Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Advice for Sha of Fear (Heroic) - 10 Man.

Hello.

As many other postes (recently) before me, we just killed Tsulong, and are going to extend our lockout till Sha is done.

I would like to gather as much info I can before we start progressing on him on Wed.

Things I know:

Get a Dread Spray addon.
    You get your cds /debuff taken off when you enter p2. - Pop TW and cooldowns azap in p2, to burst the boss down as much as possible).
    Ignore adds and nuke boss in p1 only.
    Triangle in p2, with the ball (1 so the adds gathers, and the 2 other to kite them).

Questions in P1.
    Is the buff gained the first attempt you get to p2, so you can easier get there on future progress tries?
    Do you need to save cooldowns for the platforms, or should you just attempt to get to p2 as fast as possible (Use cooldowns on cooldown)
    On Death Blossom, do you have to run out? Ive seen in for example Paragon's movie, when they have a disc on the platform they sometimes heal through it and sometimes abuses BoP's.
    Is transition on 65%?

Questions for p2.
    How do they adds add up? 1-2-2- and from there?
    What kind of rotation do you use on the adds? Not talking dps rotation, but like "first = dots", "second = dots " , "third = dots+rogue" etc. It seems like on most kill they end up with 7 / 8 adds.
    What classes for throwing the ball? It seems like most people use 1 dps to gather (the tip of the triangle), and 2 healers to throw the ball?
    How do you break the huddles with the ball?
    It also seem that all guilds kite him to a certain part of the room, where is this, and why do they do it?

What other mechs than adds is there in p2? From videos Ive seen

Water Spout : Simple AoE on the ground, avoid that.

Impac Strike : Cone tanks have to avoid.

Huddle : On 10 man break it with the ball. What do you do if the healer who have this gets huddle? Throw him the ball? Also do Tremor work on this?

Naked And Afraid: Tank Swap debuff.

And submerge, this is where you finish of the adds.

Did I miss anything, or does that look like it? It seems to be a long fight, but rather simple of execution.

Also, is there any classes thats better than others for this fight.
    Atm classes I think we have ava is 2x Locks, 1x Ele sham, 1x Boom, 1x Rogue, Shadow Priest, Mage, Prot War, Blood DK, Mistweaver Monk, Disc Priest, Holy Paladin.
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2013-02-18 at 12:56 PM.

Deleted
    Is the buff gained the first attempt you get to p2?
    No. It's when you whipe on that particular attempt.

Do you need to save cooldowns for the platforms, or should you just attempt to get to p2 as fast as possible (Use cooldowns on cooldown)

Preferably if you're having dps issues on the Pandas.

On Death Blossom, do you have to run out?
    Unless you have a discpriest or defensive cd's (Detterrence, Dark bargain etc) You LoS it.

Questions for p2.

1-2-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6-7-7-8-8-Dead hopefully.

What kind of rotation do you use on the adds?
    Dots, Dots, Dots + Hunter Multishot, Dots + Hunter + 1 Melee cleave etc. (More and more, By 6-8 adds everyone should kill them pretty much)

What classes for throwing the ball? It seems like most people use 1 dps to gather (the tip of the triangle), and 2 healers to throw the ball?

We use 1 dps and 2 healers. Mainly to ensure 1 of our healers always are free from the huddle and obviously for more dps on the boss.

How do you break the huddles with the ball?
    The Huddle is simply a Fear that ticks 90k each second on the affected players. You throw the ball to remove it (Target the player with Huddle and use your Action button)

It also seem that all guilds kite him to a certain part of the room, where is this, and why do they do it?

You'd want him in the middle so that the adds have a longer traveltime/easier to stack them up.

The only thing i can think of that you missed is that the adds throw some random damage on players each time you throw the ball. It will hurt in the end if your reckless/not using cooldowns (I'd say around 15%ish or so)

Deleted
    In terms of the Huddle's, do they normally happen before the adds are @u? So u also can throw the ball to dps'ers, to break them for dps on boss.
    And can it be broken by Tremor?

