Thread: Is this a joke?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is this a joke?

What is the reason for this

Frost
    Frostbolt now deals 52% more damage,

it already critted 80k ?!

ROAR critting 80k on a 400k target what a bummer!

Deleted
    wohoo, 80k from a cast you can interrupt and whatever.....read the entire thing, Cpt.Moron, really. The Frostbolt did more dmg over time, because every cast did a debuff on the target, which is gone.

Infracted. Don't flame
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-19 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    wohoo, 80k from a cast you can interrupt and whatever.....read the entire thing, Cpt.Moron, really. The Frostbolt did more dmg over time, because every cast did a debuff on the target, which is gone.
    No point calling him that shit dude. Chill.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

The debuff stacked up to 15%.

They're not buffing it by 52% just for the lack of the debuff.

changes on the PTR are just changes on the PTR where things are being tested for numbers and are not conclusive to the final package for Real realms. Complain when something you dont like hits live or when a final list appears for live.

mixed with 70k lances
    100k bombs
    80k frostfires

ye man totally fair.

At least Frost Mages might have to expose their cast bar for once.

<- Fire Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    mixed with 70k lances
    100k bombs
    80k frostfires

ye man totally fair.

Is this supposed to be OP? Feels like people like picking on mages for old times sake nowadays.

Deleted
    OHHH YESSS.... frost mages are SOOOOOOo up lets buff them...

OT: The buff was needed tho

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Is this supposed to be OP? Feels like people like picking on mages for old times sake nowadays.
    How is this not OP if i may ask?

It's ridiculous how biased you mages actually are... Yes the Frostbolt alone might've dealt a certain amount of damage, however that it's completely irrelevant because you're pressure outside CC consists of burst. Time a shatter togather with the detonation of a frost bomb and your target will definitely be under 50 %. Follow that with Ice Lance procs and they're done.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zahadem View Post
    OHHH YESSS.... frost mages are SOOOOOOo up lets buff them...

OT: The buff was needed tho
    Yet another reasonable argument I see.

Mages dont need dmg buff, and thats exactly what they have gotten in PTR... Mages have been dumbed down severely... Id like to see mages(and yeah basically all casters) to get cast time again.
    Obviously that would mean that melee/hunters would get less mobility or ways of interrupting.

THE AMOUNT OF DMG THAT CAN BE DONE WITH frostbolt + bomb + frostfire + orb + lance, is just shittwrecked...
    I recall blizz saying this pre mop launch...
    "We are gonna supersize hp, and nerf dmg / healing, so it will be a longer struggle to get someone down"
    Mop comes ---> "J/K WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING, SO EHM THERRRR YOU GO, 1 MONTH PVP BETA TEST, AND WE THINK ITS FINE LIKE DIIIIS".

Cant belive anyone thinks mop is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Mages dont need dmg buff, and thats exactly what they have gotten in PTR... Mages have been dumbed down severely... Id like to see mages(and yeah basically all casters) to get cast time again.
    THE AMOUNT OF DMG THAT CAN BE DONE WITH frostbolt + bomb + frostfire + orb + lance, is just shittwrecked...
    I recall blizz saying this pre mop launch...
    "We are gonna supersize hp, and nerf dmg / healing, so it will be a longer struggle to get someone down"
    Mop comes ---> "J/K WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING, SO EHM THERRRR YOU GO, 1 MONTH PVP BETA TEST, AND WE THINK ITS FINE LIKE DIIIIS".

Cant belive anyone thinks mop is fine.
    Well you can't really say that Mages before the FB nerf did normal damage. Didn't you watch the tournament with Snutz, Venruki and Kollektiv?

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 01:14 PM ----------

Damage is not your issue, ferals and warriors are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxii View Post
    How is this not OP if i may ask?
    Maybe you didnt see the "?" he wrote after the word OP..

Anyway, this dosen't seem to be much of a change anyway, and it is definitely not OP

They are removing the damage bonus debuff, but what is more important is that blizzard is actually trying to have classes cast again instead of spamming instants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    They are removing the damage bonus debuff, but what is more important is that blizzard is actually trying to have classes cast again instead of spamming instants.
    This.

Mages are rarely casting frost bolts it's not like it used to be in cata. Only thing that's cast is frost bomb really. Well if they take it. I myself rolling with tempest.

But I doubt mages will be casting it anyway even with this buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Obviously that would mean that melee/hunters would get less mobility or ways of interrupting.
    I agree with you completely, at least about the cast times and interrupting.

Here's a scenario I face often on my UA lock, even at low mmr (we just started pvping and are hoping to get serious this next season):
    Insta dot, cast Haunt on pressure target...interrupted from shadow for 4 seconds.
    During this 4 second lockout I get off 3 15k fel flames(or, if i'm lucky, 1 30k and two 15k)
    Start to cast haunt on pressure target, or reapply UA...interrupted from shadow for 4 seconds by the second melee or the healer (cuz this is a cleave team)
    Fel fla....got stunned
    stunned at the end of the stun
    Disoriented at the end of the stun on top of the first stun
    Begin casting ua....interupted

This goes on for freaking ever if I'm being focused. My healer can, sometimes, keep me up, but I can't do anything, not even teleport out, because interrupt locks teleport. It's rough. This is the arms race that GC talks about, in order for me to be able to play I have to use instants. Insta dot, instead of casted UA. Fel flame on the run. It's why UA locks are in a bad spot right now, and will continue to be in 5.2 (according to nadagast who may still make R1 this season) We do shit damage outside of haunt + malefic grasp and get interrupted constantly when we try to cast either.

I'd like to see DRs on interrupts(unless there is one and I don't know about it). A competent cleave team with a good healer can interrupt one person for 12/15 seconds. When you add stuns that person is out of the fight without a complete immunity of some sort.

why don't you all simply play mage instead of complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    why don't you all simply play mage instead of complaining?
    Ha,

Well, you see a lot of Locks playing Demo for the same reason, it's mostly instant cast, so it's easier to put out damage consistently.

I'll stick with my lock though, I HATE my mage.