Poll: Which carb source?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Some can only be prepared in certain ways that make me love em (i.e. frying, stir-frying, baking, steaming, etc.). Although, if you smother either of these in cheese I'll gladly devour them all. Cheese and Rice. Macaroni and Cheese. Cheesy Shredded Potatoes. All Glorious.

But Potatoes above all. Pringles are addictive (if you consider chips (crisps) a "potato")
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2013-02-20 at 08:33 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    pasta by far is my choice.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    pasta by far is my choice.
    I feel I have to follow this.

Tough choices but have to go with potatoes. Would hate to live without the other two though!

Deleted
    Potatoes. Most of my favourite meals have some kind of potato recipe in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    but they are three options that doesn't work for most of the world. North and south america, europe and parts of asia eat bread. Many parts of africa don't have any of those 3 staples.
    As a North American I eat a lot more pasta and rice than bread.

((To be on topic, out of the two I mentioned I'd say pasta... it goes well with just about anything in my diet))

That's very tough, all very close, but I have to give the edge to rice. As an italian I probably should be saying pasta... oh well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Maybe if you are Irish, Italian or Asian. The western world is a bit different.
    Those three are the most common at least in the germanic part of Europe. I guess that's why the Dutch OP chose them

---

Potatoes! You can do anything with them, and they taste fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelfette View Post
    Those three are the most common at least in the germanic part of Europe. I guess that's why the Dutch OP chose them

---

Potatoes! You can do everything with them, and they taste fantastic.
    Potatoes are gross.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Potatoes are gross.
    I spent my whole life believing they're the best thing on earth, but if you say they're gross.. I guess I have to believe you

Deleted
    Potatoes are gross.
    Could you explain to me what makes them gross to you? By gross one would usually mean that they are repulsive or disgusting, but they have a very stale taste that, well, isn't even a taste. Is it the texture? How they look? Explain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Went with "none" because I prefer eating healthy foods and am not interested in diabetes.
    Lol, all of those 3 staples are healthy. I wonder how Asians can be so skinny when they eat so much rice, or how Italians can look so good while eating pasta almost every day! Don't know much about potatoes.

Of all 3 I'd go with pasta, why? Because there's rice pasta, and potato pasta (e.g. gnocchi), even vegetable pasta! It comes in many variations and I love it <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough call, I love Spaghetti, Linguini, Fettichini... with the right sauce its heavenly.
    I love baked potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, or a thing my mom liked to do which is to make a bake potato then cook in some ham, onions, cheese and more. Delicious.
    Rice would be my last choice, but if I had to live every day on Thai Red Curry Chicken and Rice I'd live a happy man.

I voted pasta but Pasta and Potatoes would be tied for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Could you explain to me what makes them gross to you? By gross one would usually mean that they are repulsive or disgusting, but they have a very stale taste that, well, isn't even a taste. Is it the texture? How they look? Explain.
    Flavor mostly never really liked it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Rice > Pasta > Potatoes. But it really all depends on preparation.

Alfredo sauce on pasta is easily better than rice with butter. But so are french fires. But a baked potato is gross. It's like rocks papers scissors basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pasta >>> Potatoes >>>>>>>>>>>> Rice
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Potatoes are gross.
    I think alone, and without any modifications(but warming it up, of course), all those 3 foods are gross.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I think alone, and without any modifications(but warming it up, of course), all those 3 foods are gross.
    That's why bread is superior many breads can be eaten alone and still taste awesome.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't call pasta a staple, might wanna try wheat and instead of potatoes maybe corn, since those are the 3 top macronutrients of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Lol, all of those 3 staples are healthy. I wonder how Asians can be so skinny when they eat so much rice, or how Italians can look so good while eating pasta almost every day! Don't know much about potatoes.

Of all 3 I'd go with pasta, why? Because there's rice pasta, and potato pasta (e.g. gnocchi), even vegetable pasta! It comes in many variations and I love it <3
    Asians don't eat all that much rice, their portions are about 1/10th of the amount Americans shove into their face.

So much diabeetus in this thread.