Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Latest T14 heroic sims place arcane 5k ahead of Fire. And then Arcane loses scorch and gets a 20% nerf combined with a slight buff at 4 stacks instead of 6 with a mana cost increase and mana regen nerf on Rune. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Latest T14 heroic sims place arcane 5k ahead of Fire. And then Arcane loses scorch and gets a 20% nerf combined with a slight buff at 4 stacks instead of 6 with a mana cost increase and mana regen nerf on Rune. Yay.
    Sounds like a monster.

That being said, the T14 Sims are woefully out of date now; Any bearing they may have had is mute given the scope of the changes. The 5.2 version of SimC should be out soon. That should produce some interesting results.

Pretty sweet to see affliction get a buff. The were hurting pretty bad after endless waves of nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Pretty sweet to see affliction get a buff. The were hurting pretty bad after endless waves of nerfs.
    They did take a nerfbat to sacrifice though..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    They did take a nerfbat to sacrifice though..
    I was in their 5.2 thread and they didn't seem to concerned about that nerf. Considering the fact that even with that nerf they were leaving mages in the dust, this buff seems...unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this back to mage discussion lol >>.>>
    I'm looking forward to the number discussions now that we are on release. I also think the three specs are (in numbers) close together, but movement and playstyle will make a big impact. I'm still thinking fire > frost > arcane for this patch.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Can I just get a quick clarification? I'm still fairly new to MMO Champion.

There were two posts yesterday about the latest PTR patch. One of them had the changes in green, while the other was in blue from the Blizzard forum. I assume the notes in green are data mined?

Why I ask is that there were completely conflicting descriptions of changes to Frostbolt. Can it be confirmed that in this latest patch it does not provide a debuff for subsequent frostbolts, as the blue text states?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogfoot View Post
    Why I ask is that there were completely conflicting descriptions of changes to Frostbolt. Can it be confirmed that in this latest patch it does not provide a debuff for subsequent frostbolts, as the blue text states?
    The blue text is Blizzard's but it looks like MMO-C messed up in copy-pasting it. The second half of that item is crossed out in the original blue text. Meaning that the debuff should still apply to Frostbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickspoon View Post
    The blue text is Blizzard's but it looks like MMO-C messed up in copy-pasting it. The second half of that item is crossed out in the original blue text. Meaning that the debuff should still apply to Frostbolt.
    Oh thanks, I see that now. I should follow the link to the Blizzard site instead of just reading it off the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Moving this back to mage discussion lol >>.>>
    I'm looking forward to the number discussions now that we are on release. I also think the three specs are (in numbers) close together, but movement and playstyle will make a big impact. I'm still thinking fire > frost > arcane for this patch.
    I know you want mage discussion but you are "almost" right.

(Fire > Frost > Arcane) <<<<<< All warlock specs, some rogue specs and some hunter specs (ya, we gonna shine! and yey we are static, turrets, this is soooo much fun lol)

Jokes aside, there is a thread for dps testings on all specs (and they pretty much say fire > frost > Arcane, depending on RNG and gear lvl). I did some tests myself and was about to post but then I saw haunt buff...

lol I logged in on live to gear up my lock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fennixx View Post
    I know you want mage discussion but you are "almost" right.

(Fire > Frost > Arcane) <<<<<< All warlock specs, some rogue specs and some hunter specs (ya, we gonna shine! and yey we are static, turrets, this is soooo much fun lol)
    Elemental is still performing even worse than Arcane in 5.2, around 10-15k less dps with same gear levels :\

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Elemental is still performing even worse than Arcane in 5.2, around 10-15k less dps with same gear levels :\
    But at least enhancement is beastly.

I'm pretty confident that as it stands right now, mages will start the tier in the lower third on dps. By the end we will be between middle of the pack, and upper third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Up until now, we had 7-8 spells to get missiles procs before having to use them, in 5.2 we will have 4-5 (counting bomb refresh). This is a nerf by itself without all of the damage reductions and I think it would warrant an increase in the Missiles proc chance to 45 or even 50%. This would in turn make Arcane playable in 5.2. without reverting any damage changes.

I would love it if someone could post this in the class balance thread as I can't access the us forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've always been a middle to high-end of the pack. It's always been the exceptional player that has done something to shine above the rest.

I just hate how everyone bases everything off a "perfect SimC" result, that in a real setting will NEVER happen.

PVP will always, and forever, imbalance PVE.
    and the more our stats get inflated, the more shit gets out of whack every other patch...
    (look at logs from china for example)

Deleted
    Up until now, we had 7-8 spells to get missiles procs before having to use them, in 5.2 we will have 4-5 (counting bomb refresh). This is a nerf by itself without all of the damage reductions and I think it would warrant an increase in the Missiles proc chance to 45 or even 50%. This would in turn make Arcane playable in 5.2. without reverting any damage changes.

I would love it if someone could post this in the class balance thread as I can't access the us forums.
    I really like this idea and it sounds like something Blizzard could get behind aswel. If anything it would make the 5.2 Arcane spec feel less punishing.

Deleted
    -Frostbolt cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.

Does that mean that when Glyph of Mirror Images is active the AB and Fireball will do 50% less? I know it may seem as a silly question but it's still a concern?

Since MoP beta, us frost mages have consistently pointed out to Blizz that the Mirror Image glyph is a DPS gain for Fire and Arcane mages (something they specifically said minor glyphs would not do). If I remember correctly, this is because of the Arcane Charge and Critical Mass mechanic affecting the images' casts. This change is them finally altering the original spell to compare with the DPS output that the glyph provides. My guild's WoL reports consistently prove (when comparing with a similarly geared mage) that you always get less damage output out of MI without the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabrian View Post
    Since MoP beta, us frost mages have consistently pointed out to Blizz that the Mirror Image glyph is a DPS gain for Fire and Arcane mages (something they specifically said minor glyphs would not do). If I remember correctly, this is because of the Arcane Charge and Critical Mass mechanic affecting the images' casts. This change is them finally altering the original spell to compare with the DPS output that the glyph provides. My guild's WoL reports consistently prove (when comparing with a similarly geared mage) that you always get less damage output out of MI without the glyph.
    if i remember right.. its a dps loss for fire.

Posted for ya.

And there it is.. another CM nerf, and appears we get nothing back.. again