Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation How long will Throne Of Thunder take?

Once again another question about Throne, this one completly opinion based. Before anyone goes off saying "I think the release date is" and all that crap, let's say for arguements sake it is released on the 26th (Whether or not it is or isn't who knows till it it's actually out)

On this day how long do you think it will take my guild. Heres a little info.

We are a 25 man raiding guild who prioritize Time vs Payoff value, thus meaning we aim to get the most of raiding in the short time we have. We raid 3 days a week 19:30 to 23:30 with a 10 min break (maybe some mini breaks 2/3 mins as a reward on good progress and time made in a raid) We usually don't waste alot of time comming back from a pull and are working towards making that time even shorter.

Our progress is 16 normals and 7 HCs in 6 weeks from when we officially set up our 25 man group (That has had recruitment and lost alot of people like 25 man guilds do) The 25 man kills before that somtimes did not include either a full raid group or alot of casuals from the guild/Bad players that we replaced early january. This ofc makes us be extremly over geared for starters.

All this being said, how long do you think it will take to clear assuming we have enough prep (raid leader doing PTR bosses first hand and knowing tacs)

How long will it take for your guild to do what? Clear Normal? If only your raid lead will know the boss fights and you're running 25m, I'd say 4 weeks.

I am going to have to disagree with MordorFires here. You have to remember that your gear level is slightly about what is expected since you have some heroic kills already. Its possible to clear normal in the first week or maybe something gives you trouble and its 2 weeks. After that it all comes down to how quickly you can execute the fights it will be a long tier for sure since you have to progress through every boss. What I mean by this is for this tier we would just skip MSV after we cleared it on heroic and if we worked on a fight in HoF we always were able to clear totes. Now if you want to progress on the 2nd boss on the instance prepare to cut it short to give time to clear the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    How long will it take for your guild to do what? Clear Normal? If only your raid lead will know the boss fights and you're running 25m, I'd say 4 weeks.
    4 weeks? That seems like a really long time. Consider that it took us 6 weeks to do 16 normals and 7 HC (7 of which most of us had never even fought before) From 0 players to 25. 10 hours solid raiding a week. Thats like, 1 boss every raid.

However the opinion is noted and I'm greatful for all opinions.

Given the amount of ground you've made in the time frame, i'd cast my vote for 1-2 weeks. Hope for 1, aim for 2.

If you go in there and try optimize everything as best as you can you'll probably do it within 1 week without too much trouble, maybe 2.
    Propose adding another raid day for the first week to your guild? People tend to be more accepting of this when a new raid tier is released.

Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    Once again another question about Throne, this one completly opinion based. Before anyone goes off saying "I think the release date is" and all that crap, let's say for arguements sake it is released on the 26th (Whether or not it is or isn't who knows till it it's actually out)

On this day how long do you think it will take my guild. Heres a little info.

We are a 25 man raiding guild who prioritize Time vs Payoff value, thus meaning we aim to get the most of raiding in the short time we have. We raid 3 days a week 19:30 to 23:30 with a 10 min break (maybe some mini breaks 2/3 mins as a reward on good progress and time made in a raid) We usually don't waste alot of time comming back from a pull and are working towards making that time even shorter.

Our progress is 16 normals and 7 HCs in 6 weeks from when we officially set up our 25 man group (That has had recruitment and lost alot of people like 25 man guilds do) The 25 man kills before that somtimes did not include either a full raid group or alot of casuals from the guild/Bad players that we replaced early january. This ofc makes us be extremly over geared for starters.

All this being said, how long do you think it will take to clear assuming we have enough prep (raid leader doing PTR bosses first hand and knowing tacs)
    You are not 'extremely overgeared' when you have only 7/16 hc killed.

4 weeks? That seems like a really long time. Consider that it took us 6 weeks to do 16 normals and 7 HC (7 of which most of us had never even fought before) From 0 players to 25. 10 hours solid raiding a week. Thats like, 1 boss every raid.

However the opinion is noted and I'm greatful for all opinions.
    Except that the gear required to start out with MSV heroics (which I assume is 4-5 of your heroic kills) was 460-470 item level. The gear required for next tier's NORMAL modes will be ~500 item level.

I'm assuming that the gear requirement will be 496. As that is full normal. In the past It was required to have old tier of full normal. And many of us have IL 505 which is almost 10 IL higher than what is needed. Some even upgraded. But all of this is completely off topic, I wasn't asking what IL was needed, or how much.

Ty for the other opinions that actuall helped my question. I was hoping for 1/2 weeks aswell myself. Considering adding a new raid day just for the first week. May have to clear up on 10 man (if it's still swapable????)

