Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More bots coming in 5.2

There isn't any new catchup mechanism in 5.2, and justice points are going to be completely useless.

So the best item that fresh 90 could get is (other than LFR which is once a week and valor with really small cap) new malevolent gear which is 476, far superior compared to heroic items or justice items, and has unlimited caps per week.

So basically PVP has become best catch up way for casuals, so expect to see tons of bots in next patch.

It's back to TBC where people grinded PVP gear to PVE

The only problem with that is the new pvp gear isnt high enough ilvl to get you into the new lfr. So grinding the pvp gear is pointless.

Pvp power does nothing for you in pve either, so having all that pvp gear wouldn't help you get into any raids to further catch up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dgreen View Post
    The only problem with that is the new pvp gear isnt high enough ilvl to get you into the new lfr. So grinding the pvp gear is pointless.
    Well, it gets you an average of 26 itemlevels further than the starter crafted/quest gear (450 blues). Add in three shieldwall (496) items and you will be at 480 for the new LFR. (There's talk of new valor gear for non-raiders - that might get you there even faster.) It's a very tempting route - I think I'd take it, if I were a late comer.

Pvp power does nothing for you in pve either
    And it takes nothing away from the ilevel budget either. PvP gear is fine now for PvE, there should be no stigma.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to catchup is to do the new Isle of Thunder dailies. Which themselves will probably require you to do the DO/OWS dailies for their gear.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Well, it gets you an average of 26 itemlevels further than the starter crafted/quest gear (450 blues). Add in three shieldwall (496) items and you will be at 480 for the new LFR. (There's talk of new valor gear for non-raiders - that might get you there even faster.) It's a very tempting route - I think I'd take it, if I were a late comer.

And it takes nothing away from the ilevel budget either. PvP gear is fine now for PvE, there should be no stigma.
    If PvE has +500 agi and PvP has +300 agi/+200 PvPP then the PvE gear is better. If anything this is closer to Wrath where people that raided in PvP gear were seen as noobs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So basically PVP has become best catch up way for casuals, so expect to see tons of bots in next patch.
    You seem to assume casuals use bots to catch up. That's a weird assumption. People who are so casual that they need to catch up, don't care about catching up. They will just keep doing what they are doing now, playing how they like and perhaps slowly catching up by doing some LFR and stuff. They don't all suddenly run into PvP and bot...

Looking forward to botting

1. Bot
    2. Get gear and save time
    3. ???
    4. Profit(No ban)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If PvE has +500 agi and PvP has +300 agi/+200 PvPP then the PvE gear is better. If anything this is closer to Wrath where people that raided in PvP gear were seen as noobs.
    How did you get that weird thought into your head that PvPP is deducing other stats from armor? It is not! PvP armor has a lower ilevel because PvPPower is a completly free stat that doesn't cost you anything. Both Defense and Power simply don't matter, the only important thing is the ilevel now.

Man this is why I hate PvE people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Man this is why I hate ignorant PvE people...
    fixed that for you
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How did you get that weird thought into your head that PvPP is deducing other stats from armor? It is not! PvP armor has a lower ilevel because PvPPower is a completly free stat that doesn't cost you anything. Both Defense and Power simply don't matter, the only important thing is the ilevel now.

Man this is why I hate PvE people...
    PvP power is free, yes. It also does not kick in outside of Arenas and BGs.

It provides no iLevel boost, and if it did it would be even worse to use.

Simply put, PvP gear is not optimal in slot let alone best in slot for PvE. It's fine if you need a boost to get into the next daily hub, it's not fine for raiding. You will not see more BG bots looking to farm the new PvP gear for PvE. You're more likely to find bots farming 5.1 dailies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Too bad that isn't the case. Let's look at the stat weight on a 476 5.2 PvP neck and compare it to a 476 MSV LFR neck.

