Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Weak Aura and high memory usage

Hey guys,
    recetly i encounter a problem with my Weak aura.
    when i start a boss fight the memory is at 2-3 mb
    but suddenly its jumps to around 10mb lagging the hell of my game...
    how can i check whats causing it ? how can i fix it?

thx for your help

memory usage doesn't cause lag, cpu usage does.

if you haven't added any custom functions into your weakaura then there's probably no way you can "fix it". but you can import it to a string and paste here if you want some advice.

what do you mean "costum functions" ? what is it?

Deleted
    try power aura's? but 10mb is nothing

Weak Auras is causing high cpu usage ? o_0

its causing high memory usage for me ...
    before couple of months it was great... but now i have problem

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    what do you mean "costum functions" ? what is it?
    If you don't know what it is, then you've probably never used it, so don't worry about it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you import an aura? How many auras do you have in total?

You could turn off an aura one by one and see if it has any effect but as others said if you don't have a custom aura then chances are you don't have anything to worry. If your game is lagging try turning off WeakAuras and see if it still persists.

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    Did you import an aura? How many auras do you have in total?

You could turn off an aura one by one and see if it has any effect but as others said if you don't have a custom aura then chances are you don't have anything to worry. If your game is lagging try turning off WeakAuras and see if it still persists.
    i have around 60 auras . some of them for prot , some for fury/ arms and some for all of the specs... ( so i guess 30 atm are active during combat)
    i did import some auras and changed them a bit ( like blood shield and changed it to shield barrier )...

Any lua errors?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go to your WoW -> WTF -> Account -> SavedVariables and upload WeakAuras.lua somewhere (I suggest http://www.upload.ee) and I'll check quickly what's causing the issue (unless you have some kind of aura you don't want others to see).

If it was recently updated, it might be possible that is causing some sort of conflict with another addon (updated or not)... or maybe another addon that you recently updated is causing conflict with your current weak aura version.

I had an issue almost identical but weak aura's is not just 1 but 4 addons in your addon list my issue was fixed by turning off model, tutorials & options.
    When you need to add/change/delete a string you need to turn options back on and off when done, since i did this no issues what so ever.
    Also make sure that any and all strings you create or copy from forums are only active for the right class/spec/zone again this helps.
    Last but not least some strings you find on the web are specific and use high cpu scans, you can turn that option also off if you want, mind you this does mean that the aura could stop working.

The options interface should only be loaded on-demand, when you choose to show it.
    The memory usage of that will remain pretty static and has no impact on performance.
    People still get hung up on memory usage as some meaningful number when in reality it is not without context.

Your machine has how many gigs of RAM? And you worry about 10 lousy megs...

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Your machine has how many gigs of RAM? And you worry about 10 lousy megs...
    People obsess over that number, because unlike CPU usage it is pretty visible.
    Way too visible IMO.
    Doesn't the default UI use something like 20-30mb, on top of anything custom is using.

People need to familiarize them self with CPU Profiling via addons like AddonUsage

Here a link Weakauras.lua: http://www.upload.ee/files/3536038/WeakAuras.lua.html
    the problem i have is that it cause lag in game when it reaches to +- 10mb... and thats annoying when you raid , all of the buttons have half second delay till they react.
    (i remember same problem with power auras once)
    i have 8gb ram.
    no Lua errors.

looking to solve the problem, thx for the help so far

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo33 View Post
    the problem i have is that it cause lag in game when it reaches to +- 10mb... and thats annoying when you raid
    your lag is probably also worse when the boss is at 50% health vs. 100%, but you wouldn't say the boss's lower health is causing your lag, would you?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only two custom functions I see in there are vengeance and shield barrier, trying disabling both and see if it helps but other than that I don't see anything that could cause it (they both seem to run every frame without throttling).

Oh and do note your memory is supposed to go up when auras and such display itself but it gets recycled again so it's nothing you have to worry about, still strange that you receive lag on 10mb+ memory though. You're saying that all your buttons are delayed, can you replicate this every single time or are we talking about the delay that occurs in raids to everyone?
    Last edited by suprep; 2013-08-25 at 01:26 PM.