Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's unlikely they'll make the Saurok playable considering they were created and land-locked to Pandaria.

Worgen were remade as there wasn't a definitive origin story and that we've seen them in several different parts of the land.

Saurok are different. Naga are far more likely to be given a brand new skeleton than a minor race such as the Saurok (even if they are pretty cool)

10+ Year Old Account
    The trick, of course, is in the explanation. Why would (for example) a group of naga suddenly side with the Horde or Alliance?

While I'd like to play a draknoid, I suspect the next races will have to come with the new expansion, as the draenei and pandarens did. Adding goblins in Cata felt..forced. Most goblins are neutral, it seemed off somehow that a bunch just up and joined because Thrall blew through town. Having a group of saurok do the same would be tough to explain.

On the other hand, if during the next expansion, the first humans and elves to arrive in, say, the Sargeras Plane of Hellfire save the Komodo Dragon Head people from extinction, that would make more sense to me if that race joined the Alliance. But to me, the story of why they joined is important. Worgen re-joining the Alliance felt natural. A bunch of blue dragonspawn walking up to Vol'jin and saying "we're the same color! we should totally hang out!" doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    Argonian! oh wait
    Came here to say this exactly, pfft, beat me to it.

None, please. Enough with the pandas, doggies and cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    None, please. Enough with the pandas, doggies and cows.
    This doesn't even make any sense. If you have had enough of "pandas, doggies, and cows" then just don't play those races.

It all comes down to something natural. To be honest, everything that wasn't the Worgen and Pandaren felt extremely forced so far. The concept of "we saw the alliance/horde first and they helped us so everyone on the other side is evil" mentality makes no sense at all to me. If a new playable race is going to join it should be something with history on each side (or against each side). None of these have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The trick, of course, is in the explanation. Why would (for example) a group of naga suddenly side with the Horde or Alliance?

While I'd like to play a draknoid, I suspect the next races will have to come with the new expansion, as the draenei and pandarens did. Adding goblins in Cata felt..forced. Most goblins are neutral, it seemed off somehow that a bunch just up and joined because Thrall blew through town. Having a group of saurok do the same would be tough to explain.

On the other hand, if during the next expansion, the first humans and elves to arrive in, say, the Sargeras Plane of Hellfire save the Komodo Dragon Head people from extinction, that would make more sense to me if that race joined the Alliance. But to me, the story of why they joined is important. Worgen re-joining the Alliance felt natural. A bunch of blue dragonspawn walking up to Vol'jin and saying "we're the same color! we should totally hang out!" doesn't.
    Gotta agree with you here, the back story is important. That being said, Draknoid could easily make sense, as the children of the Dragons, now that the dragon aspects are diminished after the fight with Deathwing.

Finding a place in the mortal world the former aspects start having "children" that can interact with the mortal races etc etc. Might be fun to give draknoid a "flight form" of a small dragon, still has the cast time like Worgen running wild so they can shape shift.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saurok, as long as they change the animations so they don't mimic Worgen.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Saurok are the only one built to be a player model, we don't need dragonkin allover orgimmar anyways.
    This only works out because they have the worgen skeleton / animations which is just disgusting and boring.

My vote's on Naga. Not that I think we need anything else, but for the sake of contribution.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blah337 View Post
    This doesn't even make any sense. If you have had enough of "pandas, doggies, and cows" then just don't play those races.
    Haven't you heard? Wow players don't pay attention to what they do or say these days. They're only concerned with what everyone else is doing/playing/enjoying!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot more blizz can do with Saurok than the Naga or Dragons. Plus Saurok are closest to a workable player model than the other two.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

This is something I have bemoaned for a long time. Reptilian races are among the most awesome in any video game. Surely Blizzard could see that lot of people would pay money to play a reptilian character. I know many who would pay for race changes in a heartbeat to play as reptilian characters.

No, not Naga because of their animation problems. Not to mention, it wouldn't make any bloody sense in lore.