Malevolent Gladiator's Choker of Accuracy
    Season 13
    Item Level 476
    Upgrade Level: 0/1
    Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +566 Strength
    +849 Stamina
    +405 Hit (1.19% at L90)
    +331 Haste (0.78% at L90)
    +299 PvP Power (1.13% at L90)
    +299 PvP Resilience (0.96% at L90)
    Soulgrasp Choker
    Raid Finder
    Item Level 476
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Neck
    +566 Strength
    +849 Stamina
    +359 Hit (1.06% @ L90)
    +388 Haste (0.91% @ L90)
    Same stat weights for non-PvP stats on both items. The new PvP gear will be as useful as the 476 LFR MSV gear for PvE purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post

There doesn't need to be a stigma I've been raiding since vanilla and geared multiple toons for entry level raiding via pvp gear on several occasions
    (not all of them every time but I have done it)

I found pvp more fun than sitting in Que for heroic's therefor I used that method.
    The way I see it is gear from both heroics and pvp should be equal and require roughly the same time commitment, both will get you in the raid and both are equally shitty in comparison to the gear that drops within the raid.

Furthermore I see anyone who does not partake/put effort into mastering both pvp/pve as an inferior player in comparison to anyone who does.
    I also see 5m as inferior raids so I ignore them in favor of pvp because nothing trumps fighting a live person regardless of the reward given.

(Oh btw) I consider entry level to be the current tier, previous tiers are obsolete, especially on alts.
    You might feel different but you probably do not try to develop several raidworthy toons every expansion either.
    Last edited by skrump; 2013-02-18 at 07:01 PM.

Indeed motivation to bot will go up. I've kinda given up on random BGs in MoP anyways.

i dislike pvp too much to do any of it for any sort of gear everr.

Deleted
    PvP power is free, yes. It also does not kick in outside of Arenas and BGs.

It provides no iLevel boost, and if it did it would be even worse to use.

Simply put, PvP gear is not optimal in slot let alone best in slot for PvE. It's fine if you need a boost to get into the next daily hub, it's not fine for raiding. You will not see more BG bots looking to farm the new PvP gear for PvE. You're more likely to find bots farming 5.1 dailies.
    PvE and PvP items of the same ilevel have the exact same stats. So PvPP does not matter when doing PvP. PvP items aren't worse if they are of similar quality but only if they are lower ilevel and the same holds true for PvE items if they have a lower ilevel. So the current PvP pieces especially if upgraded (epic ones) are superior to most LFR stuff.

Casuals don't bot :x Probably don't even know what a bot is.

I think this will actually reduce the density of bots in BGs.

Casuals will flood back into BGs, which will make it a nicer environment for other casuals. We might even see people getting duplicate copies of the honor gear, so they can gem/enchant them differently for PvE and PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with your comparison: In MoP, that +200 PvP power isn't coming off the ilvl budget anymore. That budget is entirely spent on basically PVE stats. Your one-for-one PVP sets will be a lower item level to compensate compared to their PVE equivalents as they're released, but ilvl 476 PvP gear is now functionally the same as ilvl 476 PVE gear... Just missing the PVP power.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I think this will actually reduce the density of bots in BGs.

Casuals will flood back into BGs, which will make it a nicer environment for other casuals. We might even see people getting duplicate copies of the honor gear, so they can gem/enchant them differently for PvE and PvP.
    Yes, yes, nicer environment. I really hope these people come back and fight me in fair and straight competition. :>

If Blizzard want to reduce the number of bots they should try shutdown first honorbuddy website-services and servers, im sure 90% of the bots use this botprogram... but im sure its really a hard way to go with this issue to the court and takes much time...

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Problem with your comparison: In MoP, that +200 PvP power isn't coming off the ilvl budget anymore. That budget is entirely spent on basically PVE stats. Your one-for-one PVP sets will be a lower item level to compensate compared to their PVE equivalents as they're released, but ilvl 476 PvP gear is now functionally the same as ilvl 476 PVE gear... Just missing the PVP power.
    They've said that LFR drops from bosses and coins are being signifigantly increased for current raids once 5.2 comes out. For this reason I don't think PVP botting is going to be increased for 5.2.