Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As other's have said, a lot of this stuff is datamined. We really won't know more until we can actually get onto the PTR and see if the icy talons thing is a tool tip error. I do have it from a reliable source that DW still absolutely destroys people on fights with a large aoe component.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    feral is the lowest melee spec in the game in 5.1, recently beating WW for that honor.
    maybe you just play with a bad feral druid? our feral druid was #2 dps on our first heroic sha kill at almost 125k dps. and in midwinter's test on the PTR on 2 bosses a feral druid was the only Non-Warlock in the top 4

Dang, i was surprised that scourge strike got buff nerfed, barely a threat, barely a dps increase..... honestly blizzard? are you just prejudice or too scared that S5 dks will rise out of nowhere?

On another note, at least dks got a slight dmg increase, anything like that is welcome, im just surprised that they would nerf such a little dps increaser (SS).

Well if these changes make it live than DW Frost will no longer be the defacto spec.....which is good IMO. IF these changes are real then is the following correct?

Might of the Frozen Wastes to increased to 15% melee damage with 2H.
    Icy Talons increases attack speed by 15%.
    Blood Plague damage increased by 3%
    Frost Fever damage increased by 4%
    Howling Blast damage to primary target decreased by 5%

or is it

Blood Plague increased by 18% (30%-12%)
    Frost Fever damage increased by 19% (30%-11%)
    Howling Blast damage to primary target increased by 10% (23%-13%)

Keeping fingers crossed that datamined changes are indeed datamined changes.

The disease changes are a 12% off of the 30% buff, which equates to the 30% buff being scaled back to 15% like Ghostcrawler stated. The same is true for Howling Blast. So everything should read like the following if you are looking at the last few sets of buffs/nerfs:

Blood Plague increased by 15%
    Frost Fever damage increased by 15%
    Howling Blast damage to primary target increased by 8%

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Semani View Post
    The disease changes are a 12% off of the 30% buff, which equates to the 30% buff being scaled back to 15% like Ghostcrawler stated. The same is true for Howling Blast. So everything should read like the following if you are looking at the last few sets of buffs/nerfs:

Blood Plague increased by 15%
    Frost Fever damage increased by 15%
    Howling Blast damage to primary target increased by 8%
    Icy Talons is currently 20% on live. Why in hell would they buff it to 30% on the PTR and then go ahead and nerf it to 15%....below where it is on live?

Yes, only icy talons is a real nerf.

Edit: And honestly since GC said 25% just a couple days ago my guess is it's a typo.

@momirmaster: Sample size is way too small. Use raidbots.com all parses spec score.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-02-25 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...s-february-25/

And everything comes back to normal because data-mining usually fails.
    No more nerfs, it looks rather balanced now, ready for release.

Blood Plague damage and AP scaling reduced by 12%.
    Frost Fever damage and AP scaling reduced by 11%.

Frost
    Howling Blast base damage was reduced by 13%.
    Icy Talons now increases melee attack speed by 15%, down from 30%.
    Might of the Frozen Wastes now causes all melee attacks to deal an additional 15% damage when wielding a two-handed weapon, down from 20%.

Unholy
    Scourge Strike weapon damage reduced to 135% from 140% and additional damage reduced by 9%.

ffs blizzard nerf uh even more, hell why dont you just take the spec out of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    IF these changes are real then is the following correct?
    Neither of those.

Semani has it correct. Scale back all of the original buffs that GC quoted you (to find the base). Now, multiply those bases by the new values GC quoted you. All of these will line up with what the data-mining values tell you; it's simply stated differently because the data-mining is comparing [1 - old_build / new_build], when GC was telling you [new_build / base_values].

E.g: Blood Plague
    Old: 17.9% AP coefficient
    New: 15.8% AP coefficient

17.9% / 1.3 = 13.77%
    13.77% * 1.15 = 15.8% new

15.8% = 15.8%
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    You should now change name of this thread to "Death Knight 5.2 Nerfs"
    If I gave you $50 then took back 10. Are you happy or sad overall?

Good news. Updated patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

Icy Talons now increases attack speed by 25% (was 20%).
    So the 15% icy talons is almost certainly either a datamining glitch or a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    If I gave you $50 then took back 10. Are you happy or sad overall?
    If you give some one $50 then its not yours anymore, therefore i would not be happy for you would be stealing $10 from me so that Quote doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Good news. Updated patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552

So the 15% icy talons is almost certainly either a datamining glitch or a typo.
    God is in his heaven and all is right with the world. Thanks for clearing up the maths SSHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Icy Talons now increases attack speed by 25% (was 20%).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhobbos View Post
    If you give some one $50 then its not yours anymore, therefore i would not be happy for you would be stealing $10 from me so that Quote doesn't really work.
    Me thinks you need some perspective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just in case people skip relevant information: ICY TALONS 15% IS A DATAMINE BUG. NOT INTENDED.

To be honest, this thread serves no other purpose right now than giving blind people a channel to vent (for the 'nerfs' we're not receving). We have no solid numbers from PTR at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhobbos View Post
    Oh please, you see his point just like these buffs never went live, so lets say he promised to give you $50 but instead gave you $40, now are you upset you didnt get the whole $50, or happy you just got a free $40

Deleted
    Why on earth are they nerfing SS weapon scaling dmg? =SS It was already THE worst weapon dmg scaling spec in game and we're going even lower... Just boggles the mind :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Why on earth are they nerfing SS weapon scaling dmg? =SS It was already THE worst weapon dmg scaling spec in game and we're going even lower... Just boggles the mind :<
    Overall it's still a buff from live.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Datamine. Not accurate. Please read at least the last page of the thread before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    Oh please, you see his point just like these buffs never went live, so lets say he promised to give you $50 but instead gave you $40, now are you upset you didnt get the whole $50, or happy you just got a free $40
    I would be pretty upset that I wasn't given the $50 that I was promised. These nerfs make me a sad panda.