10+ Year Old Account

Mages, Priests, and Warlocks; and 5.2 Transmog.

If the rule of "have to be able to equip it to transmog it" still stands in 5.2, then aren't Priests, Mages, and Warlocks getting completely screwed over?

We have staves, which we can't transmog to polearms.
    We have 1h mace/1h swords, which we can't transmog to another 1h weapon. (Priests only have 1h maces, and Locks and Mages only have 1h swords)
    And we have Daggers.. which well... yeah.
    Dunno what's going on with wand's though.

Am I just getting grumpy for no reason, or does anyone else find that these classes are getting screwed over?
    Or am I completely overlooking a transmog rule, and just being a moron?
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-02-19 at 03:27 PM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

that's pretty much how things work. woe to the clothies.

priests: sorry about breaking your lore into pieces, but you're gonna have to use shadowfiend in holy spec for mana;
    mages: so, fire orb is your coolest looking spell? well, I'll rework it to be better and more responsive, but I'll give it to frost. too bad if you like fire, you have to be bland;
    warlocks: so, you wanted to tank? take this half cooked tank form that can only tank 5-mans if you have a group of 4 good and very cooperative friends. sorry, you can't queue with that;

transmog? screw your transmog, we made this for paladins. we want them to mog t2 and sulfuron hammer, even if they have a sword equipped.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that's pretty much how things work. woe to the clothies.

priests: sorry about breaking your lore into pieces, but you're gonna have to use shadowfiend in holy spec for mana;
    mages: so, fire orb is your coolest looking spell? well, I'll rework it to be better and more responsive, but I'll give it to frost. too bad if you like fire, you have to be bland;
    warlocks: so, you wanted to tank? take this half cooked tank form that can only tank 5-mans if you have a group of 4 good and very cooperative friends. sorry, you can't queue with that;

transmog? screw your transmog, we made this for paladins. we want them to mog t2 and sulfuron hammer, even if they have a sword equipped.
    Pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage

- Frostbolt cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
    - Flameglow, a new talent is available at level 30 and replaces Blazing Speed. The passive ability encases the Mage in fiery energy, absorbing damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 20% of their spellpower, up to a maximum of 30% of the attack.
    - Ice Floes now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute) and its duration have been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    - Scorch is no longer a talent and is now available to all Fire Mages.

Priests

- Spiritual Healing is a new passive ability obtained by Discipline and Holy Priests at level 10. This ability increases the amount of healing done by Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Renew, and Prayer of Mending by 25%. For Holy and Discipline Priests, there is no decrease to the amount of healing done by those four spells
    - Glyph of Desperation has been replaced with Glyph of Binding Heal. Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
    - Holy Fire is now an instant cast ability.
    - Mind Blast damage has been increased by 20%.

Warlock

- Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
    - New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.
    - Chaos Wave now have a new visual.
    - GREEN FIRE... yeah

So, in 5.2, the clothies get all these buffs (plus some) and transmog is a game breaker.

Wow. /smh

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Mage

- Frostbolt cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.
    - Flameglow, a new talent is available at level 30 and replaces Blazing Speed. The passive ability encases the Mage in fiery energy, absorbing damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 20% of their spellpower, up to a maximum of 30% of the attack.
    - Ice Floes now has a 45 second cooldown (was 1 minute) and its duration have been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
    - Scorch is no longer a talent and is now available to all Fire Mages.

Priests

- Spiritual Healing is a new passive ability obtained by Discipline and Holy Priests at level 10. This ability increases the amount of healing done by Flash Heal, Binding Heal, Renew, and Prayer of Mending by 25%. For Holy and Discipline Priests, there is no decrease to the amount of healing done by those four spells
    - Glyph of Desperation has been replaced with Glyph of Binding Heal. Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit can now always be cast while stunned.
    - Holy Fire is now an instant cast ability.
    - Mind Blast damage has been increased by 20%.

Warlock

- Kil'jaeden's Cunning is now a passive talent, and its activated ability has been removed.
    - New Glyph: Glyph of Drain Life. This glyph increases the healing gained from Drain Life by 30%.
    - Chaos Wave now have a new visual.
    - GREEN FIRE... yeah

So, in 5.2, the clothies get all these buffs (plus some) and transmog is a game breaker.

Wow. /smh
    buffs and nerfs are a pendulum. getting buffs on 5.2 just means those classes were worst than desired on 5.1.

green fire was first promised on WotLK when they announced glyphs (and minor glyphs). it took them 3 expansions to deliver it. besides, according to xelnath, the questline would have a part in ahn qiraj and a part in the firelands, finally landing on xerrath (the "warlock island"), that would be a zone for warlock dailies. all of that was scrapped, and the green fire questline is now about 1/5 of what it should have been. I'm still grateful that it's been released at all, but it could and should have been so much more than that.

the new mage spell doesn't have an animation at all. the "new" animation for chaos wave is the old animation, but fixed. scorch was taken away from frost and arcane mages, and kil'jaeden's cunning's active effect was removed instead of being made interesting.

well, I guess it could be worst. I could be a rogue.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.