10+ Year Old Account

Good raid comp. for ToES normal

I need bit of advice for my today's ToES group. Who to take and who to leave out. We are starting from Tsulong. We are 3 healing it.

Tanks: Guardian/pro.paladin
    Healers: rshaman, 2x rdruid, hpala
    DPS: 2x spriest, 2x fury warrior, 1 bm/sv hunter, 1 retri, 1 ass. rogue

My lineup would be
    tanks: guardian/prot. pala
    Healers: rshaman, rdruid, Y
    DPS: spriest, fury war., hunter, rogue, X

Leaves me with 1 healer and 1 DPS spot. I ran this comp through the raid comp. thing here in mmo-c and it showed that all buffs and debuffs are covered, but I do still need to fill in those 2 spots.

Should I take a second druid or hpala as healers?
    Which of the following I should choose for DPS: spriest, warrior or retri.

"Bring the player not the class". While this is not always true, it remains mostly true for normal modes. From my experience no bosses in Toes require any special setup, though Sha of Fear (imo) favours melee slightly.

Take whoever pulls the highest numbers, and maybe bring a healer that can also DPS (for Lei shi and Sha).

Deleted
    I'd say fury warr and pala healer.

Deleted
    I would take the holy pally and whichever dps performs the best, as you say you have all buffs and debuffs covered, bring the player, not the class for the last dps spot.

Deleted
    Since your comp is allready well diversed, those X and Y spots can have w/e in them really.

The only time a comp gets tricky in normals would probably be bringing something like 4-5 of the same class.
    We ran with 3 hunters and 3 druids in the same raid once. 3 warrs and 3 hunters in another.

Deleted
    personally i'd say go for the paladin and shadow priest, though i prefer ranged over melee 99% of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Sha is our progression atmo and we hope to get to him tonight. The rest is just hopefully loot pinatas (I truly hope so).

Well, you guys say that doesn't much matter in normals is it melee or ranged, but fights like Lei Shi are bit hard on casters like spriest when, when she is doing Get Away, or am I mistaking?

2x priests on Tsulong however gives us some extra healing when they don't have Sha to kill.

Both the warriors and priests are decent players with decent DPS. Our guild "policy" (lets call it like) is that we don't switch raiders mid raid, unless personal issues or something else. So I have to choose a "final" group.

For Lei Shi, the only thing that really matters is crowd control, you need to be able to CC 3 elementals reliably, she's a pushover beyond that (though melee and hunters are slightly better than casters for the get away! phases, you shouldn't have any problem unless you bring only mages or something). We killed her on our fourth try, and the wipes were from 2 accidental CC breaks and not realizing there were 4 adds in the last 2 add phases.

For Sha you want to use 2 healers. Any class will be fine, but taking 3 is a really bad idea because then the adds won't die and the dps won't have time to attack the boss
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Hpally and a mage or lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Hpally and a mage or lock.
    Where in the world did I list that I have a lock or mage to bring along.

Don't just read the topic title, please... I cannot change nor edit the topic's title

Holy pally rocks on this fight IF they read up on it and know what talents to use.

I am also biased and prefer ranged over melee by default, without logs we can't pick your raid team for you. Take the best dps/most raid aware like you would for any fight.

Deleted
    Your over thinking it, just take your 10 best players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I need bit of advice for my today's ToES group. Who to take and who to leave out. We are starting from Tsulong. We are 3 healing it.

Tanks: Guardian/pro.paladin
    Healers: rshaman, 2x rdruid, hpala
    DPS: 2x spriest, 2x fury warrior, 1 bm/sv hunter, 1 retri, 1 ass. rogue

My lineup would be
    tanks: guardian/prot. pala
    Healers: rshaman, rdruid, Y
    DPS: spriest, fury war., hunter, rogue, X

Leaves me with 1 healer and 1 DPS spot. I ran this comp through the raid comp. thing here in mmo-c and it showed that all buffs and debuffs are covered, but I do still need to fill in those 2 spots.

Should I take a second druid or hpala as healers?
    Which of the following I should choose for DPS: spriest, warrior or retri.
    Depends how you wanna do things, we 2 healed Protectors / Sha when we did it on normal. On Sha you 100% have to 2 heal.

Setup wise its better to have a mixture (If you don't use 2x disc :P), so I would say you should take the holy paladin. You should try to keep melees at a minimum to excel best, 1-2 is max (Adviced 1, but some fights it doesn't matter that much).
    As you already have that, I would take the SP.

I will however say, that you should really get a Lock, they are beast dps / utility compared to a SP (In current tier). If your druid had a dps offspec (Your rdruid a Boom offspec), would be an awesome combo, but besides that.... You just have to take another melee in for sha.
    The reason you need 6 dps classes on sha, is the dps timer ain't really tight, but there are not much dmg going on, and you need the extra dps for platforms.

Also, I am on your server, horde side, you can always PM me with questions if you like.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-02-18 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over thinking, perhaps.

As for best, well... That is bit trickier then it seems. I do have to rotate my raiders to give everyone a chance to raid, check their signs etc. But when you have all of your best line-up available. Sigh.

Well if we get to Sha the hpala has a retri spec, so I have a melee. None of the healers excel in playing their OS unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-18 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Over thinking, perhaps.

As for best, well... That is bit trickier then it seems. I do have to rotate my raiders to give everyone a chance to raid, check their signs etc. But when you have all of your best line-up available. Sigh.

Well if we get to Sha the hpala has a retri spec, so I have a melee. None of the healers excel in playing their OS unfortunately.
    Mm Can be tricky. I would advice you in general to keep the melee count at maximum 2, even 2 heal fights. Melee dps def have their fights to shine on, but ranged is nearly always better, in this tier atleast (And in the past tiers).

Depends how you wanna run your guild, but to get decent progress, you prob have to have a core of 12-13 max.

And with the most stable members take them every time, to get the best progress / fun you can have.

Where in the world did I list that I have a lock or mage to bring along.

Don't just read the topic title, please... I cannot change nor edit the topic's title
    I read the whole thing. Just hit send before I typed the rest, and then my net kept timing out so I couldn't edit. I know you didn't list them... But they're worth looking fo over more of the same classes you have.