Thread: Battle.net name

Deleted

Battle.net name

Hello.Some time ago I have been hacked and when I try to log in it asks for an authenticator although I haven`t got one.
    The true problem is that one of the names on the battle.net is not the real name.I opened a ticket and spoke with a GM.He sais he really needs my ID in order to change my name.
    My question is:Will I be sewed because I didn`t respected the Terms of use and dind`t put my full real name?

Thank you!

Not sued, you may not get your account back perhaps, depending on how different the ID name and the database name are. Lost 2 accounts this way.

Deleted
    i changed my name on 2 bnet accounts allready, just needed a photograph of my id+a daily newsletter on the same image and the secret question

may differ in your country(=?!)

A daily newsletter?
    When I tried to change my name I needed previous ID+New ID and written statement releasing ownership from first ID

Deleted
    Yea didn't have to send daily newsletter myself either.

Quote Originally Posted by victor191154 View Post
    Hello.Some time ago I have been hacked and when I try to log in it asks for an authenticator although I haven`t got one.
    The true problem is that one of the names on the battle.net is not the real name.I opened a ticket and spoke with a GM.He sais he really needs my ID in order to change my name.
    My question is:Will I be sewed because I didn`t respected the Terms of use and dind`t put my full real name?

Thank you!

well, in the end the fault for your being able to be hacked lies mostly on your shoulders. for one they would not have been able to put an authenticator on your account if you already had one in place. for two they would not have been able to hack you if you had not visited a site, most likely to purchase in game items, and shared information with them.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    two they would not have been able to hack you if you had not visited a site, most likely to purchase in game items, and shared information with them.
    This is just misleading. Simply "sharing" passwords is good enough for this one. If your mmo-champion e-mail and password is the same as WoW's and has their database compromised, they just try those logins. Surely, we're not using this website to purchase in-game items. Or are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    This is just misleading. Simply "sharing" passwords is good enough for this one. If your mmo-champion e-mail and password is the same as WoW's and has their database compromised, they just try those logins. Surely, we're not using this website to purchase in-game items. Or are you?
    granted I overlooked the easiest way that is still your own fault, however even this site is not safe, I have had trojans blocked from adds here.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I made my account when I was underaged, during the whole hype "Don't share your real name with anyone or anything online". I actually listened and didn't fuss too much about it, once Real ID was introduced I wanted my real name on there and all I had to do was fill out a forum including reasoning and supply my secret answer along with two forums of ID, one a photo and the other my birth certificate.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Hi Victor, you're not in any trouble with us for not having your name, or even a real name on the account. Our aim is not to scare you into following the rules, we ask people to use correct/current information so that if something like this happens we can easily help them out. Now, it may be tricky to try and sort this out if the name on the account is not yours... and I can't guarantee that we'll be able to help you in this specific circumstance, but your best bet would be to call us to explain the issue. Our Customer Service reps are friendly (I promise!) and we want to do our best to help. Sometimes mistakes happen, so just let us know what's going on and we'll see what we can do.

Here's the number for our North American office:
    USA/Canada 1-800-592-5499 10:00 AM — 6:00 PM Pacific

Please let me know if you need the number for a different region.

Regards,
    Araxom

Deleted
    Wait what? Is Blizzard watching MMO-Champion? O_o

On another note, I have always kept a print screen of my personal info on my desktop, and one time I got hacked and that picture + my ID etc etc. were usually enough for me.

They are being really careful atm as people are selling old (unmerged) inactive WoW accounts which you then buy, merge, send a scroll of res to, claim your free 80 and free server/race xfer, and go on your merry way. (either botting or 'legal' play)

A lot of people then want to xfer the 80 off their 2nd account to their main account.

Not pointing fingers at the OP here but he states 'The true problem is that one of the names on the battle.net is not the real name' so one begs to ask how you ended up with 2 names on a single account, unless you have acquired a 2nd account.

But whatever, that's not my business.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the answers.I made a ticket and I finally got my account back.Now I will go to buy an authenticator)

op why did you gave up a false name in the first place?