Thread: New PTR changes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    " I think they use WoW as a testing ground for new game design honestly in some ways"

you are 100% correct!wow is nothing more than a cash cow for blizz until there new mmo titan is ready.most of the devs that developed wow are now working on titian,so wow gets a b-team for devs.wo was in its prime during BC,been down hill since and you can see that in game play.

just look at next season-blizz is removing rating requirements on t2 weapons.wonder why?my guess is that they know pvp is beyond fucked up and they not goign to waste the $ fixing it.so instead of losing sub $ from people who plays classes that are over nerfed in pvp,they simply remove the rating requirements. making so everyone can get the t2 gear.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:32 AM ----------

lmfao at nerf execute again for a 3rd time!if they keep nerfing execute all you will end up with is a weak execute and they keep nerfing everything else,like they already did/have done.you really think all these classes needed a damage buff and warriors needed to be nerfed?open your eyes!
    What are you talking about? There haven't been any execute nerfs. If you don't play the game anymore why are you raging over what blizzard does to warriors? nobody needs that crap.

I think everyone is overreacting to these nerfs. With the bloodsurge buff and the haste buff I think we will still be better off than we are now. What im worried about is the buff's the other classes are getting. DK's and Rogues just got some pretty hefty buffs, so I feel like they will pull ahead of us next patch, and we'll be much lower on the meter's until execute phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurimlinn View Post
    What are you talking about? There haven't been any execute nerfs. If you don't play the game anymore why are you raging over what blizzard does to warriors? nobody needs that crap.

I think everyone is overreacting to these nerfs. With the bloodsurge buff and the haste buff I think we will still be better off than we are now. What im worried about is the buff's the other classes are getting. DK's and Rogues just got some pretty hefty buffs, so I feel like they will pull ahead of us next patch, and we'll be much lower on the meter's until execute phase.
    Your reading comprehension is lacking he was referring to the proposed 20% execute nerf which is pretty a dumb suggestion at this point. Better off ? I doubt it. A buff to a largely ignored stat and a minor buff to an insignificant ability don't really seem to make up for the damage nerf and the previously nerfed death from above and removal of dc. And you mentioned the large across the board buffs to other classes as well.

Execute did get nerfed late 5.0 or early 5.1 I don't really remember which. We were temporarily compensated for this as arms with across the board buffs to ms, op and slam. Slam is actually being reverted to the state it used to be in when we were compensated for the execute nerf. MS, op nerfs were maintained (they were buffed up to 190% and 140% respectively).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Well seeing as he said "lmfao nerf execute for a 3rd time" I thought he was talking about something coming in 5.2, not something that has already happened that means nothing now. However I agree with the people who are saying an equal nerf to execute would be better than the nerfs they are currently putting out. Being dependent on execute to do good dps is stupid, it makes us look like shit on progression and fights with non-optimal execute phases.

Ok people are starting to say that this nerf is due to the good scaling of the new gear, but why don't they come out and say that? I mean they openly said "Yes this is a nerf in a sea of buffs, but the Bloodsurge and Arms Deep Wounds changes ended up being too much of a buff." At least to me, that gives me the impression that 'hey guys the BS buff is so awesome that we just have to nerf the shit out of everything else...?'

Even if we were to accept that the nerf is due to the gear, where does that leave fury for tier 16?

If what you guys are saying is true, this is just horrible class balance. And honestly, if it is true I want to hear that from Blizzard and I don't want it to be some deduction we have to make. BT is around 10% of our dps, RB is usually our third highest damage dealing ability, CS... well it's pretty low, but still adding this to the heroic leap nerf as well, these numbers are starting to add up and it's looking like a serious all around nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there goes playing Fury pvp on the PTR. It fun fun stacking 2 raging blow procs into a colossus smash and then using two of those raging blows into a Berserker Rage adding another raging blow. One of those raging blows would at least crit and I would sometimes hit Rogues for 160k in one global without Avatar.

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Has anyone seen the front page? Seriously? MASSIVE dk buffs as well as damage buffs for damn near every class. So I get to the bottom to find, surprise, a warrior nerf (even though its a minor one)! Please, I would LOVE to hear why ever take a warrior over a dk in 5.2, let alone rogues or monks. Rediculous.

Deleted
    nerfs are justified.

buffs to other classes like destruction warlock, dk, etc. on the other hand are not.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Has anyone seen the front page? Seriously? MASSIVE dk buffs as well as damage buffs for damn near every class. So I get to the bottom to find, surprise, a warrior nerf (even though its a minor one)! Please, I would LOVE to hear why ever take a warrior over a dk in 5.2, let alone rogues or monks. Rediculous.
    Because we bring way more utility than dks or rogues or monks.

Deleted
    Warriors have one of games best scaling kit, thats why warriors were nerfed. I think in 5.4 we will see some damage nerfs to execute because it scales so well with AP.

But if we are talking about warrior specs only, this is a good change but why? because now you can play which ever spec you will want to (arms and fury will use different gear because arms scales so well with haste).

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    We have very different definitions of utility. Wars bring little to none in 5.2. Rogues and monks both bring ALOT of utility. Dks bring twice the damage as warriors, and no thats probably not even an exaggeration with the changes.