Deleted
    Until you get the buff:
    Lust on the platforms (for each team if you have plenty), use all cooldowns/potions there. You'll probably have to beat two platforms with cooldowns and a third without, have your maintank step outside of the golden circle before the 4th crackle and have him use all cooldowns right then because your 3rd platform team will probably arrive somewhat late. Don't engage the 4th platform, just stay at the entry and wait until the other six raidmember (hopefully) bring Sha into the transition (66%).

After you get the buff:
    Lust at the start with all cooldowns, kill two platforms and don't engage on the third.

Death blossom: if you got the hand of protections... use them on your caster. If not i'd step behind the pillars, even while chaining several raid- and personal cooldowns into that it wasn't healable for us at all.

Naked And Afraid: we came to the conclusion that it felt better to have our blocktank eating 98% of the swings and the other one only taking that debuff from him while helping on the adds otherwise as good as they could. But having each tank eating a dread trash with their cooldowns can work out better, depending on your lineup (external cooldowns, etc).

Sorry if i didn't answer all your questions but i hope it helps to boot with

Deleted
    Sha of Fear has 3 Abilities in the whole p2

They can appear random. But to some extent it's still controlled.

What we know : All 3 abilities might occur first. Huddle however appears either first of second of these abilities and is never the last one to show.

This leaves us with the following combinations:
    Huddle>Waterspout>Implaceable Strike
    Huddle>Implaceable Strike>Waterspout
    Implaceable Strike>Huddle>Waterspout
    Waterspout>Huddle>Implaceable Strike

The abilities happends while the adds are up. The adds spawn after each submerge. You then have around 4-7 seconds before the first ability. Anyone but tanks can get Huddle, they need to get the ball, Top priority is healers. Tanks should never have the ball.

I dont think the Huddle can be broken by tremor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    - snip -
    1. You gain it the first time you reach P2; You loose it when you enter P2 as its only purpose is to speed up P1; Say you raid today and reach P2 but dont kill him, tomorrow you loose the buff until you reach P2 again.

2. Depends on your raid. Some people save cooldowns for pandas others don't.

3. Again depends on your raid. When you enter P2 all cd's (including lust) are reset and personally my raid thought it was best to spend them in Deathblossom in P1 since there isn't any other moment when you take obscene damage.

4. The first 2 or 3 waves are single adds but from then on out you have 2x of the same number of adds. Like 1-2-3-3-4-4-5-5-6-6-7-7 etc.

5. All multidoters must multi-dot at any given time. Adds should be walking stacked on each others near the boss for additional melee cleave. First four waves go down without much of a problem but after that you will want half your raid DPS full time on adds.

6. Everybody throws the ball at a given point. No classes are special. You will want 2 healers doing passes back and forth because if Huddle in Terror shows up and neither healer has the ball chances are both of them get it and then you are fu--ed because noone is healing them or the tanks.

7. Just throw the ball to the person with it.

8. Remember why Tsulong is in middle of the room so all adds have to run the same distance to him? Basically same mind set as the adds in Sha P2. It should be in the place where your character is when you enter P2.

9. Spout spawns beneath you and you move 2 steps and then another one might spawn again beneath you. Somewhat dificult to see in melee range with all the smoke behind Sha - You should not take more than 2 ticks from it. When Huddle comes you throw the ball to another healer if he/she is Huddle'd and then to the DPS's. Pass it fast because a add might be next to a Huddled target and you die if you take more than a second to throw it again. If a person has the ball that person will NOT get Huddle. Tremor and other similar abilities don't work in Huddle. Other than that you got all abilities right except Emerge. Sha goes underwater you kill adds, avoid the big smokey clouds on the floor or you will get trampled with 800k+ damage.

10. Warlocks and Moonkins are kings of damage in this fight no matter what you do.

Hope I helped even though I'm also progressing in P2.