Deleted
    Ty for the other opinions that actuall helped my question. I was hoping for 1/2 weeks aswell myself. Considering adding a new raid day just for the first week. May have to clear up on 10 man (if it's still swapable????)
    If your raid isn't able to clear the instance on normal 25m, I doubt you'll be up for the task on 25m HC. However, it is still swapable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Except that the gear required to start out with MSV heroics (which I assume is 4-5 of your heroic kills) was 460-470 item level. The gear required for next tier's NORMAL modes will be ~500 item level.
    Next tier normal mode will not require even remotely close to 500. still, will require more than msv heroic modes yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Next tier normal mode will not require even remotely close to 500. still, will require more than msv heroic modes yes.
    How do you know, though. LFR gives 502 loot, they're nerfing T14 with 10% to make sure people can progress through it to gather gear (for T15), and on PTR, the "adjusted item level" buff has not ever given anyone below lvl 500 for the bosses. Unless they're overtuning them on purpose, and planning to cut 10-15% off of their dmg and health so ilvl 490-496 can do it, then they are tuned for atleast 500 :/.
    I might be wrong, but there's more evidence backing the "need to have done heroic modes from previous tier or alot of LFR from current"-argument, than there is "you just need to clear normal modes in T14".
    And obviously, some bosses will just be "loot pinatas", like always.

How do you know, though. LFR gives 502 loot, they're nerfing T14 with 10% to make sure people can progress through it to gather gear (for T15), and on PTR, the "adjusted item level" buff has not ever given anyone below lvl 500 for the bosses. Unless they're overtuning them on purpose, and planning to cut 10-15% off of their dmg and health so ilvl 490-496 can do it, then they are tuned for atleast 500 :/.
    I might be wrong, but there's more evidence backing the "need to have done heroic modes from previous tier or alot of LFR from current"-argument, than there is "you just need to clear normal modes in T14".
    And obviously, some bosses will just be "loot pinatas", like always.
    500? Why would the next tier normal modes require MORE gear than best in slot previous tier? Best is slot T14 is 496ilvl so I'd expect it to be tuned for 490-495. Blizzard must tune the normal modes with people that have 0 heroic kills in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know, though. LFR gives 502 loot
    But requires 486.

The same way you can clear Normal T14 with 470-480, you could be able to clear T15 with 486. I'd expect 486 minimum for T15N.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    500? Why would the next tier normal modes require MORE gear than best in slot previous tier? Best is slot T14 is 496ilvl so I'd expect it to be tuned for 490-495. Blizzard must tune the normal modes with people that have 0 heroic kills in mind.
    They already stated in one of their previous post that they would like to go back to a somewhat-TBC style of gearing, so that the previous tier does not become obsolete as soon as a new tier is released - which is why they decide not to downgrade the 489 gear you can get from VP, to JP, but rather let them cost less VP - you can still get upgrades at a relatively fast rate through the points, but you still have to work for it, and you're still capped at 1K a week.
    You can't compare the tiers progression right now with anything we have seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    If your raid isn't able to clear the instance on normal 25m, I doubt you'll be up for the task on 25m HC. However, it is still swapable.
    What are you talking about? I was tlaking about how long it will take to clear on normal 25 man. In terms of time/weeks. I know for a fact we are more than capable of clearing up on normal, it's just a case of how quick we can do it.

As for all this talk of Item Level, That's completly off topic but relativley interesting at the same time. The fact are as Keeyla stated. 496 is pre BiS normal gear, so blizzard making people have more IL than that to clear new tier would be a joke at best. Ofc they are not going to do that. Even though I'm sure that 5/6 bosses will be killable in IL 480 easily with the correct players.

Kaption, people are being silly.

The fact is you overgear the first half of the raid, and undergear the second half. Pretty much every item is valuable, and some of the trinkets are ridiculous. They have this gear in mind when tuning the last 3-4 encounters. Who knows which boss will be the gear check, but once you get past him expect to have to outplay the mechanics, pushing your limits, in order to progress. As of current you will still be able to downsize to 10 once your raid week is complete.

Thank you Gande for a seriouse answer, and yes I think we will downsize if we dont complete 25 in the first week.
    Last edited by kaption; 2013-02-19 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Double posted b

I'd guess their target is to keep the difficulty relative to the previous tier. The stronger heroic raiders will clear it all on normal on the first week, but I imagine most groups (even those with decent heroic progression in T14) will take some time to get through normal.

I suspect the earlier bosses will generally be easier and require less gear; the later bosses will be tuned with the expectation of the raid having some 522 gear in the mix. Groups that haven't cleared normal in T14 will struggle in early T15 and probably have to farm T14 some more.

If you've only been clearing heroics for 6 weeks and are only 7/16, that's not a lot of heroic gear so I wouldn't think you'll massively outgear normal Throne.

Also, any gear check bosses with tight enrages will be particularly unforgiving (maybe I'm wrong though and those'll only bust people's balls on heroic). People who came into heroic T14 progression late in the game got a skewed picture of how difficult certain bosses were because they had much higher ilvls than the cutting edge guilds did when they downed the same content. I know our group 1 shot heroic Gara'jal, but if we had gone there with the gear a lot of raids first downed it with, it would have been much tougher. Likewise, there could be some later bosses that force some groups to farm some more content before they're able to make the hurdle.

Given your brief description, I think strangers making a prediction of how long it will take for your group to clear a raid on normal that's final numbers have yet to be set in stone is unlikely to turn up quality predictions (other than lucky guesses). That all said, given my expectations of the raid and what little I have to go on with your guild, I think you should be happy if you clear it in two weeks. [Ofc, if it's tuned more like Terrace was and less like HoF, 2 weeks should be more doable.]

Deleted
    i think it will take quite a few weeks, a lot of bosses and a secret boss, could take a while