Easiest Dread Wastes rares for 85 ele Shaman?

Hey guys,
    Twinking my ele shaman at 85 and need to farm dread wastes rare mobs for the chest, wondering if people have input as to what would be the easiest one to kill? Damage on the mob won't be a problem, but I definitely need to avoid ones with high damaging standard attacks. I figure a mogu rare, for example, which tends to have mediocre mele damage and then a 1-shot aoe that's easy to run out of would be the best option, but i could be completely off, have't killed most of the dread wastes rares.

Thanks for any advice!

problem with it is there are adds around the mogu ones

yeah and around a few others, iirc. pretty sure omnis grinlock spawns with some adds as well.

My experience with the rares was that they were all pretty ok as long as you knew to use interrupts and move out of the aoe spots. I agree the tricky part will be the adds most likely.

making an 85 twink hunter myself, currently farming Ski'think in kun-lai summit mountains. pretty simple to solo with having a pet to tank for me. currently first stop of the 3 rare drops i need to finish the MOP set of armor, will need to head to dread wastes for the chest as well sooner or later

From what I remember as an 85 disc priest, the pandaren was of course not doable without an interrupt and the only other hard one was the saurok with his pack of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    From what I remember as an 85 disc priest, the pandaren was of course not doable without an interrupt and the only other hard one was the saurok with his pack of adds.
    Really nice item to help soloing elites: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86580 Drops from eilte Jin'yu in the Valley of Four Winds.
    In case of Elemental shaman in gives you http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113288

possible easy rares:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50334
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50836 - be sure to root him
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50776
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50739

the pandaren, mogu, and saurok rares seem to be the most difficult for people, so i just listed the ones that weren't those :P
    Sig by Populaire

Deleted
    The Mogu are the easiest if you have half a brain to avoid their very obvious cone splash. The add that may spawn (sometimes he doesn't spawn any at all) shouldn't pose too much of a problem. It's going to take some time without Ascendance, but nothing you shouldn't be able to manage.B

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I definitely think that the pandaren monk will be the easiest, especially since you're elemental. The Spinning Crane Kick can be avoided extremely easily with ghost wolf (and even without, honestly; I don't use it for them), and you have a perfectly fast, ranged interrupt for the heal. Not to mention, she's one of the few that has 0 adds in the kiting area near her.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

If its a possibility try to find a friend to fly you around and kill them with you, myself and im sure im not the only one love killing rares just for the little bags alone, including all the fun little items.

That Jinyu guy is probably the easiest, just interrupt his Water Bolt and place Capacitator when he starts to cast Rain Dance.

Deleted
    I find the monkey rare to be pretty easy. There is no adds around him since he is in a cave, and as long as you sidestep the "bananarang" and run away from him when he "goes bananas" he only have weak melee attacks left.

15+ Year Old Account
    Krol the Blade if he's at one of his easier spawn points. There's 1 spawn that doesn't have any aggroing mobs next to him as long as you don't AoE (there are 2 spiders that will constantly respawn and run up the wall). Keep in mind that there are 3 potential spawns though, so you have to be lucky to get him at that one.

so i got my 3 rare drops for the various rares for my 85 twink hunter. farmed ski'thik in the mountains of kun-lai summit but after a kill i went and found korda torros which dropped the bracers i was after being 6th or 7th rare kill in the zone. then i rare my self to dread wastes where i checked on nalash verdantis in the lake of stars but when he wasnt up i move to the cave where ik-ik nimble spawns and i sat there. First kill of him dropped the chest i was after and was a bit difficult being he killed my pet once and i just insta rezzed him to finish the kill. then i had a buddy port me to valley of eternal blossoms when i ran back and forth between Yorik sharpeye and sahn tide hunter. when Yorik spawned i tried to solo him but he killed my pet way way to fast and i couldnt do it, but lucky for me another hunter landed and when he tagged they invited me for the kill. First kill dropped the cloak i was after. so with the boes baught and the rare drops aquired my 85 hunter sits at ilvl 441 (466 alch trinket and 471 arch trinket being biggest boosters).

good luck with your farming and dont give up, should be too hard to get what you are after if RNG is in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Also, it's important not to kite the pandaren. Their Chi Wave will destroy you, but they only cast it when you're not in melee range (for some time?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Also, it's important not to kite the pandaren. Their Chi Wave will destroy you, but they only cast it when you're not in melee range (for some time?).
    It's a distance thing. They won't Chi Burst unless you're quite a ways away. As long as you stay at a moderate distance, they'll keep chasing you indefinitely.

If you do happen to underestimate your distance and she starts Chi Bursting, go ahead and blow your interrupt, drop a capacitor totem, and hope the stun either lines up with the heal or keeps her stunned long enough for shear to come back off CD. Otherwise, it's not the end of the world if she heals to full. Just really annoying and time consuming.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-21 at 12:47 PM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |