Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Because your first time is awkward and confusing.

I remember my first time and it had no special meaning, but i also remember other times that have had special meaning with great fondness.

It like sports, the first time you play you are generally bad but the first time you play in the finals of a tournement you never forget.
    It would only feel awkward if I wasn't completely comfortable around that person. If I am at the point were I'm considering marrying someone I couldn't feel awkward or uncomfortable around them if I tried. Besides, I have been intimate with people, I've just never actually gone as far as Sex.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    Because your first time is awkward and confusing.
    My first time was just plain out painful and terrible and I was nervous, not awkward or confusing. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    I haven't had sex yet. I've had plenty of opportunities to but I want it to mean something. It could very well happen when I get married.

So no, I don't see how wanting something as intimate and personal as sex to be special and meaningful is bad.
    I feel the same way. I think sex should always be meaningful, and always emotionally driven. But you don't have to wait to get married to accomplish that....and in fact I think after a while, it becomes less driven by emotions, hence our 50% 10 year divorce rate

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    But you don't have to wait to get married to accomplish that....
    I know, just with the way things are for me it could end up being like that. Probably not though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It would only feel awkward if I wasn't completely comfortable around that person.
    Peoples first times are awkward because they dont know each others rhythms resulting in two people flopping around on top of each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the better question would be: marrying without having sex yet, good or bad?

because the only answer to OP-question is: neither good or bad, just pointless... there is no value in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Peoples first times are awkward because they dont know each others rhythms resulting in two people flopping around on top of each other.
    This is both hilarious and very true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have sex with many people you want; make love to one.
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had sex yet. I've had plenty of opportunities to but I want it to mean something. It could very well happen when I get married.

So no, I don't see how wanting something as intimate and personal as sex to be special and meaningful is bad.
    I regret jumping at the first chance i had and losing my virginity at 14. I'm not proud of that fact, i wish I had waited a few more years at least. I didn't love the girl, I barely liked her, but we were dating, and it seemed like a good thing at the time. I guess with age comes wisdom; I'm certainly old, now if i can just get some of that wisdom i hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    What would be bad about it? Seems a big improvement over getting pregnant before marriage, then getting married to take care of the kid instead of any particular bond between the two individuals.
    that way, you're treating the child like a burden, like something that you HAVE to take care of. It becomes more of an obligation rather than a gift. If two people get married because of a special bond, then that means they will have a better relationship and not just being together because they have a child. A child is a gift because you have a great bond., and not an obligation to just keep you two together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Terrible idea to be honest for most couples sex is an important part of the relationship and lets be honest if sex is bad or awkward it can have a negative effect on the entire relationship

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Terrible idea to be honest for most couples sex is an important part of the relationship and lets be honest if sex is bad or awkward it can have a negative effect on the entire relationship
    How would you know the sex was bad if you had never had it before? I've heard this argument against waiting to have sex until marriage, but does it really make any sense? You're talking about two people who have had sex before and know better, not two people who have never had sex and discover it together.

I would but Pennsylvania isn't going to make same-sex marriage legal anytime soon sooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    And then once you get tired of the sex, which will happen. You have just lost a huge piece of what you founded your relationship on. And then you will either get divorced because of sex, which is stupid. or you will stay in a marriage you are miserable in because you based it on lust. People make sex out to be way more important than it should be imo.
    ....wow dude, I seriously don't want to know what your past/current relationships have been like, because I have never BASED a relationship on sex, nor have I ever gotten BORED with it. Dafuq, dude? I even stated in my post that you quoted that relationships certainly should not completely and totally revolve around sex. And then you go on to tell me that basing a relationship on lust is bad...erm, I pretty much just said that, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

You should want to be compatible sexually and emotionally with the person. At least my opinion

From a romantic or chivalrous point of view, I'm sure waiting is a good idea.

From a realistic / pragmatic / healthy point of view... it's a pretty bad one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Hmm. Wasn't really awkward for my first time. Wasn't as good as later attempts would be of course, but we communicated rather well and both quite enjoyed our first time. It was definitely a lot of fun, and only like a couple of minutes of awkward; worth it! Waited 3+ years, since I'm more "wait till you're ready" kinda guy. OT, doesn't have to be till marriage, though I generally hope it does happen before just to make sure we're sexually compatible. But I'm not the kind of guy to marry within the first 2 years of dating someone seriously, unless within those 2 years you've moved out with the person and lived with them to some extent... I'm not really in a rush :P

Just dance Oppa Gangnam style !

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-19 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    From a romantic or chivalrous point of view, I'm sure waiting is a good idea.

From a realistic / pragmatic / healthy point of view... it's a pretty bad one.
    25, never had intercourse. I feel perfectly fine.