Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If MMO datamining is correct Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.2 from old 1.3

this has got to be a joke. please reduce base damage or whatever but not the crit chance which reduces the whole "fun" factor of the spec, causes more randomness, causes more HS Starvation and thus will further gimp low geared fire mages even more.

Seriously Blizzard? At this rate they should change the name of the patch to "The Anti-Mage". I really thought they were going to leave Fire alone but it looks like Ghostcrawler is firmly embedded on the anti-mage bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by obc View Post
    If MMO datamining is correct Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.2 from old 1.3

this has got to be a joke. please reduce base damage or whatever but not the crit chance which reduces the whole "fun" factor of the spec, causes more randomness, causes more HS Starvation and thus will further gimp low geared fire mages even more.
    They didn't learn their lesson from the 5.1 hotfix nerf. In fact, gc has denied since then that fire was absolutely terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    They might as well just give us a static crit percentage if that's what they're gonna do anyway. Gear = useless.

if the cm nerf is correct at least we now have the "option" of which underpowered spec to play......

So ye cooled down for a bit now.. But this really sucks, cause I've been gathering fire gear for past 2-3 weeks, used all my loot rolls on it. And now they roll this a week before patch, with no warning. And give nothing back, and this means fire will be unplayable till we get 522+ gear again. So it pretty much means rather than having choices, we are once again being forced to play 1 spec during progress. And fire werent even overperforming with 535 scaled gear on PTR, sure it was good, but ye not good enough to deserve this.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Sigh* Well time to start looking into frost.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    *Sigh* Well time to start looking into frost.
    I'm writing this assuming that you don't like the spec overall:
    I -hated- frost. I was a fire mage from way back, and It was my absolute favorite spec to play across all of my toons. Still is, actually. When the hotfix (still not over it) hit that nerfed us into arcane, I switched to frost, because I don't like not being able to move. I ended up doing quite well (with enough haste), and now that I've been playing the spec for quite some time I actually really really enjoy playing it. Give it a try!

I'm writing THIS assuming you think it's bad damage:
    Frost was simming less than 3k dps behind fire in t15H, and they haven't nerfed it yet. (Though they did remove the QOL)
    d=(^_^)z

Deleted
    Well fuck this. There. I'm done. With Fire. They just don't know what the hell they want do with it. Maybe if they have to (or at least think so) nerf CM everytime a new raid tier comes around maybe something is fundamentally wrong with that whole business?!

So there goes any hope I had for switching to Fire with 5.2. So it's Arcane. Again. As always. Yay.

Hope I can gear up my Monk fast in 5.2 so I have the option of switching classes, I'm close to done with this shit. Maybe with the next expansion Mage finally gets the necessary overhaul and will be playable and fun again. I actually don't hold out much hope though, supposedly Warlock got that because it was the least-played class or something, which is *still* the case for some unfathomable reason. Given that Mage is still good in PvP and probably always will be thanks to Frost I don't see Mage player numbers dropping significantly enough to make them notice likey they did with Locks.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2013-02-27 at 10:51 PM.

Mo doubt blizz want us to reroll a Warlock!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahondor View Post
    I'm writing this assuming that you don't like the spec overall:
    I -hated- frost. I was a fire mage from way back, and It was my absolute favorite spec to play across all of my toons. Still is, actually. When the hotfix (still not over it) hit that nerfed us into arcane, I switched to frost, because I don't like not being able to move. I ended up doing quite well (with enough haste), and now that I've been playing the spec for quite some time I actually really really enjoy playing it. Give it a try!

I'm writing THIS assuming you think it's bad damage:
    Frost was simming less than 3k dps behind fire in t15H, and they haven't nerfed it yet. (Though they did remove the QOL)
    You know what assuming does right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 06:08 PM ----------

And sorry to again jump on the "Hate Lhivera" bandwagon, at least it seems like he is getting some snark for supporting this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9989342?page=1
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Good good. Mages deserve to be middle of the pack for once. They've been a top tier dps since... forever.

Jeeeeeeeeeesus, seriously? Why the freaking CM? Why nerf the fun-factor of the spec instead of direct dmg from any of the fire spell?

The question now is, Frost or Arcane? Right? >_>

Deleted
    I´m on the PTR right now, switching between Frost and Fire for the 25m heroic tests. Mage is medicore on encounters like Jin'rokh (single target, little movement). On Tortos, I have absolutley no chance! ~100k behind classes like locks, hunters, boomkins etc. My guild strongly recommend to reroll (Warlock or Boomkin), otherwise I will sit on bench for most of the fights : /

Band-aid fix would be a 5 - 10% buff to our hated lvl 90 talents. This would assure to be competitive on single target encounter
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-02-27 at 11:20 PM.

Don't snap on me, but the last time people said Mages were broken, they switched from OP Fire to OP Arcane. Then they nerfed Arcane, mages switched from Arcane to Fire...now they nerf Fire...mages will always have a viable if not broken op spec to play in PvE, just relax until the numbers for all 3 Specs are out and then find the best spec (and most likely rule the charts again (together with Warlocks)).

I'm sure you liked your safe #1 slot and I don't say pure DPS shouldn't be a bit ahead of hybrids (coming from a Moonkin), but being uncatchable for everyone else but warlocks on certain fights if you don't suck as hell isn't the solution either...

Deleted
    Finally some better patch news. A buff to arcane was long overdue, but +2% is still way too small, needs to be at least +10-15%. And Fire had it coming all along.
    Still missing some Ele Shaman buffs though, they need +15% as well.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 12:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    classes like locks, hunters, boomkins
    Those 3 classes need a heavy nerf.

"Haunt debuff now increases all damage done by your spells on the target by 30% for 8 sec, up from 25%." - This is ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2013-02-27 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Finally some better patch news. A buff to arcane was long overdue, but +2% is still way too small, needs to be at least +10-15%. And Fire had it coming all along.

Uhm, have you actually played on PTR? Ele Shamans are pretty strong. They are the better mages atm.

So what this does for us.. at 10500 crit rating that I have atm, this would mean around 2.5% less crit on fireball and pyro, and at ~15500(potential 5.2 BiS) its around 4% crit nerf on fireball and a bit more on pyroblast.

Now what sims suggest the difference at t11 hc BiS.. around 5k dps loss, that coupled with Invoc nerf, our dps will be really low at start of 5.2, and frost or arcane just has nothing on other classes atm it seems, so ye seems like mages are gonna get shanked when it comes to raid spots.

Guess this means progression for me is over before it started as my alts are far too undergeared to take to heroic progress and there is no chance of going from blues to 510 ilevel in 1 t15 and 1 t14 clear.. fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post

Call me biased, but you didn't seem to have a problem with dominating hunters (unless heavy aoe) and Moonkins all the tier and you now demand nerfs? If those specs appear to be broken and need to be toned downI'm fine with that, but it's still PTR and you can't really demand nerfs yet...