Poll: Which reptilian race would you like to see become playable?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saurok are pretty cool

All of them are highly unlikely.

If we go back to Outlands in Expansion 4 or 5 (because the Burning Legion isn't done yet!), I'd love to see the Arakkoa (Bird-like race) become playable.

According to http://www.wowwiki.com/Race_ideas, they seemed likely at the time! While it's true they don't really leave the Terokkar Forest, the Pandaren almost never leave Pandaria AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED, THEY BECAME PLAYABLE ANYWAYS.

Also, because we know Blizzard is open to the idea of Neutral races that pick a side (Pandaren), Arakkoa could easily become Neutral Race #2.

Naga or Dragonspawn/Drakonid: Both races are extremely hostile. Naga for sure won't be on Alliance as Night Elves would probably leave Alliance if that happened. The biggest issue would be models, animations, and hitboxes, as they've said have always been an issue in the past because people kept thinking Nagas would become a playable race. These WILL NOT anytime soon and probably NEVER become playable races.

Saurok: While an interesting species, they are quite hostile and territorial to things that aren't Saurok, so I wouldn't see them too likely to join a side. The Alliance doesn't seem like a good fit for them and the Horde is barely bound together anymore due to fighting amongst the races (particularily with Orcs and Trolls/Tauren atm, though the Blood Elves and Forsaken are only there for their own agendas); the Saurok, AFAIK, tend to be a more close-knit clan.

Because of these, I would see Murloc becoming a playable race before any of these three do.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-02-19 at 04:15 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    How would they survive in Northrend, lol.

But seriously, I would love to play Saurok.

As a huge fan of Lizardmen from Warhammer and as someone who wants to play tribal/jungle/voodoo but absolutely hates troll models, they would be a most welcome choice.
    Drakkari have Raptors and T-rex's in northrend, and the tuskarr ride turtles, so 'magic' let's lizards survive in the cold.
    Twas brillig

Saurok but I doubt due to their in-game nature. No way could they go alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Arakkoa would be great. They've already established some Arakkoa as good, though they're kinda like Draenei in that they revere the Naaru. They'll have to expand the Arakkoa story a bit more for it to work, which they could easily do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    Considering Saurok use the Worgen Skeleton, seems highly unlikely they would become playable. Even more unlikely they would design a whole new skeleton for them when they're bound to Pandaria.
    While I agree it's unlikely we'll ever see them as playable (they're very much a "slay en masse" sort of race) this argument really holds little water. After all, the original Goblins all used the Dwarven skeletons, and we can see how that turned out for them. If Blizz (or the players) want something bad enough, they'll do it.

I would prefer either Naga or Drakonids, with a preference for Drakonids probably. Naga have been twisted and brainwashed for millenia now, following either Azshara or the Old Gods (both I guess) with nothing really able to bring them back. At this point they're probably a lot like the Scourge, seeing their curse as more of a blessing and despising any "lesser races." No amount of "but they used to be Elves!" is bringing them back, I fear.
    Drakonids though, I think they have some potential. There's very little lore about them, but that just means there's more for Blizzard to work with. From what I've read I don't think they're really born so much as humanoids that go through some sort of ascendence, so I could see a starting zone wherein you follow a specific flight's teachings in your original form, and then are risen as a Drakonid at the end. With the dragons' history of helping the world, they'd be easy to make as a neutral race, and I think it'd be fairly easy to come up with some interesting specs for them as well, likely filling at least two, if not three or four, even, roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    While I agree it's unlikely we'll ever see them as playable (they're very much a "slay en masse" sort of race) this argument really holds little water. After all, the original Goblins all used the Dwarven skeletons, and we can see how that turned out for them. If Blizz (or the players) want something bad enough, they'll do it.

I would prefer either Naga or Drakonids, with a preference for Drakonids probably. Naga have been twisted and brainwashed for millenia now, following either Azshara or the Old Gods (both I guess) with nothing really able to bring them back. At this point they're probably a lot like the Scourge, seeing their curse as more of a blessing and despising any "lesser races." No amount of "but they used to be Elves!" is bringing them back, I fear.
    Drakonids though, I think they have some potential. There's very little lore about them, but that just means there's more for Blizzard to work with. From what I've read I don't think they're really born so much as humanoids that go through some sort of ascendence, so I could see a starting zone wherein you follow a specific flight's teachings in your original form, and then are risen as a Drakonid at the end. With the dragons' history of helping the world, they'd be easy to make as a neutral race, and I think it'd be fairly easy to come up with some interesting specs for them as well, likely filling at least two, if not three or four, even, roles.
    One of Lady Vashj quotes is "We are the Highborne..." that shows that naga haven't really forgotten where they came from and like other Highborne chose to be blood elves or neutral (dire maul ones) maybe naga can still have their opinion and not all of them be bad and mind washed.

i want charmander to be playable

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    I kinda wish there was a more traditional kobold in game, a reptilian around the height of a dwarf, maybe a little higher in this setting, maybe as tall as a human's shoulder.
    Not the Dog-faced fairies from Germany that just swapped out useful ores for useless ones?

(They get their name from the ore Cobalt)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    One of Lady Vashj quotes is "We are the Highborne..." that shows that naga haven't really forgotten where they came from and like other Highborne chose to be blood elves or neutral (dire maul ones) maybe naga can still have their opinion and not all of them be bad and mind washed.
    Yes, but Lady Vashj wasn't exactly a bucket of sunshine, now was she?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Naga of course.

Deleted
    Argonians... ups sorry wrong universe, Naga then

We almost had saurok in the horde

God damn you vol'jin god damn you

Deleted
    Saurok it is then, Murlocs and Naga are sadly more fishy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It almost seems completely apparent from the polling that everyone would play something different. This is most likely the reason why Blizz has never introduced a reptillian race. If they brought in Naga, Dragonflight fans would QQ. If it was Saurok, then the Naga fans would QQ. They just can't win unless they never introduce a reptile race.

Crash Kunark into Azeroth, let Iksar choose faction like pandarens and then just ride that smooth money train to the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked the Naga, but I don't view them as 'reptilian.' The other races, I just don't see them as being playable. I'd have to go with something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I want my playable Naga all ready >_<. The Saurok are cool though and I like them, but I like Naga more as there snakes. and there lore I feel dragonkin race would not work out, What flight would they be-from?

The problem with the naga is that they aint humanoid enough for blizz to make armour look good on them

For example how can you fit a pair of boots on a Naga?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The problem with the naga is that they aint humanoid enough for blizz to make armour look good on them

For example how can you fit a pair of boots on a Naga?
    There is all ways one of these people on somthing to do with naga *sighs*. I am not going to link any thing, but its been answer just trust me.