cant choose a main

im torn between guardian, warrior and elementalist.
    the highest level one is the guardian but ive been getting kinda bored with it and after reading a bunch of forums it seems they are mostly just a tanky kinda of support. and i like being a support but I also like to be able to deal some damage. with the ele i just like to use the staff the other weapons i dont really enjoy too much.
    and warrior its been awhile since i touched him but i like all the weapon options. what do you guys think i should just sit down and get to 80

Deleted
    Don't change just because people on forums says something. I made that mistake on wow (swapped from shaman healing to druid) and even on GW2 I believed that "mesmers are not good at pve".... pfff... just play what you want and enjoy. ^_^

In PVE, it doesn't really matter. Just pick whichever one suits you best.

id like to get into doing dungeons and wvw. i know guardians can be good in dungeons im just getting bored with being mostly a supportish tank

You don't HAVE to go the "support tank" route as Guardian. Get a greatsword and knights/berserker gear and you'll be doing high amount of damage.

Play what you find enjoyable. If i've learnt anything from my time in World of Warcraft, it is that if you enjoy a class, you'll perform at a much higher level, then if you played a class purely because someone recommended it.

well im between those 3 and i want to get something to 80 so i can see some of the higher level stuff and maybe make some gold. so im just seeing what other people think is fun about each of the 3 that might shed some light on which i should maybe give a go

Your main is now Warrior. We're done here.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongones View Post
    id like to get into doing dungeons and wvw. i know guardians can be good in dungeons im just getting bored with being mostly a supportish tank
    Use my guardian build!

30/20/0/0/20 I use all the spirit weapon traits and use a spirit hammer, sword, and bow while my weapons are Staff (don't normally swap from this) and mace/shield, I have plenty of offense, and plenty of support/control with the set up!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Having multiple sets of gear and re-trait to the spec you feel like playing. this makes any class fun to play...

I would suggest warrior with Great sword and rifle/Longbow with a 10/25/25/10 build. Good dps and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Don't change just because people on forums says something. I made that mistake on wow (swapped from shaman healing to druid) and even on GW2 I believed that "mesmers are not good at pve".... pfff... just play what you want and enjoy. ^_^
    This. There is so much false information on forums. Just pick the one YOU think is most fun to play.

I also don't notice a lack of damage on my guardian but he is only level 28 at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    This. There is so much false information on forums. Just pick the one YOU think is most fun to play.

I also don't notice a lack of damage on my guardian but he is only level 28 at the moment.
    Guardians only have piss poor damage (single target obviously) on the staff and 1h mace, the two weapons I use xD, but that's because they aren't suppose to do damage and are supposed to support your allies, but you pair a staff with a GS for that empower + crazy GS burst combo and you'll drop people like nobodies business.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior.

You´re welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    in your kitchen, stealing your peanut buttas
    I understand your pain, personally if you like all of the weapon choices give warrior a whirl if you find you don't like it then you've at least narrowed down your options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongones View Post
    im torn between guardian, warrior and elementalist.
    the highest level one is the guardian but ive been getting kinda bored with it and after reading a bunch of forums it seems they are mostly just a tanky kinda of support. and i like being a support but I also like to be able to deal some damage. with the ele i just like to use the staff the other weapons i dont really enjoy too much.
    and warrior its been awhile since i touched him but i like all the weapon options. what do you guys think i should just sit down and get to 80
    If you are having problems picking a main, how about you try picking an alt? or even 3!

Deleted
    Just pick any you like really. You can also level each to 30 make a decision then. I personally am closing in on 4 80's so don't limited yourself to 1 either. :P

Deleted
    I like the Guardian playstyle alot, buff allies and save lifes with well timed aegis and retaliation + protection buffs is very fun! Atleast in dungeons wich is what i do with friends!