Thread: New PTR changes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    "That said, several warriors have asked us to nerf Execute instead of the numbers we did hit. We might still do that," GC.
    thats a quote from GC today and all i have to say is LMFAO-again.you people never learn do you?well i guess i can see how blizz has ass fucked the warrior class for years and have gotten away with it "clueless warriors players".

if blizz does nerf execute "again" all they will do is end up nerfing rotational abilities that they were goign to nerf anyway ,like CS.so you end up with a weaker execute and nerfed CS.this is what happened last time,but you ass hats just do not learn.how/why on earth would you leave the door open for blizz to do the same nerf shit they did a few months a go is beyond me.

Deleted
    You dont even play anymore, right?

Execute is just silly atm, i average 110k dps before 20% and 170k during executes. Thats clearly a major imbalance. Even with a 20% nerfed execute it will still be our top DPE move and never be replaced by any other ragedump...

I realize its not as bad for TG and Arms, but those 2 specs are still not better than smf before 20%...

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Execute is just silly atm, i average 110k dps before 20% and 170k during executes. Thats clearly a major imbalance. Even with a 20% nerfed execute it will still be our top DPE move and never be replaced by any other ragedump...
    Yes, having done the normal rotation/priority/whatever-you-want-to-call-it for the first 80% of the fight, it's horrible that it completely changes and you get to use an extremely strong execute for the last short burn and can't keep working the same routine from 100-0. Would it be preferable to have something on the lines of an arcane mage that does the absolute same thing throughout the entire fight unless mechanics force something else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Yes, having done the normal rotation/priority/whatever-you-want-to-call-it for the first 80% of the fight, it's horrible that it completely changes and you get to use an extremely strong execute for the last short burn and can't keep working the same routine from 100-0. Would it be preferable to have something on the lines of an arcane mage that does the absolute same thing throughout the entire fight unless mechanics force something else?
    Its fine that our rotation changes, i actually enjoy it quite alot. But there shouldnt be such a big difference in dps between execute phase and before. Even with a 50% nerf it would still be our highest DPE move below 20%...

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Its fine that our rotation changes, i actually enjoy it quite alot. But there shouldnt be such a big difference in dps between execute phase and before. Even with a 50% nerf it would still be our highest DPE move below 20%...
    DPE alone is not giving you the right priority to chose a spell. You should look at DPR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    DPE alone is not giving you the right priority to chose a spell. You should look at DPR.
    Not during CS Windows. There you will always choose the highest DPE ability. But its hard to argue, since its a dynamic thing and its actually a combination between choosing highest DPR and highest DPE ability.

But im pretty sure either way, that a 20% wouldnt change our execute rotation at all and even a 50% nerf would make us still use it during CS windows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "That said, several warriors have asked us to nerf Execute instead of the numbers we did hit. We might still do that," GC.
    thats a quote from GC today and all i have to say is LMFAO-again.you people never learn do you?well i guess i can see how blizz has ass fucked the warrior class for years and have gotten away with it "clueless warriors players".

if blizz does nerf execute "again" all they will do is end up nerfing rotational abilities that they were goign to nerf anyway ,like CS.so you end up with a weaker execute and nerfed CS.this is what happened last time,but you ass hats just do not learn.how/why on earth would you leave the door open for blizz to do the same nerf shit they did a few months a go is beyond me.
    Warriors have been strong in both pve and pvp this xpac. If you're going just look at ability x hits for less than it used to without considering changes like new abilities, raid gear and trinkets then you're not going to have a very constructive conversation on the subject.

O_O Don't nerf execute!

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Warriors have been strong in both pve and pvp this xpac. If you're going just look at ability x hits for less than it used to without considering changes like new abilities, raid gear and trinkets then you're not going to have a very constructive conversation on the subject.
    Just as predicting performance without considering changes to other classes and encounter design.

This is why I only play WoW super casually.

Because Blizz devs are as dumb as a box of rocks and going through the highs and lows of FotM is just not worth it if you are trying to be competitive.

This is veyr reminiscent of pre-Uldar TG. Everyone said it would destroy fury by lopping off a 10% off the top, and it did. And it took a big patch later to revert the change, because the change at its core was god damn ridiculous.

Warrior damage before execute range is mediocre at best. Execute is the only reason why warrior damage is considered competitive. So instead of nerf execute and bring warriors in line with everyone else pre-execute range....they just opt to go herpity derpity.

And for the record...how much do you think execute will scale with the new gear compared to bloodthirst, CS and RB?

The hunter buffs are just lol. Hunters will be able to sustain top dps from beginning to end of an encounter, while at range and not have to deal with all the anti-melee mechanics Blizzard loves in MoP.
    Last edited by leafs43; 2013-02-21 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    The hunter buffs are just lol. Hunters will be able to sustain top dps from beginning to end of an encounter, while at range and not have to deal with all the anti-melee mechanics Blizzard loves in MoP.
    Frankly the decision to give two ranged classes the ability to maintain 100% dps while moving is still mind blowing to me.

