Thread: 5.2 Patch,

Deleted

5.2 Patch,

its pretty much set in stone thats its coming 26th feb right?, if thats so we should hear an ending on arena season tomorrow or so i guess. or am i wrong?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler said the 26th is their target date. There's some talk of pushing it back a week, though...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Unless the arena season is ending tomorrow, which is highly unlikely as Blizzard hasn't even said a word about it, there is no way we'll see patch 5.2 next week.

Patch date is almost certainly Tuesday, March 5.

Why?
    1) Last Tuesday night, Zarhym said the following:
    If you’ve already made plans and sunk your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142#1

That means to cap Valor starting at zero before 5.2, we'd need three weeks - last week, this week, and next week (1000 per week).

2) They still haven't made the End of Arena Season announcement. That comes two weeks before the season ends (and the new patch comes out). I'd expect to see that announcement today or tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm annoyed then, for only one reason though then if it's going to released next week.

Anduin's back on his feet, meaning Velen healed him. The fact this isn't shown in game is a wasted opportunity to at least have Velen show up in game and do something

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    Unless the arena season is ending tomorrow, which is highly unlikely as Blizzard hasn't even said a word about it, there is no way we'll see patch 5.2 next week.
    Arena seasons typically end on the same date the next patch goes live, not a week before.
    Season 10 ended 11/29/11, same date as patch 4.3
    Season 11 ended 8/28/12, same date as patch 5.0.4

Blizzard said they'd provide a two-week warning before the end of the arena season. Assuming the announcement comes today, that puts us at March 5 for release of 5.2.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok then why a 12 hour maintainence today?

Quote Originally Posted by thorkin69 View Post
    No idea, but I'd think that the impending release of SC2:HotS and Mists patch 5.2 in the coming weeks probably means Battle.net needs some spring cleaning.

March 5th seem to be the most likely date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Ghostcrawler said the 26th is their target date. There's some talk of pushing it back a week, though...
    Wont be the 26. They havent announced the PvP season end yet, and they always do that 2 weeks before it ends. 5.2 wont come for another 2 weeks atleast. And if they dont announce the arena season end tomorow, it will be atleast 3 weeks..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkin69 View Post
    HotS is coming, and Blizzcon ticket sales always destroy their website. They needed to do work on their site and battle.net. It has nothing to do with WoW.

---------- Post added 2013-02-19 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Wont be the 26. They havent announced the PvP season end yet, and they always do that 2 weeks before it ends. 5.2 wont come for another 2 weeks atleast. And if they dont announce the arena season end tomorow, it will be atleast 3 weeks..
    They won't go until mid-March. Heroic testing is nearing completion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They've given as little as one week's notice before for the end of pvp seasons. I doubt it'll be the 26, unless they announce it later today, but I doubt it'll be mid march or later.