Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tetris beat out Skyrim, Deus Ex: HR and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
    Oblivion wasn't even on the list. Worst list I have ever seen

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't find MGS1, FF7 :x

Bad list in my opinion.
    Character(s): Velestra || Guild(s): Untotenschutzverein - MM || Sig by Lorfine

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Are you on some sort of allergy medication? WOW surpassing the status of video game? That is insanity at its finest, WoW is a game and nothing else. Activision-Blizzard is far more incredible than WoW will ever be; their manipulation of the finer points in big business is impressive to say the least, as the company essentially single handedly brought MMO's into the same realm as shooters and whatnot; whether that is a good or a bad thing, is based upon the individual.

But if you want to play a real genre defining game, spend less time sniffing the farts of Activision-Blizzard employees and jerking to quarterly reports, and go play something like Ultima Online (the original) or DAoC. WoW is good for nothing but being a mainstream focal point, not quality experiences that truly define what a real MMO is.

It is akin to playing Call of Duty and claiming it to embody what makes a good shooter, nay, an art form. Successful? Maybe so, but there are far better examples of quality out there.
    WOW is a cult. The games you name never made it to that status, not in numbers, not in society, not in economical value (positive or negative), not in bringing households or careers down.

The fact you constantly invest your precious (and believe me VERY little) time left on this earth to constantly trash talk it ... speaks volumes.

WoW has earned the spot, after 8 years of bringing people together from all over the world for brutal combat. Friends have been made, enemies have been made, careers have been made, lives have changed. But over all of this, memories have been made. I cannot think of any other game that has accomplished this. WoW is in the history books and is the "thing" that all current and future game developers will strive to create. Without a doubt one, if not the greatest game of all time.

Wise words in mostly filth filled forums.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-19 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    WOW is a cult. The games you name never made it to that status, not in numbers, not in society, not in economical value (positive or negative), not in bringing households or carreers down.

The fact you constantly invest your precious (and believe me VERY little) time left on this earth to constantly trash talk it ... speaks volumes.

WoW has earned the spot, after 8 years of bringing people together from all over the world for brutal combat. Friends have been made, enemies have been made, careers have been made, lives have changed. But over all of this, memories have been made. I cannot think of any other game that has accomplished this. WoW is in the history books and is the "thing" that all current and future game developers will strive to create. Without a doubt one, if not the greatest game of all time.

Wise words in mostly filth filled forums.
    Totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    These lists are entirely opinion based on who creates them.

I don't find this list close to my opinion (I actually think the list sucks), but I do rate WoW as one of the top games made.

The only reason you found this forum is because of WoW (or at least it should be) and the only reason it exists.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-02-19 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    I like X and X isn't on that list, therefore that list is wrong!

What I like is what everyone likes, because I fail to understand 'like' is a subjective word.

Here's a list of games from around the last 5 years, because in my limited experience these are all that matter and not the games that inspired them or helped to lay the foundations for the games industry as we know it or even the games that broke new ground when it comes to the "experience" of gaming, I'm all about the polished rehashes that aren't on the list.

How close am I to most of the replies in here?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF6 & 10 are realy good games but compared to 7 the just suck a bit.

Not close enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Portal as #1? Lolz!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.filibustercartoons.com/games.htm

They agree that they do not agree :P

Surprised there's no place for Baldur's Gate II in top 100.

Potrtal ahahah, looks like steam's also in on the whole bribing reviewers and websites thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Really? So the materia system had nothing to do with how amazingly awesome the game was?

FF7 not in the top 10 basically junks the entire thing.
    You mean the system you could game to basically destroy any enemy in one turn? Yeah. The Jobs system, or even the unlock system that other FF used, feels so much more rewarding than simply equipping KotR into your slotted weapon.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Portal was great and unique, but it's not enough the be #1, also why is Wind Waker there but Ocarina of Time isn't? WW was 75% sailing which got reeeaaalllyy tedious.

You know, I see a few valid reasons posted here as to why Portal deserves the #1 spot (and I can't say I disagree with that), but I don't see any reasons other than "lol" as to why it doesn't.

If I had to fault the game at all, it would be it's short length. Beyond that, as DemoBytom posted a page back, it's a blend of genre's that is pulled off in magnificent fashion.

The list actually isn't bad. I just don't agree with portal on 1. Also different taste.
    Last edited by Teabaker; 2013-02-19 at 01:46 PM.

Brutal Legend not number 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. List is totally invalid.

The problem is that too many of you guys live in your mom's basement. What about Madden(any of them), Tecmo Superbowl, Baseball Simulator 1.000, Metroid, Megaman, Zelda O.G., NFL 2k on the dreamcast, Contra, there are plenty more to list. Go outside and smell the fresh air.

15+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck is fallout 2 not in the top 10?

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Metroid FTW! I loved Metroid on NES, and SM was like that game but better in every single regard. Music, design, art (of course) and gameplay. I still play the game to this day.

Oh and for those of you in an uproar about this game or that game being on that top 10 list... its an opinion, which the author of the article is entitled to. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is the most warped and stupid list ever. it's not even from a source i've heard of....

if you want a more realistic one try searching for one on IGN.
    im not saying wow isnt good, it is, but portal and wind waker being top 10 and beating out ocarina of time and super mario? doubt it...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz