
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-02-18 at 10:46 AM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Its no secret that wow pvp has been severely dumbed down... Anyone saying otherwise is just lying to themselves...
    WORLD OF COOLDOWNCRAFT. Wtb not being facerolled by crazy geared RBG heroes stuck on 1800-2000.
    We have to play perfect, absolutely perfect, (since we all came in alittle late this season, and only have around 465-472'ish ilvl).
    Doesnt matter if they make mistakes... Not like in wotlk, were you didnt have 800 get-out-of-jail-free-card.
    5.2 might fix MoP... but i highly doubt it.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2013-02-18 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they are still too strong. I'm starting to think diminishing returns for heals might become a necessity in PvP.

Either that or vastly nuke the effectiveness of instant cast heals and absorbs so healers actually become interruptable.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2013-02-18 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And yet they are still too strong. I'm starting to think diminishing returns for heals might become a necessity in PvP.
    Too strong in what sense? Because there's a requirement for Malevolent (Elite if you're a complete waster) OR skill to kill one as a single DPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am CCing already. Cyclone, roots (Both cast and Nature's Grasp), Typhoon, Displacer and shifting to escape. In most BGs, Blizzard had the brilliant idea of making them open ground. At least around anything significant, like a flag or node. You cannot LoS, you cannot avoid damage if someone wants to damage you past what your abilities give you. There are no pillars to hump.
    You can los anywhere..... Abilities have R A N G E when there is no pillars you step out of that R A N G E.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Its no secret that wow pvp has been severely dumbed down... Anyone saying otherwise is just lying to themselves...
    WORLD OF COOLDOWNCRAFT. Wtb not being facerolled by crazy geared RBG heroes stuck on 1800-2000.
    We have to play perfect, absolutely perfect, (since we all came in alittle late this season, and only have around 465-472'ish ilvl).
    Doesnt matter if they make mistakes... Not like in wotlk, were you didnt have 800 get-out-of-jail-free-card.
    5.2 might fix mope... but i highly doubt it.
    what does this have to do with anything? Did you randomly choose a pvp topic to post this? This isnt constructive nor applicable to the topic at hand.

Anyway. Resi isnt supposed to make you impossible or make you a prolonged kill for others. It gives you time to survive the damage classes throw out (those without resi dont get the time to breath before dying) to strike them down yourself with your abilities and tactics with your own group. The stats and resi can only provide the base means but when you reach the point where gear base lines for everyone, its down to tactics and coordination. or lack thereof.

that being said there are some changes needed in pvp with how things have turned out, and it will be tested and shifted to something better.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-18 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too strong in what sense? Because there's a requirement for Malevolent (Elite if you're a complete waster) OR skill to kill one as a single DPS?
    It's more a question of instant cast heals being too prolific. There was a reason the Spell Lock/Counterspell changes were reversed.

The direction of PvP has become retarded, quite frankly. There is too much CC, still too much burst, and gear disparity on top of that.

One of the things they could do to fix it, imo, is getting rid of gear progression for PvP; make PvP gear purely vanity items, stats do not change and thus it becomes a question of skill. With that solved, more effort could go into numerical and class balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

There have been some good points about instant casts on both sides, tons of cc and high burst that gets worse and worse with the gear gap being to huge and we are only in the 1st season. On top of that all resto druids are about as bad as they have ever been in pvp and pve. Right now they are far to easy to kill or shut down and burn others down. Blizz seems to think making rejuv cheaper is going to be a magic fix but living long enough to have a cheaper hot save you isn't really the issue for most.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    There have been some good points about instant casts on both sides, tons of cc and high burst that gets worse and worse with the gear gap being to huge and we are only in the 1st season. On top of that all resto druids are about as bad as they have ever been in pvp and pve. Right now they are far to easy to kill or shut down and burn others down. Blizz seems to think making rejuv cheaper is going to be a magic fix but living long enough to have a cheaper hot save you isn't really the issue for most.
    Yeah, I found a tweet by Ghostcrawler particularly infuriating. It was classified as PvP, and he said they had "especially buffed Rejuv" when all they've done is reduce the mana cost of it. The only healing increase is the 10% overall increase. Mana isn't the issue, dealing with the insane burst as a HOT-based class is the issue. Regrowth is a laughable heal compared to other fast strong heals.

If one DPS can kill a healer single-handedly, why would you bring a healer? If a healer cannot even outlive the DPS of one person, then you are essentially wasting a spot that you could've had a DPS in.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's more a question of instant cast heals being too prolific. There was a reason the Spell Lock/Counterspell changes were reversed.
    Even with loads of instant casts, the potential healing output of a Resto Druid is pitiful comparatively. I don't think the healers are the issue in PvP at all nowadays.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2013-02-18 at 11:57 AM.

Warrior damage paired with the mobility and survival ist still insane an will continue to be so in 5.2 there are other classes (rogue in 5.2, mage, warlock, dk ) that pump out insane damage but those classes you can at least escape or counter when they go swifty. A warrior is unpeelable, unccable (fear, sap etc), unkitable and when things get ugly they just sit in def. stance 24/7 and lolseconwind. All other classes are more or less balanced in my book.

druid complaining about being trained, sorry but you have no right. if played properly, you can avoid any type of cc's and swaps to you, my advice would be to watch some movies or streams to get an idea of what good people do.

warriors are heavy to take on right now yes, but then again 3v3 is played with 2 more people on your side, so you might wanna ask them to actually do something.

what I am getting here is that you are about an average druid who is struggling to progress and if you want to do that, you need to have RELIABLE teammates who know what they are doing.

Deleted
    Sorry, whats the rest of the team doing, having a smoke?

@sevyaria - people complained games where too long in cata, ohhh the irony.

Healers in rbgs will not survive without peels and cc from their teammates. Are you wanting to run into the middle and afk till you win? Sorry thats not going to happen. To me is sounds like either you or your team memembers need more practice.