Deleted

Question Need some advice about Protection and CM's

Hello!
    I'm usually playing retribution / holy but since the lack of tanks I "decided" to go protection (against my will, shh) for Challenge Modes and I think I need some input.

Is this stats fine? I am inside a CM and I'm totally unbuffed, what should I improve? Do I have too much expertise? Please help!
    Thanks in advance bois n' gurls!

/A

Edit: Forgot the screenshot -_-
    Last edited by mmoc827a6e0869; 2013-02-19 at 08:23 PM.

Are you planning to link an armory?

Assuming you're going for Golds:

Basically, stat allocation is the same as raid tanking. Hit to 7.5, Exp to 15.0, Haste > Mastery > Stam > D/P. I suppose you could make more of an effort to slot in crit items, since D/P is really pretty useless at the scaled down values in CMs, and tank DPS plays a HUGE role in success, but I just rolled with my raid tank gear. I suppose you COULD drop some expertise based on talent selection, but it's up to you. I ran HA for every run and it served me well as a stellar cooldown AND DPS boost.

Not sure what your items look like, but if you have say a LFR item without a socket, and a 463 item WITH a socket, use the 463, since gems do not scale down. Same thing goes for trinkets: unless you have baller trinkets (I used shado-pan stam trinket and Lei Shens), Ghost Iron Dragonling is a good choice to stack some stats.

Other than that, bring lots of tomes and get Klaxxi resin for you and your healer. Glyphs change a LOT based on encounter, though it depends some on your group comp and their amount of AOE control/CC. Other good items to get are Battle Horn (from Blackhorn) and Rod of Ambershaping (from Krix'tic or however you spell it).

There are some good guides in the R+D forums for Gold strats, but if you have pally specific questions we can help.

Edit: wow OK, so zero haste. That's a big red flag. Haste is what you want the most of, stat-wise for ShotR uptime and DPS/self healing. I'm assuming you're a bit undergeared from the values there, so I know you're working with what you can, but I'd strongly suggest a GID and slap in haste, exp and mastery (based on your current values). Looks like you've got a crit piece, and some traditional tank gear too. Check the stickies on proper prot gearing/stat priority.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-02-19 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Thanks, thats very helpful!
    Sorry I didn't add an armory link, I logged out in Retribution gear and its maintenance right now so. But in-case:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Amez/advanced

I'll look into these points, thank you!