Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spending a crap load of money on a toon, only to bench it

Anyone else do this?

I guess its a sort of 'relief' char from your main. A FOTM if you want.

'I'm changing mains'

Spend X amount, get bored within a few days.

Your 100k toon becomes nothing more than an xmute fairy.

I only spend gold in my main.

I don't know about benching it...I would never do this.

But this is the reason I don't waste time or gold gearing up my 10 alts until the last patch of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope, dont see the point

I refuse to spend a crap load of money on my main, much less an alt. Several people I know have the habit, though.

I did this once massive buyers remorse afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I did this once massive buyers remorse afterwards.
    Yeah, touché :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Anyone else do this?

'I'm changing mains'

Oh god. Yes, I do this a lot. In addition to that, I am extremely OCD about having alts that I don't play/gear up, so I end deleting my transmute fairies in the end.

Yes I have done that plenty of times. That sinking feeling when you realize you made a mistake.. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I end deleting my transmute fairies in the end.
    I have lit a candle for your loss.

I'm one of those game players that will never use a potion, even while dying, just in case I need it later. That being said, you can imagine how I feel about spending in game gold.

I've single clicked to buy 100 items before instead of buying five 20 stacks of the same item to save about 10G total. I've gone and farmed for items I wanted instead of bought them, even though I could have easily done so while sitting on a huge stack of cash. I loan my alts money that they pay back to my other alts instead of just accepting that it was all my money anyway.

So, nope, can't say I have a lot of money invested into any of my toons to just sit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I'm one of those game players that will never use a potion, even while dying, just in case I need it later.
    This is brilliant.

only on mounts(some of them not that stupid rockets) and proffesions that i dont have
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

What can you spend 100k on? Flying training totals out at around 15k. You'd really have to buy full BoE epics with dual-wield Sha crystal enchants to spend 100k.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

100K gold nowdays is a wash seriously, buying 1K mount in classic took more efforts then accumulating 100Kg now. All my alts have maxed professions, maxed flying and i tend to sink gold into them almost every patch for the sake of changing pace from my main (or rerolling - i'm getting bored from same class way too fast lately). What does it matter if you still got some entertaiment from it.

I don't play much. Perhaps a total of 2 evenings (just like 2 hours max) and a saturday afternoon. I know that if I do all the dailies I can easily gain 1k per day. Last week I had like 17k gold and then lost 9k due to getting my offspec a legendary gem. And now I am climbing again. I don't do all the dailies anymore. That sickened me. So at the moment I only do the ones that require reputation still or I like to do cause they are "fun". Also old raids give me a lot of cash too. Just selling epics is pretty nice. Not gamebreaking but nice while you are searching for that one piece of your transmog set.

Usually I spend about 5k on an alt to max out his proffessions. And perhaps about 2k again for blue gear that is on AH, sometimes more.

So yeah I spend and keep spending. Lucky me, I don't have many alts.

Deleted
    I love my alts! But there's no way I'm going to spend that much gold on them when I have a main to tend to as well. Even when I thought I was going to main switch, I hesitated a bit - turned out to be a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    Anyone else do this?

'I'm changing mains'

u maybe should first think of why u spend money on wow ... because this game is a waste of time

I am a person that doesn't really raid, but one that just keeps lvling chars. Back in Cata I had a sum of 36 lvl 85's, and now I have about 10 90's I believe. I only ever spend gold that that particular character has earned by itself. Lucky me I guess. :P

Deleted
    Never really spent a crap load of gold on them just a lot of time leveling and gearing them to reroll something

My main Alt used to be a Druid tank during TBC to the point I ditched LW on him and maxed out JCing during Wrath but then shortly after started playing a warrior I made 6 years earlier and never got past lvl 20 and preceded to fall in love with warrior tanks

Then during Cata fancied a change and tried a shaman and lost my 7 year hatred of healing and now he's 1 of my 2 85+ characters althoiugh I've only been back to the game for a month since Cata so still plenty of time to lvl something else.... Dam those cool looking panda monks!!