Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    I agree with your statement partially. However, LFR/CRZ/LFD is a double-edged sword; back before x-realm instances, you pretty much knew everyone in your group. People often ran instance grinds together with people they knew from their server to be reliable, non-ninjas, and all around enjoyable people.

Now you could care less who someone is or where they're from.
    That was not really the case from what I remember. There were a huge amount of instances that were run by strangers, even from the same realm. That is why there was the constant "LF 1 tank for heroic XXXXX" being spammed everywhere. In addition, you would end up with a lot of jerks back then too. Wiping for 30 minutes on 1 pack of trash was not always condusive to making people happy. The blame game was very apparent back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wow community is garbage. It's polluted with toxic number crunching mouth breathers who hate fun, overrun by entitled little brats who scream for things to be handed to them, and flooded with obnoxious trolls who exist to cause as much grief to other players as possible.

The minority of the population are still enjoyable to play with. It's too bad that WoW became "hip" and attracted all the other trash.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this artical and what it was describing sounded more like vanilla that MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    The wow community is garbage. It's polluted with toxic number crunching mouth breathers who hate fun, overrun by entitled little brats who scream for things to be handed to them, and flooded with obnoxious trolls who exist to cause as much grief to other players as possible.

The minority of the population are still enjoyable to play with. It's too bad that WoW became "hip" and attracted all the other trash.
    This post is brought to you by today's word of the day - irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This post is brought to you by today's word of the day - irony.
    Elaborate.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Elaborate.
    Honestly? You need me to elaborate?

You complain that the community is garbage at the same time hurling insults about mouthbreathers, entitled little brats and obnoxious trolls. Do you not see that this kind of behaviour is part of the problem?

All popular online gaming community's are terrible. It's not hard to ignore stupid people in them.

According to this logic, the Harvard admissions office must be staffed by a bunch of asshole elitists
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Whilst placing train sets might not bother most people it can certainly be annoying. In most walks of life repeatedly doing something in the vicinity of someone that you know will annoy them for the purpose of annoying them is harassment. The fact that you refer to this as the action of players and not just one individual lends even more strength to her case. You or I might find her problem trivial and without further information it is difficult to judge exactly what happened, but it is not for us to decide what others find offensive, however I would add that if you followed a colleague around in the work place with the intent of annoying her you would find yourself on the wrong side of disciplinary proceedings.

I find it interesting that you believe that problems within the community are the responsibility of the community. You have mentioned that players should report those who are rude and abusive to others and more often than not you behave in very this manner towards fellow posters on this board, it doesn't take a massive leap to believe that this kind of behaviour extends itself to in game interaction, how would you feel if Blizzard were take a hard line on players that abuse others?
    My entire point was that people claiming Blizzard does nothing about harassment shouldn't be taken at face value because of situations like the one I described. Do train sets annoy people? Yes. Is it harassment that violates Blizzard's rules? No. Are players jerks for doing it to annoy people? Yes but again still not a rule violation. Anyone who spends any amount of time on the customer support forums sees situations just like the one I described on a daily basis.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Torunscar View Post
    It is Blizzard's fault to some extent. They need to implement shared quests mobs, items and gathering nodes to stop people of the same faction acting like assholes towards each other. Cross-faction, fine, treat them how you like after all, we're not supposed to get along.
    Again blaming a few lines of code for the behavior of some players is a cop out and only enables it.

I think nice people are nice to strangers regardless of LFR/CRZ/LFD.

I've noticed in real life as well as in games, that the more challenging/competitive things get, the less friendly the community gets. Some people take things way to serious and will do anything to win. If you guys want to know what bad communities are like, check out the forums for SC2, Dota, LoL, or Black Ops 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    According to this logic, the Harvard admissions office must be staffed by a bunch of asshole elitists
    I think it's actually true

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't kick people for being undergeared.

I kick people for being douches.

If the other three in the group want to get rid of him for being under geared, let them. I abstain my vote.

