Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legacy of kain series and silent hill series.

Mass Effect Trilogy. The first game series I ever played where I had to think about my decisions which affected the story. BioWare did an excellent job in fleshing out the different characters and their stories. Having to decide who survives and who to sacrifice just makes the game more compelling.

Deleted
    The Mass Effect series. After I had completed the second game I felt emotional for almost two weeks.
    Hearing makes me very emotional aswell.
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-02-20 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    Mordin dieing in mass effect 3. sacraficing his life to put right his past mistakes. Not to mention him humming that gilbert and sullivan remake tune under his breath... i teared up.
    How about the bit where he's taking the lift up the building and he takes a big sniff just like he always does, but this time it sounds like a big weight is lifted off his shoulders and he's at peace for the first time?

I think I'm going to cry again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The ending scene of 'The Walking Dead' by telltale games.
    I didn't just have a few tears, but I cried like I lost someone who was close to me. I never cried so much about a game nor a movie.

Mass Effect 3 ending. I'm still angry.

Personally, Final Fantasy X was the most emotional video game I've ever played. The ending and the fact that they didn't live happily ever after really made this story that much better.

Persona 4 is a close second. When Nanako-chan was kidnapped, and you find her in Heaven...fuck no. That was a powerful moment indeed.

Shadow of the Colossus had a great moment when Agro fell off that cliff.

Those are the three that immediately come to mind, I'm sure there's more.

Professor Layton the 3rd chapter for Nintendo DS... Professor Layton and the Lost Future i think...
    Man, when you found out why he never takes off his hat (he mention it on the 2nd Chapter, Professor Layton and the Pandora Box) and the farewell in the end... and the fucking minister still alive and unpunished... gosh =/
    And a lot of other games, like Dragon Age origins... i normally dont replay a game after ending but that one....
    Mass Effect the second and the horrible ending on the third... the first one just got that feeling of emptiness...

Edit: I almost forgot the Ace Attorney series with Phoenix Wright... even the apollo one made me sob!

Deleted
    Tenchu 2, Old but a good game ( in my opinion )

Deleted
    I think people should black out spoilers for those who havn't played the game they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsia View Post
    Tenchu 2, Old but a good game ( in my opinion )
    I only played tenchu wrath of heavens on ps2 but i loved it.Unlocked every on that :v

FFX was the only game I ever played that actually got me interested in the actual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I think people should black out spoilers for those who havn't played the game they're talking about.
    Indeed. I did my part!

The code is [ spoiler]sample text [/spoiler], without the space in the first tag.

It shows like this: sample text.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have played a few games with emotional moments But right now I dont think anything has beaten the Walking dead.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranox View Post
    Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core is the only game ever that moved me to tears with Zacks death
    Yeeeep. I didn't actually enjoy the game as much as other Final Fantasies, or many other RPGs for that matter, but they did his death scene so...bloody well. I did not see it coming (actually feeling sad I mean, cos I was aware he had to die by the end), but after using this slightly annoying dude for the entirety of game, I couldn't help but feel for him when he was gunned down, his usual cheeriness torn to shreds and still trying to save his friend. It wasn't a great game, but that ending was FANTASTIC. The music, the rain, his blood, the soldiers, the way his DMW went all crazy and uncontrollable, everything!

Edited for clarity.

Dragon agerigins ending.. (i think most will know what im talking about.. dont wanan spoil )....

Fire Emblem Awakening. Especially if you're playing Classic without reloading, in which case if one of your soldiers dies, they're gone for good, and you know it's because you made a bad tactical decision. And since all of them have great personalities, I felt horrible whenever this happened (especially when I thought Gregor, Nowi, and Virion would be a good team to cut off enemy reinforcements and they got slaughtered instead, or when I didn't notice some flyers near my backline and lost Libra (my healer) and Sully on the semifinal mission )

The main story had some pretty emotional moments too. A few highlights:

Emmeryn's death, especially after losing several good soldiers (mentioned above) trying to rescue her

Chapter 23- not going to spoil it, but I went through just about every emotion I think a game can bring out during that one cutscene.

One of the endings

For me,the first emotional response i ever got from a game,like many others in this thread no doubt,was the death of Aerith in FF7. I was pretty young at the time and i can honestly say it totally fucked me up for a few months. To this day,ive never been so emotionally invested in a game like i was back then. I absolutely fucking hated Sephiroth for real after that event. I mean,truly truly hated him lol I tried everything to resurrect her,investigated all the myths at the time,like when you saw her spirit at the church in Midgar..pretty much went through all the stages of dealing with death.

That final battle with Sephiroth,when he is in his true form,to unleash Omni-slash on him..that was me all the way through,i fucking hated him and loved every second of battering him to death lol. I still think thats the true triumph of FF7,for me anyways,its the only game ive ever played that created true emotional feeling with the world and its characters.

Besides that,the death of Sniper Wolf in MGS brought tears to my eyes and still does to this day. The Wrathgate event in WoW also..the bit at the end when the Red Dragonflight scorch the earth is pure cinematic perfection in terms of atmosphere and music. Always pulls at my heartstrings...it gives a true glimpse of the beauty,depth and maturity of Warcraft Lore. The game itself might be ligth hearted and full of pop referances,but underneath all that..the *actual* world,the lore itself,is dark and nuanced. Ive always felt that particular scene shows this perfectly =)

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess any game where teamwork is mandatory like an fps or moba where going off on your own is going to lose the game EVERY SINGLE TIME!

it just makes me think "fuck you i hope you all die irl" then i ragequit and not play the game for a few days/weeks and go play something else like fallout 3 and use godmode to go on a killing spree with a mirv

is that emotional enough?

FF7 was most definitely a soul crusher, though watching that scene now does absolutely nothing.

Outside of that, I think the only real emotional response I've gotten from a game is fear..... Doom 2 gave me absolute nightmares. Granted, it's extremely dated 'now', but back when it came out, I hadn't seen another game nearly as visually immersive.