Deleted
    This was awesome. Thanks for all the great applies, I think I have all my questions answered. And that went fast

If someone have anything to add feel free.

I think I am covered for now tho, awesome

Deleted
    One more thing. If you have fast reflexes you'll notice when it's Huddle, as a vent of steam spawns beneath/upwards on the Huddle'd players. Takes awhile to notice but it could simplify the encounter a minor bit.

Deleted
    Very good informations so far, keep them coming !

I have a question about P2 though: are there particular class or specs that you found to be especially effective at cleaving the adds while nuking the boss ? (For example, SP or Moonkin aoe potential looks huge but their single target DPS on Sha is an issue or not ?)

Same question over and over... but it's so hard to find the exact middle of the room. I always suspect our position when we phase into P2 is somewhat related to our P1 position. Like eg could the tank on sha be the middle? or people who were on the pagoda? I'm sure someone has a good way of telling, but they are keeping their lips sealed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justusy View Post
    Same question over and over... but it's so hard to find the exact middle of the room. I always suspect our position when we phase into P2 is somewhat related to our P1 position. Like eg could the tank on sha be the middle? or people who were on the pagoda? I'm sure someone has a good way of telling, but they are keeping their lips sealed.
    I haven't done it yet, but according to videos thats where you spawn.

Also, you can see it on the map, kinda?

What addon to use
    Sha Assist or Dread VR I personally prefer Dread VR as a tank since its easier to not get hit while moving. Sha assist seems better for dps but its all personal preference.

Is the buff gained the first attempt you get to p2?
    Yes but it only affects p1 so you don't get it till you whipe.

Untill you reach the first time save cd's for platforms you will get 4 platforms Usually you do not engage the 4th platform cause he is low enough to push. after that you should push with 3 platforms without engaging the 4th. You may need 1 more plat than what I said but thats what we did and we got our first kill last week so dps should be somewhat comparable.

On Death Blossom, do you have to run out?
    Yes unless you can cd through it. Warlock/hunter deterrence, resto druid symbiosis deterrence, ect....

Questions for p2.

We killed on the first 7. You usually don't get 8's in 10 man.

Everyone needs to know how to throw since you have to break huddles so make sure to teach everyone. But ideally 2 healers and a mage/warlock do the throwing.

You want the middle of the room. Which ironically is like 4 feet in front of where you zone in. Go attack the boss and drag him back to that and put 4 marks down in a square 1 for tank 3 for the kiters. with boss in dead center makes it easy for tank to reposition after a submerge.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2013-02-18 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Until you get the buff:
    Lust on the platforms (for each team if you have plenty), use all cooldowns/potions there. You'll probably have to beat two platforms with cooldowns and a third without, have your maintank step outside of the golden circle before the 4th crackle and have him use all cooldowns right then because your 3rd platform team will probably arrive somewhat late. Don't engage the 4th platform, just stay at the entry and wait until the other six raidmember (hopefully) bring Sha into the transition (66%).
    Before you get Lei's Hope, are you killing the Terror Spawns?

Deleted

You'll want to kill the Terror Spawns yes. Atleast untill 75% or so, Then you can choose to ignore them and simply burn the boss. The reason being you'd be overrun by shit on the plattform. It's really on the edge with the Lei's Hope buff to ignore the adds (Wooooo Dancing my socks off)

Quote Originally Posted by Kluddesu View Post

You'll want to kill the Terror Spawns yes. Atleast untill 75% or so, Then you can choose to ignore them and simply burn the boss. The reason being you'd be overrun by shit on the plattform. It's really on the edge with the Lei's Hope buff to ignore the adds (Wooooo Dancing my socks off)
    Is there a specific amount we should leave up for this or just kill them all? Like only keeping 4 up etc.

We always ignored them with or without the buff with no problem on 10man, really dont think its needed to kill them tbh.

Deleted
    Is there a specific amount we should leave up for this or just kill them all? Like only keeping 4 up etc.