Dragonspawn/Drakinoids are simply too powerful in lore to be playable in-game. Not to mention, it wouldn't make any bloody sense.

Saurok would have made for a fantastic race if they pulled it off right, which would include some drastic changes to their lore, , but it appears that Blizzard wanted to force Pandaren into our game than anything else.

So I would opt for an entirely new race, or an altered version of the Saurok that have been granted greater intellect and reasoning functions. Even then, it appears that ship has already sailed.

After looking up stuff on drakanoids I vote for them!!!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    This is something I have bemoaned for a long time. Reptilian races are among the most awesome in any video game. Surely Blizzard could see that lot of people would pay money to play a reptilian character. I know many who would pay for race changes in a heartbeat to play as reptilian characters.

No, not Naga because of their animation problems. Not to mention, it wouldn't make any bloody sense in lore.

Dragonspawn/Drakinoids are simply too powerful in lore to be playable in-game. Not to mention, it wouldn't make any bloody sense.

Saurok would have made for a fantastic race if they pulled it off right, which would include some drastic changes to their lore, , but it appears that Blizzard wanted to force Pandaren into our game than anything else.

So I would opt for an entirely new race, or an altered version of the Saurok that have been granted greater intellect and reasoning functions. Even then, it appears that ship has already sailed.
    All the races of Pandaria are well-done, have a lot of potential, but suck.

Hozen became non-stop poop jokes.

Jinyu were ignored aside for 1 hub in Kun'lai.

Mogu were just mishandled as a whole, none of their lore matches up zone to zone, Lei Shen seems to only be emperor of one island, their Titan backstory is never explored.

Virmen were supposed to be Pandaria's kobolds, but they wound up just being related to one hub in 4 winds.

Saurok were retconned out of importance somewhere between Wandering Isle and Pandaria.

Meanwhile, if I hear "We are the watchers on the wall" again I will declare war on the Shado'pan.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    It's unlikely they'll make the Saurok playable considering they were created and land-locked to Pandaria.

Worgen were remade as there wasn't a definitive origin story and that we've seen them in several different parts of the land.

Saurok are different. Naga are far more likely to be given a brand new skeleton than a minor race such as the Saurok (even if they are pretty cool)
    They aren't land-locked to Pandaria. The Wandering Isle turtle is assaulted by a bunch of them, and they all seemed to just come from the ocean depths.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    World of Zoo 6.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Virmen were supposed to be Pandaria's kobolds
    You no take carrot?

Meanwhile, if I hear "We are the watchers on the wall" again I will declare war on the Shado'pan.
    Course, now they're watchers on the wall with a great big hole in it. Nice job, fuzzy boys.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    All the races of Pandaria are well-done, have a lot of potential, but suck.

Hozen became non-stop poop jokes.

Jinyu were ignored aside for 1 hub in Kun'lai.

Mogu were just mishandled as a whole, none of their lore matches up zone to zone, Lei Shen seems to only be emperor of one island, their Titan backstory is never explored.

Virmen were supposed to be Pandaria's kobolds, but they wound up just being related to one hub in 4 winds.

Saurok were retconned out of importance somewhere between Wandering Isle and Pandaria.

Woah easy now, MoP isn't even done yet. Most your complaints about the Mogu are being explained in 5.2, same goes for the importance of the Saurok. There's a Jinyu village in Jade Forest, Kun-Lai and Krasarang, so they weren't ignored, also there are plenty of Jinyu npc's out there doing stuff. And Virmen are the kobolds of Pandaria, there's truck load of them all over the continent more or less.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

David Icke's reptilians

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I should have said bestial. They're sentient but they sure as hell act like wild beasts most of the time.
    That didn't stop Blizz from adding the worgen, nor did the fact that they needed to completely re-do the skeleton and model of an existing creature.

Sauroks look like they use the same skeleton as worgens

I want a new turtle based race. TMNT baby!!! They would definitely be able to play as monks