Heroic Amber Shaper & parasite debuff(10 man)

I was curious, what passive heals count against this debuff? My guild is coming in close on a kill and there are times where the parasite person seems to be taking a LOT of damage from it but neither of us healers are direct healing them.

Is it ALL healing? It does seem like healing stream counts against it and our RL wants us to avoid dropping it when the parasite is out(which is like 90% of the fight, so it would severely impact both of our hps and make it difficult to keep up with healing seeing as HST has the #1-2 of our overall heals). It hasn't been a HUGE problem, but out of 30ish attempts last night someone died to it maybe 2-3 times about? And it was usually deep into a monstrosity phase when there were lots of adds out and a lot of healing required to keep everyone up.

Anyway, j/w if anyone knows which heals are OK to use or if there's somewhere I can find this out. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL healing. Including HST and Healing Rain. However, HST is not going to be significant enough to matter. You should continue to drop it. People who get parasite should be moving out of the healing rain, so as to avoid both the rain healing and the chance at an earthliving proc. You should not cast riptide on the parasite target, as each tick counts. I've only ever seen people die to it during the final phase when there's massive raid damage going out. I used to die to it as elemental fairly frequently in that phase, but once I replaced our MW as the third healer (with disc and paladin), I don't think we ever lost a single person to it again. I would guess that in the course of healing them, some of your healers are using too many small snipe heals and not enough large bomb heals. Let them drop below half health (as long as they won't die in the next tick) and try to land a big heal just as they hit that point.

Again, just to reiterate, not dropping HST is a silly strat (though I wouldn't word it that way to your RL. ). To be honest, when I heal this I will actually spam small heals on the parasite targets to get it ticking hard so I can snipe some extra heals on the meters, LOL. It's really not an issue unless you're clearly struggling in other areas, so I think your main focus should be to nail down those other areas.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-02-19 at 07:26 PM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

It's not a BIG problem, most attempts no one died to it, but there were a few cases where someone had it and was ticking HARD as if a healer was spamming heals on him. I don't even go anywhere NEAR the parasite players frame unless they go below 40ish% health. A lot of classes we have can mitigate a lot of the damage from it if they need to, but we had a hunter taking 20-30% ticks with 15 seconds still left on it. I think he may have been getting hit by adds some too. I often start spam healing them if it looks like they need it with 3-5 seconds left on the debuff.

But anyway, yea okay so HST isn't a big deal that's good to know. I knew about HR and we advised people to not be in it if they have parasites. Restorative Mists also seems to effect the debuff and it REALLY makes the ticks hurt, timing CDs on this fight kinda blows TBH lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really want to make sure you're safe, have a paladin spec into hand of purity and be ready to throw it on the parasite during periods of heavy raid damage. We have our Prot pally do it.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Cool thanks for the tip

10+ Year Old Account
    Pallies can bubble itmoff and mages can block it off too. Im not sure if a glyphed shamanistic rage will clear it but thats possibly another option to keep in mind.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Pallies can bubble itmoff and mages can block it off too. Im not sure if a glyphed shamanistic rage will clear it but thats possibly another option to keep in mind.
    im only elemental and i'll be getting this in 5.2 so i've not used it, but sham rage removes magic effects, magic effects can also be dispelled, so anything sham rage glyphed can remove a dispell from a healer would also remove, so i can tell you with 95% certainty that sham rage will not remove it.