How is Renekton right now?

Hey all, I noticed Renekton is coming up on the next sale and I have always enjoyed playing him when he is free. How is he currently in Season 3? I don't fight him very often but the few I have recently just haven't really been anything worth writing home about, but apparently he was a top pick for bans in a recent tourny.

How is Renekton currently? Is he pretty much strictly solotop?

Thanks!

I see a lot of people playing him in ranked successfully. He's a master of baiting (and surviving) enemy junglers and laning opponents into turret diving you.

Probably the biggest lane bully at top, considered one of the, if not the best top right now according to a lot of pro players.

he sucks, don't play him

Infracted. Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2013-02-19 at 06:36 PM.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Awesome early game, once you hit level 2 you can start pushing out in your lane. Quick movement with a stun is awesome. Also great farm. Makes for a very strong mid-game because you will have a big lead if your opponent isn't smart. Falls off a lot at end-game though, so you need to push hard mid-game to make up for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    he sucks, don't play him
    Oh-so-helpful
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Same as always, great front line who you cannot ignore due to a great ability to dive and lock down your adc as well as been able to do a great job protecting your own adc. He has always been strong, people only care now because pro's play him.

he is okay in arranged 5's, a good tanky frontline for your team, not that great solo que, cannot carry a entire team, garen is more tanky and can do damage.

Will be missed ~

If you can get 1-3 kills in lane vs your opponent you can be a real threat early to mid. The problem i always face however, is that when you reach late with renekton you don't do enough damage anymore.

You can play him mid/jungle/support also but he won't do anything others can't also do (better).

But yeah still a solid top laner, just make sure you use his strong early / mid to your advantage.
    Last edited by Lobstarrr; 2013-02-20 at 03:20 AM.

According to Maknoon, the best top laner in the world, Reneketon is top 3 for top lane
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    He can also be played as a support (I love Reneks/Mundos supports!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    He can also be played as a support (I love Reneks/Mundos supports!)
    I don't. Don't give people silly ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Oh-so-helpful
    Oh so whinny.

Was merely stating my opinion. I think he can be pretty strong early but if you don't get enough kills, you fall off really badly compared to some other top laners.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    He's VERY strong, and no, he does not fall off lategame, 'dis horsecrap.

Just finished a game where I ended 1/5 when lane-phase ended (seriously, fuck Elise) but ended the game as 9/5/6. I've just recently picked him up and am still learning his ropes and all, but he is very strong throughout the entire game.

He's ok. My beef with him is everyhting he does, Xin does better. But then, that's prob the case with most AD's now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Oh so whinny.

Was merely stating my opinion. I think he can be pretty strong early but if you don't get enough kills, you fall off really badly compared to some other top laners.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...iUdO8po#t=185s

When you build Renekton tanky (aka properly), there is no falling off. He gets to the back line effectively, can take a load of damage from the opposition, and has a 1.5 second stun.

He has few counters in lane...and being able to dash twice is a pretty good safety net against jungle ganks.

I'd go out on a limb and say he doesn't "suck." Granted, if I had to choose between completely mastering Olaf or Renekton...I'd probably go with Olaf.

edit: I wasn't whining about anything. Your post offered absolutely nothing and I called you out on it.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-02-20 at 06:41 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't. Don't give people silly ideas.
    Silly? But he really can. I've won many Mundo/Renek support games.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Silly? But he really can. I've won many Mundo/Renek support games.
    Nothing personal but I hope I won't have to play with you in a game

Those 2 offer hardly anything in lane (mundo has easily dodged cleavers and rene has good early game damage which can be avoided as well) compared to a "proper" support who has far more utility and doesn't need that much gold unlike those two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    mundo has easily dodged cleavers
    the hard part about dodging Mundo's cleavers is not at max range when he's using them to harass, it's when you can't veer left due to Jungler X with CC of doom running as fast as he can to you and Mundo's not at max range anymore.

for Mundo to deal tons of damage he essentially only needs a sunfire cape and voila, 135 magic aura damage per second + his enhanced autos + his cleavers... yea, it's gonna hurt. not enough to go "..." but enough for him to just be a meat wall of doom tanking everything going his adc's way.

that said he brings zero things to the table to boost your carry other than walking skillshot blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    According to Maknoon, the best top laner in the world, Reneketon is top 3 for top lane
    Renekton has a nuke stun and can stick artificially to targets with slice and dice, and even bait teams due to his ultimate. he goes in and forces someone to deal with him thus drawing attention away from the real damage dealers. his prime time in the game is when his brute damage from his abilities have not been outscaled by life steal or armor.

It really helps to think of him like Garen with a stun, good early game, great damage through abilities early game but unable to scale to "DAFUQ?"-damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    He falls off late game damage wise but by then you should be a tanky, dive happy anti-carry. His laning phase is one of the best, solid base stats, scales well early with little AD(a brutalizer is all you need during lane phase) and has a decent escape.

As stated, he can't carry. If you go all AD with thirster, LW and black cleaver you will not be tanky enough to get to the ADC and do any serious damage before getting blown up, even with ult.
    Even so, I love playing him top, he is hard to counter pick.

Edit- Also, he syncs up super well with a jungle shen and ori mid. You double dash in, shen ults you, ori ults on you, pop ult, cull the meek on everyone, stun adc, shen taunts all 5/how many you managed to catch, ???, gg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16