10+ Year Old Account

lmfao @you! and yes execute has been nerfed.since you dont know i shall tell you.there last nerf to execute was "said" to be done to buff our rotational ability's like MS,OP ,SLAM ect. but them blizz turned around and nerf said rotational abilities, leaving warriors with a weaker execute.so never ask for nerfs they happen regardless.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:20 PM ----------

Well seeing as he said "lmfao nerf execute for a 3rd time" I thought he was talking about something coming in 5.2, not something that has already happened that means nothing now. However I agree with the people who are saying an equal nerf to execute would be better than the nerfs they are currently putting out. Being dependent on execute to do good dps is stupid, it makes us look like shit on progression and fights with non-optimal execute phases.
    top trying to save face-yes it did happen and yes it does matter now.all we got out of that hole execute nerf was a weaker execute,not buffed rotational abilities like blizz said.why would you want execute to be nerfed?its the only dam attack that actually hit hard without cds up.learn from the past-asking for this or that to be nerfed instead of that is just dumb.warriors did not need another nerf,and neither did mages or dks need damage buffs,lmfao.

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 04:26 PM ----------

are you talking about a 40 sec stun? yeah thats alot of utility right?or are you talking about lol MSR.the utility warriors had at the start of mop has been taken away.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-02-20 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would fucking nerf execute instead of my normal rotation abilities, the only time I get to top dps is in execute phase. Half the time I'm sitting in lower middle sometimes top middle before execute phase.
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

We have very different definitions of utility. Wars bring little to none in 5.2. Rogues and monks both bring ALOT of utility. Dks bring twice the damage as warriors, and no thats probably not even an exaggeration with the changes.
    Well the term utility is definitely sort of debatable depending on encounter design but warrior utility isn't bad although rogues isn't really that bad either especially with the new smokebomb. Also there is always that having good damage mitigation cds niche as well.

Deleted
    Warriors bring banners and rallying cry to raid group what are huge advantage over dk's.

If we want to start talking about dps... look at logs at WoL, warriors are WAY ahead over dk's in dps currently on fights where there is not alot of target switching but if we are talking about target switching abilities and AoE cleave, yes warriors are slightly behind dks (atleast what I have noticed in our raids).

I'm talking about demo banner+rallying cry+skull banners. When you're doing heroic mode content, that's really great utility.

You guys are so gloom and doom yet I bet most of you don't even push hard modes.

We are solid single target dps. Do I wish that our dps was more sustained rather than being concentrated around pooling rage for CS windows and execute? Yes. Are we bad dps? Not at all, and we will scale even harder with crit in 5.2 You people don't seem to realize that Fury is just going to get stronger and stronger the more stat values we get due to how amazingly well we scale with crit.
    Last edited by Brakthir; 2013-02-20 at 11:05 PM.

I'm talking about demo banner+rallying cry+skull banners. When you're doing heroic mode content, that's really great utility.

You guys are so gloom and doom yet I bet most of you don't even push hard modes.
    We scale well, yes, but our base it is a bit lower since we are so item dependent.
    We have plenty of utility, but why not just bring a rogue? They have better survivability, a raid cd with smokebomb being a 20% damage reduction (and obscure vision for certain attacks, ala Garajal shadowbolts), as strong single target dps and multi target cleave, and grant boomkins cloak, allowing them to negate certain mechanics as well, not to mention they can avoid certain mechanics.

Deleted
    Warriors must have the best raid cooldowns overall. You guys just dont have a clue Warriors can give anyone a mini Shield Wall every 30sec, Rally and Banner every 3min. And Second Wind heals 10-20k per second, making it hard to kill yourself in normal circumstances.

I did a bunch of testing, and it really seems like for Arms, Haste is extremely good. I found myself ignoring Overpower completely with enough haste, because of the way it plays with your rage gain, and your mastery, to proc Sudden Death. Basically, CS > MS > Slam > OP @ 80+ Rage and Heroic Strike @ 100/CDs up. It was more effective to wait for a Sudden Death proc then to use Slam without CS up. I found out I could only burn about 60 Rage during a CS, thus OP was only a snappy Rage stabilizer, rather then a Rage dump. Heroic Strike would still remain the dump.

My build style was Str > Haste > Mastery > Crit (To the point of neglecting it). Crit doesn't play around with Mastery and Rage gains as effectly as Haste does, at least Str with always increase everything, thus, I think it's most valuable. Now, it's only a matter of time before there's a "soft" haste cap, because it does seem like there HAS to be a point where you can't spend rage quickly enough (To many Heroic Strikes), and it would be more effective to dump into Crit or Mastery (I have trouble finding out what's better at this point). The most difficult part was getting a accurate reading on how Haste will effect Execute phases, and my hypothesis is that it will be GREATLY more effective then Crit. With CS consistently up, one can only imagine that Execute dealing ~40% more damage every hit (due to CS) would be better then getting a 200% Execute 1/4th of the time. Assuming CDs down.

However, I haven't determined if it's better then SMF/TG yet, SMF enjoys the passive haste benefits even if it doesn't prioritize them, and TG has always been a very violent scalier. With the weapons given on the PTR (I use them as a standardized test gear, to make it equal among all the specs), it's hard to say. My thoughts are that TG will win overall in 5.2. Not because it's going to scale immensely, because I feel like it will only match SMF throughput, but because it has more upfront damage then SMF, making it ideal for adds. Lumping all our DPS into Execute feels awkward sometimes, TG and Arms don't utilize it as much, and have their damage more evenly spread out.