Deleted

Radeon 7900 - No free games

Hi guys,

As I'm writing this I'm afraid I already know the answer. Still, it's worth a shot. I recently bought a Gigabyte Radeon 7950 Windforce x3. Great card, am real excited about it and seeing great gains. (Swapped a 6670, lol.)

As most of you know, AMD has been offering free games to go with 7900 cards. However, the card I bought came without any free games. There's some stuff about Firefall on the box, which is an F2P game. (Haven't checked what it actually is, probably some in-game items or whatnot?)

Is there any way for me to claim the games I feel I'm entitled to? I say ".. I feel .." since I'm fearing I already know the answer: It's based on where you purchase the card, and my vendor didn't offer these games. (?)

Cheers!

Edit: Updated information.

Might be nice to know for future reference. I've contacted my vendor (Azerty - Dutch) and they can't provide me with the codes. They stick to the "Only certain vendors get it" story. - I bet they're all playing crysis and far cry at home now!
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-02-28 at 11:44 AM.

http://sites.amd.com/us/promo/never-...sreloaded.aspx

List of stores offering this deal. taken from AMD.com

Only some stores are included in this, you can see a list here http://blogs.amd.com/play/this-holiday-never-settle/
    If you didn't get any kind of codes or such I don't think you will be able to get the games.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Deleted
    Alright, I figured as much but was secretly hoping you guys knew some shady e-mail adress to send a copy of my receipt to, haha.

Thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll have to go buy the games.

I recently bought a 7850 from newegg and got Farcry 3 for free. I think it all depends on the vendor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Alright, I figured as much but was secretly hoping you guys knew some shady e-mail adress to send a copy of my receipt to, haha.

Thanks for the responses guys, guess I'll have to go buy the games.
    Which vendor did you buy the free games from?

In the UK, depending on the retailer, you have to email someone with your order number. They respond with a code that you use on the AMD site to retrieve your free games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post

In the UK, depending on the retailer, you have to email someone with your order number. They respond with a code that you use on the AMD site to retrieve your free games.
    It's just a shop here in Holland, called Azerty. Pretty sure they just buy the stuff from a wholesaler somewhere and that wholesaler keeps all the codes for himself! haha... (Lan party, anyone?)

Either way, the shop is not listed on AMD's website. (the lists that were posted earlier in this thread)

Deleted
    Well the online store I've bought it on isn't listed on there either. It should be worthwhile giving your sellers a ring.

Deleted
    Well the online store I've bought it on isn't listed on there either. It should be worthwhile giving your sellers a ring.
    Ooh, I thought it was probably set in stone. I'll have to send an e-mail to my seller and see where they stand on this. They might not know it, might not be getting them unless specifically asked for... or even might give em away to employee's whenever someone doesn't ask for one I guess. >.<

Although, they could just not have 'em. One way to find out, I'll give those guys a ring.

Cheers!

I got Sleeping dogs with my 7970 GHz (was a couple of months back) and it came as a steam serial key (UK) in an envelope inside the GPU box.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I got Sleeping dogs with my 7970 GHz (was a couple of months back) and it came as a steam serial key (UK) in an envelope inside the GPU box.
    These 'Never settle bundles' operate slightly differently now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought a 7970 off amazon, it took them a week after I got the card for them to send me an email containing a serial number which I then used on AMD's website, AMD then sent me a serial number for Crysis 3 last night, which I put into Origin, and have been playing it today.

It might be the store is just slow. How long ago did you get the card?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Bought mine at MicroCenter. Wasn't given anything that looks like a free coupon for a download. Anyone buy in-store and have a suggestion?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Bought mine at MicroCenter. Wasn't given anything that looks like a free coupon for a download. Anyone buy in-store and have a suggestion?
    I bought my MSI 660ti from MicroCenter, which is promoting an in-game currency coupon right now (Nvidia). The cashiers had no idea about the code so I mentioned that it should come with one. They ran into the back and got me the AMD coupon, guess I got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Hethor View Post
    I bought my MSI 660ti from MicroCenter, which is promoting an in-game currency coupon right now (Nvidia). The cashiers had no idea about the code so I mentioned that it should come with one. They ran into the back and got me the AMD coupon, guess I got lucky.
    Well shit. Guess I'm going back to MicroCenter! Not that it's really a bad thing.

Thanks!

A Nvidia card got you an AMD coupon? What? It is kind of like buying Windows 8 but got a coupon for spending on Apple Store????

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, indeed. I'm not complaining though, can't beat getting two games for free over in-game currency for games I've never heard of before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, indeed. I'm not complaining though, can't beat getting two games for free over in-game currency for games I've never heard of before.
    Yep, I'd have a gtx670 right now if Nvidia didnt decide to counter Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite with Planetside 2 cash shop bucks. What a fucking stupid move.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.