I'd like to say between 12-14 Is the absolute limit. It's far from optimal if you're working on getting to P2. But it works. But anything after that get's reeeeaaally hectic on the dancing front. That's really on the edge to being really tense/annoying. So I'd advice to keep around 6-10 up or so. You can pretty much dot them to 50%ish or so. then kill off a bunch before 75%ish on the boss. So you'll have a freeway to getting to 66.5%

Deleted
    Somewhat going to Hijack this, in Phase 2 how would you peel DPS off the boss and on the adds?

Our dps consists of;

Affli lock
    Boomkin
    Shadowpriest
    Fury Warrior
    Enh shaman
    Arcane Mage

With our Enh shaman, Fury warrior and Mage beeing our best DPS generally speaking.

Personally i'm currently thinking something like this, but i might have the wrong DPS peeling of at the wrong time;

Submerge # 01 - 1 Adds - Multi Dotters
    Submerge # 02 - 2 Adds - Multi Dotters
    Submerge # 03 - 2 Adds - Multi Dotters
    Submerge # 04 - 3 Adds - Multi Dotters
    Submerge # 05 - 3 Adds - Multi Dotters
    Submerge # 06 - 4 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Cleaving / Whirling
    Submerge # 07 - 4 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Cleaving / Whirling
    Submerge # 08 - 5 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Focusing on adds
    Submerge # 09 - 5 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Focusing on adds
    Submerge # 10 - 6 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior & Mage
    Submerge # 11 - 6 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior & Mage
    Submerge # 11 - 7 Adds - Everyone
    Submerge # 11 - 8 Adds - Everyone (Realistically we should be burning the last 7~%)
    Submerge # 11 - 8 Adds - Everyone (Realistically we should be burning the last 7~%)

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by mmocf1c430c691; 2013-02-19 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    In regards to the post above me, I have a few follow up questions (As we have nearly, but not the same combo).

When should an Elemental Shaman start Cl'ing (From Cling off Sha, till Spam Cl).

How strong is rogue's AoE compared to other classes, and should they be the last to go on adds ?

(We have an Rogue instead of Fury War, and Ele instead of Enh, compared to the above)

Deleted
    Submerge # 01 - 1 Adds - Put up dots once. Then burn him down when Sha is submerged.
    Submerge # 02 - 2 Adds - Same as above
    Submerge # 03 - 2 Adds - Same as above
    Submerge # 04 - 3 Adds - Dots + some cleave
    Submerge # 05 - 3 Adds - Dots + some cleave
    Submerge # 06 - 4 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Cleaving / Whirling
    Submerge # 07 - 4 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Cleaving / Whirling
    Submerge # 08 - 5 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Focusing on adds (The tank not currently tanking should also help out)
    Submerge # 09 - 5 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior Focusing on adds (The tank not currently tanking should also help out)
    Submerge # 10 - 6 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior & Mage
    Submerge # 11 - 6 Adds - Multi Dotters + Fury Warrior & Mage
    Submerge # 11 - 8 Adds - Everyone You may have to kill the first set. But should really be ignored and burning the boss.
    Submerge # 11 - 8 Adds - Everyone You ignore the 8th adds as he really should die inbetween

We had our warrior tank spec Bloodbath/Dragonroar to help out on adds

If you're in the burn phase and sha's about to go down, Have one of your ranged dps run out and get the ball. Sacrifice him to get more time on the boss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the post above me, I have a few follow up questions (As we have nearly, but not the same combo).

When should an Elemental Shaman start Cl'ing (From Cling off Sha, till Spam Cl).
    Depends on when you're putting him on duty. I'd say 5+ adds should be alright for him to start.

How strong is rogue's AoE compared to other classes, and should they be the last to go on adds ?
    They are very bad at this, and should be the last ones to go on adds. (They should still help out on 6+ adds Imo)
    Last edited by mmocec14909945; 2013-02-19 at 02:11 PM.