Thread: 5.2 soon :)

5.2 soon :)

So, 5.2 is right around the corner, just wanted to know what you guys had in mind to do first, whether it be a way to farm gold fast, vanity, pvp, dailies etc.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming I'm geared enough, I'll be going right to Isle of da' Thunda' King.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

2+ weeks isn't that soon

isn't it supposed to be released on 26th feb?
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Daily Quests, LFR, Raid - usual schedule on patch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    nope, first week of march, so wednesday in eu and tuesday in us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats what GC said on twitter as far as I know.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    They since then said they would tell us the end of the PvP Season two weeks in advance. And the season usually ends right with the patch. So at the very least we have two weeks at any given point still they inform us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    Thats what GC said on twitter as far as I know.
    Fairly sure it was some other Blizzard guy, maybe Bashiok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start the damn dailies for sure, gotta do them all! At least I no longer need to do the current ones, so it's not going to be that bad.
    And I will farm my ass off until I get the warlock quest item, drops from mobs at the new daily hub apparently.

Then I will gear up some more, and wait for LFR. Meanwhile I should PvP some, as I do want the new warlock PvP set.

Oh nearly forgot, farm those elites that can drop dinosaur mounts.
    Otherwise it's not much more to do for me really, will maybe start leveling some more alts again. It's just that I find pandaria so slow and boring already.

Patch was "last week of feb as their goal" MMO-C was the one to say the 26th. Which GC then said 6 days ago "If you have 0 valor(this was on tuesday of this week) you can hit 3k before 5.2 is released" Meaning the patch is March 5th. Bashiok also said they patch will have the 2 week PvP warning which hasn't come and if it doesn't come on or before tuesday(tomorrow) it will be pushed back to the 12th.

Go to the isle, start the daily hub, do the first solo scenario, que for the first LFR, then wait until raid time

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what there is to do on the first day. But probably rage about addons like always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its suppose to release next week, People think its suppose to be March 6th cause Bashiok said you could still capp your valor in-time. I still think it will be next week as Valor doesn't convert in 5.2 so people can still capp it out the week 5.2 is released.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

2 week arena season notice will come before patch EVERYTIME

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Its suppose to release next week, People think its suppose to be March 6th cause Bashiok said you could still capp your valor in-time. I still think it will be next week as Valor doesn't convert in 5.2 so people can still capp it out the week 5.2 is released.
    He said we can cap before the patch is released, though, so your logic doesn't hold.

That was their first statement, but they then made another statement that pushed it a bit further, so far I don't think we will see it before 5th/6th March.

I'm going to argue on MMO about the release date.

Pretty sure with the way LFR's condition was in...its not next week. I wouldn't be suprised to say the week after, but the second week of march is a really bad idea for it. Since if I remember right is heart of the swarms release date? Just a bad day to do 5.2

So it'd have to be the first week or third week of march.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon as I heard of the Taste for Blood change and the other changes to warriors, I knew I'd be leveling (done) and playing a F2P 20 twink warrior, lol. They're terrible in the 20-24 bracket but now we get overpower that stacks to 5 charges with a 1 sec GCD, 60% crit, and can't be avoided (lowbie twinks have insane avoidance). We get a hugely buffed Slam with a new 20 rage cost down from 30, a lower cooldown on MS thanks to Overpower lowering it, a long duration snare on Warbringer in addition to the 3 sec stun (we currently have no cc or slows), and we'll be scaling to 24 since it's the 20-24 bracket (no more 2 shots from 24 twinks). I predict warriors will be dominating once 5.2 hits...now if only we got Deep Wounds at 20 (+100% dmg buff) XD.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't... According to a blue post on 13 Feb if you have zero valor then you'll have plenty of time to get to 3000 valor before the patch.... So, given that, the earliest you could valor cap would be the 27th, and since they dont patch on Wednesdays, the next tuesday (the 5th of March) would be the earliest they'd patch.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I greatly anticipate this patch!

Depending on the instance, it might be the best patch ever.

Also looking forwards to the cinematic, should they do one. I am hoping it's nice and full of talky, not like that BS Dragon Soul one.