10+ Year Old Account

Workout question

Looking for a really good chest muscle workout.. Every time I workout I can never seem to get a chest burn going, I do push ups and wide ones and also some butterfly type thing but i can never get a feel in my chest. Anyone know some sure fire chest burning moves? Much appreciated

....no, just no.

What are you even trying to achieve with your workout anyway? Also - There's a board dedicated to this.

bench press.. if your not feeling the burn your not lifting heavy enough.
    chest is the easiest muscle to work out

If you're trying to avoid weights for some reason, I'd say decline pushups might be a good bet. Otherwise, a number chest/upper routine should do it just fine. If that's not causing any burn, crank up the weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not trying to avoid weights its just with 4 kids I cant afford a weight set up. :P All I have is some 25-30lb pair of barbells and some space and im trying to make the most out of it

Dumbbell flys. Really good chest workout. It is hard for me to get the "burn/soreness" in my chest workouts either. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/ That is a good place to look up exercises. You can select the equipment you have access to and see the workouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    Dumbbell flys. Really good chest workout. It is hard for me to get the "burn/soreness" in my chest workouts either. http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/ That is a good place to look up exercises. You can select the equipment you have access to and see the workouts.
    wow thnx alot

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chest flies, fool.

Set at eye level, set at shoulder level and a set at kind of belly button level. Get shredded like that cheese labeled 'fancy' at the grocery store.

EDIT: TIG BITTIES FUCK BITCHES

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Sigh...

1) having a pump/burn/or doms is not indicative of a good chest workout. Soreness is a sign that you have done eccentric lifting or lifting with a muscle that hasnt been utilized for awhile. It is virtually impossible to get sore doing power lifting even though you are utilizing the muscles just as much as in strength lifting simply because you do not have a strong negative workout.
    2) barbell bench press is one of the worst exercises out there for you since proper form requires that you prevent shoulder protraction which can lead to muscular imbalances. Switch to db bench press and preferably incline DB bench press.

If you want soreness and that is all you care about, do pushups but do it so it takes you 10 seconds to go up and 10 seconds to go down. That should absolutely kill your chest without doing anything for you for strength.