Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    I leveled 8 85's in Cata and 2 80's (was hoping to get 10 85's but oh well ran out of time). Leveling felt streamlined and comfortable, and also fast due to heirlooms and guild perk etc.

However in MoP it feels like I have to force myself to level, I've currently got 4 90's and I'm now leveling an alliance warlock from scratch, but I'm definitely not looking forward to 85-90. As others have said, the fact you're forced to start in the same zone, the fact there are only 2 dungeons to do at 85 and then 2 more at 87 leaving you with only 4 dungeons to help level up with from 85-90, it simply feels like it takes too long and is a drag. Maybe I'm too used to heirlooms and such, and also how they decreased the experience needed for 80-85, but I'm sure I didn't feel this way about 80-85 when Cataclysm was "new".

I'm secretly hoping they either lower the amount of experience needed, or that they add heirlooms, because otherwise I don't plan to level my other alts. Doing it 4 (and soon 5) times over is enough to drive any one nuts.
    I thought MoP leveling was decent, some quests were seriously annoying but there were fun ones too, but I don't agree with you when it comes to the Cata leveling. Being forced to spend a lot of time in deepholm for some shoulder enchant and not really being able to pick a zone other than Hyjal/Vashj'ir where I bet a lot of people were forced into Vashj'ir because they got the quest right away while you had to run and pick up the Hyjal quest.

My main problem with MoP is the Jade Forest being the only first leveling zone but you get choices with the next steps when Krasarang comes into play. On the 3 chars I've leveled to 90 I did Jade-Valley-Kun'lai-Townlong-Dread, then Jade-Krasarang-Townlong-Dread and finally dungeons up until Dread Wastes where I decided to try speccing enhancement for a bit. Obvious problems here are Townlong and Dread Wastes being almost mandatory and Jade Forest being completely mandatory. This isn't much different from Cata IMO where it was Vashj'ir/Hyjal-Deepholm-Uldum-Twilight Highlands where you cut either Uldum short or maybe could ding 85 before entering Twilight Highlands (a feat I did not accomplish). And I had grown tired of every zone after the first playthrough, except for Uldum because I'm the only person in WoW that didn't have Harrison Jones apparently.

My favorite leveling expansion is probably Wotlk because you can go through it on 3 different chars and go 3 almost entirely different paths.

I currently have three 90s, so I've done the run a couple of times, and my primary issue with alt leveling is the way they get gated by the multiple reputations that are required if you want the valor gear/profession recipes/etc. Leveling I do listening to shows on netflix/youtube and half-zoning, so that isn't really an issue. Dat rep though... /irked

Right now I got every class at 90.Just wait for rested xp or wait for av double honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    I like leveling i MoP. If you get into the "lore" it is much more fun to do. Leveling is a part of the game - deal with it
    I've already done that, I know how the lore turns out in leveling quests.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

The Jade forest quest are a pain.
    when you hit a level, change zone
    Buy some gear from the AH with the maximum ilvl for your level, use some enchant
    quest with flask and food buff

This should make it a bit easy, when you hit lvl 88, the mobs are a pain to kill, so try to gear up a little

Questing is quickest while doing each dungeon once for the quests. So it's really best to do what's most fun for you and try to not worry about the xp. Hide your xp bar if you need to. I personally did a lot of BGs for my alts even though it's probably the most inefficient way to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

all my alt are parked in orgrimmar i've tried to level my dk but i stopped at 87, too boring. I honestly don't understand why:

1) there is no tome for pandaria flying license, being grounded on my main is understandable but for alts...
    2) why heirloom cannot be upgraded to 90 using the same system of the valor/justice upgrader, once you reach 90 with the first toon you can access this npc

hopefully blizzard at last nerf the xp requirement to level 85-90
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Leveled 4 chars from 85 to 90, 2 horde and 2 alliance. Then went on to lvl the 3rd alliance char but doing those retarded SI:7 quests with the badger again made me want to smash my computer and i stopped leveling.
    Imho the horde questline in jade forest is 10 times better than the alliance one.

I've leveled 3 toons to 90, and a 4th to 88. So far, I like it better than cata. I think the main issue is the lore. If you follow the story and get into it, it does help. I do agree that dread wastes is a zone that I can't wait to get out of. Icecrown was the best for me , as far as max level zone.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say some zones are actually quicker than Cata. Though I wouldn't touch Dread Wastes without a flying mount.