As long as mobs are dying, people aren't dying, and my face isn't the one being smashed, everyone is doing their jobs.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    i PLAYED WoW from 2004 to december 2012, and jesus the community outside guilds are usually horrible.. :/ so much elitism and such bad behavours... ruins the fun of a mmo. Playing GW2 instead since release and damn, its so smooth and fits me perfectly since its a casual game with atleast what i stumbled across; only friendly and helpfully people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wow's community is a rotting cesspool, probably around 75-80% are the worst kind of people you can meet.

The remaining range from people who are indifferent to being decent enough to overall nice and easy to get on with. For example, I've been leveling a new character over the last week, and across every LFG run, I've meet probably 5 groups with actual nice people who talk and interact and have a laugh though the dungeon.
    Those people are worth the time.
    I said it before and i will say it again, those who complain about the community incessantly tend to be the worst of the worst themselves. You people seriously don't see the problem in blanket statements such as "80% of the community is bad"? Seriously? You don't find that in the slightest bit hypocritical? Every community online or offline has bad elements in it but to claim most of a community is bad? Come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I don't kick people for being undergeared.

I kick people for being douches.

If the other three in the group want to get rid of him for being under geared, let them. I abstain my vote.

As long as mobs are dying, people aren't dying, and my face isn't the one being smashed, everyone is doing their jobs.
    I was running a dungeon one day and like one minute into instance someone wanted to kick one of the dpses for "not playing" -- the tank had just touched the first pack and there was no even guarantee the dps was even fully zoned in yet!
    The vote didn't go through but really what was that about, they even took the time to state they wanted to kick the dps for not playing.

I do think the WoW community is not the warmest online community there is. The reasons are from "I beat the game because I killed this and this boss on heroic and since you didn't do the same you're inferior" (in my opinion WoW isn't a game that is beaten like that; sure if you focus on heroic progression it might be that for you, but... you know.) and "lol you want to do x get a life!! i dont want to do x because I have a life!!" and ugh.
    REGARDLESS I've not really met that much overly horrifying people everyone seems to run into in their every instance. 9/10 (and probably more) instances/scenarios/LFR I do are very event-free. I usually say "Hello" and sometimes people reply me with "Hi" and sometimes they don't but if they do I'm happy because I don't know, things like that make me happy. Sometimes we say bye also when the smooth but uneventful instance is at its end. I do wish people would talk more; not like chatting but hellos and byes and things like that.

I have seen my fair share of jerks and people who do things just because they can and what those people they leave behind go through as a result of their actions because lol its not like i see those ppl ever right but I think thinking "everyone outside my circle of friends is a jerk" is exaclty the kind of mentality that actually might cause you to treat them not as humanely because they're not in your friendly guild and terrible people by default

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, the community is bad. should you be ashamed? only if you are contributing to the negativity of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMeo View Post
    I was running a dungeon one day and like one minute into instance someone wanted to kick one of the dpses for "not playing" -- the tank had just touched the first pack and there was no even guarantee the dps was even fully zoned in yet!
    The vote didn't go through but really what was that about, they even took the time to state they wanted to kick the dps for not playing.

*Snip*
    Been there, done that. Even got the T-shirt to prove it. Hehe

Don't want to go back.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? You need me to elaborate?

You complain that the community is garbage at the same time hurling insults about mouthbreathers, entitled little brats and obnoxious trolls. Do you not see that this kind of behaviour is part of the problem?
    Not at all Pann, these are the hard truths that have to be stated. The bigger problem are all the apologists who are content to bury their heads in the sand and attempt to sugar coat everything. Wake up, this community went down the toilet, and we're all to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Oh? You've met them too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancyfeast View Post
    Can we do anything to remedy that though? Or is it just as in real life? "Some people are nice, and some are jerks. Just do your best to avoid the a-holes?"
    just like in real life but more inclined to the a-holes side bcoz of the anonimity the internet provides... it surfaces the inner asshole ...