The problem with people asking for weaker execute with compensation to other abilities is how blizzard does the work. It will do the nerf and just forget the compensation, or revert it later due to "imbalances".

I wouldn't want it to go back anymore to weak execute, because there is no way blizzard would buff those main abilities by 20-25% just to "remove" that execute from rotation, just for the sake that PvP-outrage complains would later destroy the spec completely. It's a good point that it's still too early imho to tell what will overscale on next patch - those main abilities what work purely from Weapon damage (what hurts TG the most) or execute what scales from AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Warriors bring banners and rallying cry to raid group what are huge advantage over dk's.

If we want to start talking about dps... look at logs at WoL, warriors are WAY ahead over dk's in dps currently on fights where there is not alot of target switching but if we are talking about target switching abilities and AoE cleave, yes warriors are slightly behind dks (atleast what I have noticed in our raids).
    Apparently I forgot to mention this is in pvp. With the mountain of pvp nerfs and mountain of dk, rogue, and monk buffs I see no reason to want a warrior over a dk, rogue, or monk considering they do the same thing as the warrior but better.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-02-21 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post

you mean arms has been strong in PVP so far,its only been a few months,but arms is shit in pve right?just like fury is shit in pvp but strong in pve.now lets look at all the nerfs arms has received,will arms still be "good" in pvp, probably.but arms will take a back seat "again" to dk,ferals and rogues and arms is already not used in good rbgs teams.

so that leaves warriors with the choice of a nerfed arms for pvp and fury for pve right?now ask yourself this,both frost and UH dks are good in pvp right?both ferals and restro druids are good in pvp right?mages =lol,monks =lol,rogues =lol.so why is it warriors spec seem to be lacking for either pvp or pve?if you want to pvp for rating you HAVE to roll as arms,if arms is bad then warriors are fucked in pvp.other classes have choices when it comes to pvp,but not warriors.

also im guessing your one of the "smart" warriors that wanted execute nerfed and got the wool pulled over his eyes when blizz ass fucked all of us.warriors are built around having a powerful execute,that will not change no matter how much you keep asking for it.all that will happen is they will make the only phase "execute" that warriors are good in and make us weaker there.we will not have super powerful rotational abilities out side of execute range,not in this x-pac anyway.

stop asking for nerfs warriors have been nerfed more then enough.arms did not need a damage nerf and fury was at the top with other classes in pve.what blizz just did was slap a nerf on warriors just because,this is something blizz says is not good to do,but yet they do it to warriors all the time.go ask blizz for arm damage buffs becasue its lacking in pve and you want to play the way you want.stop asking for a nerf just sop they can pretend to buff something else.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    you mean arms has been strong in PVP so far,its only been a few months,but arms is shit in pve right?just like fury is shit in pvp but strong in pve.now lets look at all the nerfs arms has received,will arms still be "good" in pvp, probably.but arms will take a back seat "again" to dk,ferals and rogues and arms is already not used in good rbgs teams.

so that leaves warriors with the choice of a nerfed arms for pvp and fury for pve right?now ask yourself this,both frost and UH dks are good in pvp right?both ferals and restro druids are good in pvp right?mages =lol,monks =lol,rogues =lol.so why is it warriors spec seem to be lacking for either pvp or pve?if you want to pvp for rating you HAVE to roll as arms,if arms is bad then warriors are fucked in pvp.other classes have choices when it comes to pvp,but not warriors.

also im guessing your one of the "smart" warriors that wanted execute nerfed and got the wool pulled over his eyes when blizz ass fucked all of us.warriors are built around having a powerful execute,that will not change no matter how much you keep asking for it.all that will happen is they will make the only phase "execute" that warriors are good in and make us weaker there.we will not have super powerful rotational abilities out side of execute range,not in this x-pac anyway.

stop asking for nerfs warriors have been nerfed more then enough.arms did not need a damage nerf and fury was at the top with other classes in pve.what blizz just did was slap a nerf on warriors just because,this is something blizz says is not good to do,but yet they do it to warriors all the time.go ask blizz for arm damage buffs becasue its lacking in pve and you want to play the way you want.stop asking for a nerf just sop they can pretend to buff something else.

also when did you start playing wow and warrior?do you remember having a powerful execute then it being taking away at the start of wrath?that was one of the worst nerfs i remember and do not want to see that happen again.having a powerful execute is good for both pvp and pve.its a killer and does what its supposed to do.

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:43 PM ----------

" Warrior – we reverted the nerfs to Bloodthirst, Colossus Smash and Raging Blow. We planned on taking the damage out of Execute instead, but before we do that, we’re concerned that the actual problem is the legendary meta-gem being too good for warriors, and we don’t think it’s fair to nerf all warriors because of an item that nobody will have for some time. We may nerf the metagem for warriors instead." gc

i told you warriors did not need a damage nerf-and some of you still wanted execute nerfed for no reason "again"lmfao!

also "

We are going to lower Recklessness to 3 min cooldown, 30% crit. We will have to adjust the Glyph of Recklessness and T14 4pc (and probably other mechanics I forgot) to keep them at the same relative power.

lower cd is nice,but -20% is huge.