View Poll Results: If Demon Hunters are implemented, what kind of class would they be?

Voters
141. This poll is closed
  • Like the WC3 hero and DPS melee only

47 33.33%
  • Like the Diablo 3 class

12 8.51%
  • A combination of WC3 and Diablo 3

31 21.99%
  • Something different than WC3 and D3 versions

21 14.89%
  • I have no idea!

30 21.28%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How could a Demon Hunter class work in WoW?

This thread is similar in tone to my thread about Bards. I'm really wondering how a Demon Hunter class could work in modern WoW. Years ago during the TBC, there was a solid opening for the class to be implemented, but it didn't happen. Now we have Warlocks with Metamorphosis and Immolation aura, and we have Rogues with a DW playstyle that gives them some "magical" abilities for AoE damage, and Evasion to increase their survivability. So implementing a Demon Hunter class would now be harder than ever.

Recently, Ghost Crawler put up a tweet. Someone asked him if Demon Hunters were possible in the game. This was his response;

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Crawler
    Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    Is there? Let's hear your ideas. The challenge is to come up with a Demon Hunter class that doesn't impede on current classes in the game. Given the sheer amount of posts about this class in nearly every thread regarding future classes and expansions, I'm sure there's some good ideas out there.

Also this thread isn't about whether or not Demon Hunters will be in WoW. This is about how the class could be implemented into the game without overtly clashing with current classes.

Oh, and feel free to participate in the poll.

Dark Ranger would be a good substitute imo.

Deleted
    He was clear. There wont be a demon hunter class.

Now about a bard or tinker though... those would work perfectly and will probably be implemented.

Looking forward a tinker especially.

Mail , ranged dps class based on eng+ turrets.

It would be like the W3 Demon Hunter, you know the game the WoW universe is built around and already has DH like this in game just not playable.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Not sure its needed really, just more stuff to balance its not like it bring something new. I would prefer more fresh and now stuff.

Haven't voted as none of those apply to my views.

Deleted
    Melee caster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers would make incredible sense. We've got the Burning Legion on they're way, and from what we've seen, their engineers and machinations are incredible. So I'd expect them to be flying to us on space ships, or at least some space ships. We've got the Draenei, Goblins, and Gnomes. All 3 races thriving on engineering. Its only a matter of time. Dunno about bard though, guess I'll have to read your Bard thread tomorrow.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Much like a DK with a bit of warlock mixed in.
    Basically those 2 classes got everything a demon hunter would be covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Tinkers would make incredible sense. We've got the Burning Legion on they're way, and from what we've seen, their engineers and machinations are incredible. So I'd expect them to be flying to us on space ships, or at least some space ships. We've got the Draenei, Goblins, and Gnomes. All 3 races thriving on engineering. Its only a matter of time. Dunno about bard though, guess I'll have to read your Bard thread tomorrow.
    I'm also more inclined to believe Tinkers would be the next class. However, there's a LOT of posters who think Demon Hunters are the next class. I'm really wondering what type of class they're envisioning.

Deleted
    They can easily make a Demon hunter class - with a tank spec (shields etc ...) - a DPS spec, and another DPS spec based on assisting healers by draining souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    They can easily make a Demon hunter class - with a tank spec (shields etc ...) - a DPS spec, and another DPS spec based on assisting healers by draining souls.
    That seems pretty far off the main concept of what a Demon Hunter is. Especially the tank spec with a shield.

Why can't people let it go that Demon hunter will never come about? The ghostcrawler response was rhetorical in that it won't happen.

The problem is it would almost require the next class to be a mail because plate/cloth/leather are shared by so many classes. Also we have a huge amount of different classes to now balance.

We have 5 tanks, 3 plate w/str, 2 leather w/agi.
    5* healers all using int, 1 cloth*(although 2 specs), 2 leather, 1 mail, 1 plate.
    7 MDPS, 3 leather w/agi, 1 mail w/agi, 3 plate w/str.
    6 RDPS all using int except hunter, 3 cloth, 1 leather, 2 mail

Forcing the new class to be Mail would logical but Agi dps already has 4 others, only 3 are str, but that's a plate only item it seems. Unless they could somehow many this new class use int/plate for 1 spec, then int/mail for another, what would that 3rd spec use?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That seems pretty far off the main concept of what a Demon Hunter is. Especially the tank spec with a shield.
    I'm not talking about that kind of shield, but about a magic shield (Frost mage's bubble for exemple).
    Also, Illidan is able to draw souls, he's also able to pop elementals & shadowfiends.
    Demonhunter are also able to manaburn.

Demon Hunter is actually the classe who have the most chances of entering the game, but honestly, i think that blizzard wont ever add a new class into the game.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-18 at 06:54 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spec 1: Tank. Uses dodge and metamorphosis.

Spec 2: Melee DPS. Plays like the non-metamorph WC3 DH.

Spec 3: Ranged DPS. Plays like the D3 DH or a Dark Ranger.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about that kind of shield, but about a magic shield (Frost mage's bubble for exemple)
    Well that's a lot like Monk tanking. Monks are agility leather tanks that use Guard to offset physical damage.

Could you explain how Demon Hunter tanking would be different?

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Spec 1: Tank. Uses dodge and metamorphosis.

Spec 2: Melee DPS. Plays like the non-metamorph WC3 DH.

Spec 3: Ranged DPS. Plays like the D3 DH or a Dark Ranger.
    Is there any class in WoW that has a spec that uses a weapon that the other two specs can't use? In other words, if one DH spec can use crossbows or guns, why couldn't the other specs? Just doesn't make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well that's a lot like Monk tanking. Monks are agility leather tanks that use Guard to offset physical damage.

Could you explain how Demon Hunter tanking would be different?
    Don't know i never played a monk and i (re)started to play the game since about one month

As far as I can imagine, it wouldn't work. Between Hunters & Death Knights we've got the general theme covered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    As far as I can imagine, it wouldn't work. Between Hunters & Death Knights we've got the general theme covered.
    Rofl.
    Theses classes havn't any resemblance.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-18 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know i never played a monk and i (re)started to play the game since about one month
    That's cool. Brewmasters are agility-based tanks that use the following tools to avoid and/or absorb damage;

Guard: Absorbs physical damage for up to 30 seconds. Can be glyphed to absorb magical damage.
    Elusive Brew: Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 30% for up to 15 seconds.
    Stagger: You take 80% of damage. The remaining 20% is divided over 10 seconds. You can abolish that damage with purifying brew.

These aren't all of their tools, but these would be the main ones for our purposes in this discussion.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 07:42 PM ----------

Rofl.
    Theses class havn't any resemblance.
    I think its more for people who are trying to put the D3 version of the Demon Hunter in the game instead of the WC3 version.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-02-18 at 07:46 PM.

Oh look, another Teriz thread where the only valid arguments are the ones he makes and the ones that he agrees with.

Should be fun.