Started... about a week ago with my 83 hunter, now halfway through 89 and with 2 weeks before 5.2.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I somehow managed to level every class to 90 on my main realm, and there are these little voices in my head telling me to go on one of my other realms and level my other 85's up :S

The only thing that made it more exciting to level multiple chars up, was to basically twink them out with the 450/442/415 ilvl gear you can buy from the AH, 5-10k was a small price to pay for each toon when you can kill mobs with ease.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if you could mix it up and have a break from the questing.

I am working on number 7 at the moment and really wasn't too enthusiastic about doing Jade Forest again so I decided to give PvP a shot as a means of leveling. Well, 30-40 BG's later and I am 40% through 86 told me that this route is going to take a while.

Dungeons don't really give much experience either and the majority of the drops can be replaced by Dread Wastes quest gear.

The lack of flying on alts also irks me greatly. I have a feeling though that it won't be implemented until very late in the expansion when it essentially isn't needed anymore.

this is bullshit. i was 90 in like a day and a half and wasnt even halfway through kun lai and had only done two dungeons once to see the story

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by voidmaster View Post
    leveled 4 chars from 85 to 90, 2 horde and 2 alliance. Then went on to lvl the 3rd alliance char but doing those retarded si:7 quests with the badger again made me want to smash my computer and i stopped leveling.
    Imho the horde questline in jade forest is 10 times better than the alliance one.
    socks was a hero you evil person @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Hey dudes.

So, I'm really not a "one toon" kind of guy. Hit 86 on my alt shammy, and leveling is sooo slow by questing.. it's almost to the point where I may give up and not aim for 90 on anything else till next xpac., as I already have a 90 paladin (which I've already taken a break once since hitting cap, as I got bored of my 1 toon.

What is the quickest way to level in MoP? there has to be some way to speed it up.
    I find this hard to believe because I outleveled MOP zones before I can finish the quests. I was holy/shadow priest in T11.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Hey dudes.

So, I'm really not a "one toon" kind of guy. Hit 86 on my alt shammy, and leveling is sooo slow by questing.. it's almost to the point where I may give up and not aim for 90 on anything else till next xpac., as I already have a 90 paladin (which I've already taken a break once since hitting cap, as I got bored of my 1 toon.

What is the quickest way to level in MoP? there has to be some way to speed it up.
    Sorry whut? you clearly didnt try. I started playing about 2 nights ago and in total of 12 hours played im now lvl 90 with high enough ilvl to do the LFR's

Im stuck at 56 on 2 toons in Blasted lands... its a ganking war zone. But i do have 5 90's. Although i leveled them on a pve server. seems that 89-90 takes forever , other then that i didnt have much of an issue, although it is a linear path as far as questing

3 toons at 90 so far, with no plans to get any others leveled any time soon. There's more than enough to do on one character, let alone two or more. The third 90 I ended up with was by doing the quests with a friend; it helped to make the experience faster and more fun.

When I do get any other toons to 90, they will get heroic gear at best, maybe some LFR stuff if I'm bored and lucky. Their main purpose will be for unlocking additional Sunsong Ranches. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an alt type guy too, and have managed 5 90's so far. The best route for me has been:
    Jade Forest until 87. Not too bad with rested xp and dungeons. 86-88 are just a long slog no matter what you do.
    I have to avoid Krasang and Fourwinds since im on a pvp server. They're the new STV, but with flying mounts.
    87 i jump to Kun Lai. Soon as i ding, i drop all my current quests and just hit the new zone.
    88 hit the Shadow Pan Fall Back, and jump into Townlong. By the time i finish the Gao-Ran Battlefront quest line im 89.
    89 hit the Dreadwastes. I like the Dreadwastes since everything in concentrated in the Klaxxi hub, makes for fast leveling. Though you need a 420 ilevel weapon to chew through the mobs.

The heavy story element of the Pandaria quests are great the first time through. But get to be quite tedious on multiple run throughs. Like re-reading my favorite books, i skip the boring chapters.
    Lack of dungeons really grate at me. And why are the rewards of the shado-pan monestary worse than the Mogu Palace. And bewtween the 2 there's only like 2 upgrades for some classes/spec.

Dread Wastes are almost akin to being the new Deepholm. You have to do all the quests in the zone in order to be able to acquire the 489 ring from the Klaxxi. Great boon to any new character at this point (although it requires you to do the dailies for a bit also, yay). Eventually, though, the 489 ring won't be worth the time of day (maybe this time next year or such), whereas you HAD to unlock Therazane just to even start getting decent shoulder enchants, which held value the entire expansion.

I leveled from 85 to 90 in 4 days from only questing no dungeons and only 4 hours a day. Questing in MoP is not hard.