Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement seems a bit ignored in 5.2?

I know they made a few little changes to talents for Enhancement...but, feels like a LOT of specs got a ton of tweaks and buffs. I haven't seen a word about Enhancement. I dunno, after seeing our crappy 2 and 4 piece from Tier 15...I am getting nervous that I am going to fall behind a lot of my guild mates.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

Deleted
    They probably feel they got a good place for enhancement atm. If it doesnt work out, I'll probably switch to elemental, alot of sweet buffs! (PvE perspective)

Deleted
    Well do remember that the chain lightning got buffed and our single target is at a good place. And its not like they jave finished yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Enhancement is in a pretty good place, minor tweaks and stuff is fine.
    Currently Procrastinating

I don't see the problem. We're in a perfectly good spot atm.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

No news is good news! though the fact they're buffing Frost DK's astounds me. They were doing huge damage as it is anyway.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

batter ignored then nrfed , in PvE I happy with enha state in PvP its medium not perfect not total crap any thing what i dont like in 5.2 are our T15 bonusses , T14 are great but new one are horrible

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin buffs astound me. My groups moonkin already crushes the rest of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they lowered the damage on some other spells in addition to those 9% buffs you saw.

Also, judging a single persons DPS against a single raid group is a terrible way to get an objective of idea of how much dps a class is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they lowered the damage on some other spells in addition to those 9% buffs you saw.

Also, judging a single persons DPS against a single raid group is a terrible way to get an objective of idea of how much dps a class is doing.
    I may be wrong but I've only seen buffs for them. And yes of course you're right. I know balance is a tough spec to play well but playing it well yields amazing results. So from a personal stand point... Our talented moonkin is gonna light us up 9% better lol.

I also agree we're in a good place. Id just hate to fall behind because so many other classes were tweaked.

Well... Enhancement spec is not forgotten at all, however...
    1. they nerfed 6th tier talent that every enhancement uses and buffed other two that no enha shaman wants to take. If i wanted to be pet class i would choose lock or hunter and elemental blast sounds even worse. I just cant imagine putting casting spell in my priority queue which is already complicated :P
    2. They gave us horrible tier bonusses. Unless they buff spirit wolves dmg there won't be any point in taking tier parts.
    If afraid that they (again) did nothing to our cleave and fast aoe dmg. Enhancement shaman is the only melee class in the game that lacks cleave which may kick your ass at bosses such as stone guardians, garalon, grand empress p2 hc, sha of fear p2 etc. And we are the only class in the game that doesn't have real aoe. When you have fight in which you need to kill group of adds within few seconds (such as will of emperor hc) you are so behind others since you need to use 3 gcds to even start doing aoe
    There is also one thing that bothers me - switching targets . Our stormstrike gives us 25% (40% with 4p set) spell crit on target, which is a lot. When you swich target to kill add and you use stormstrike and unleash elements on this target, since you don't have any other options and add must die fast (example - adds on sha p2 when boss is going under water), you lose a lot of dps when you are back on the boss since you dont have neither crit buff nor lightning bolt dmg buff on the boss and both SS and UE are on cd.
    I would like them to focus on our cleave dmg, aoe dmg and switching target issue more

10+ Year Old Account
    Well put Jimmy, I agree a lot.

enhancement have had a few nice buffs themselves. They are already decent dps with great utility and offhealing but some buffs they have gotten off the top of my head. Elemental mastery, reduced cooldown
    primal elementalist 20% more damage (which was already my prefered talent despite what others might think)
    glyph of flame shock, instead of increasing the duration of flame shock now heals you for 30% of the damage done and now it doesnt reduce the damage of flame shock so thats quite a nice boost even if it is a bit low healing, its better than it was.
    These are just a few things off the top of my head. But yea I agree in general i would like some enhancement buffs

We are shit compared with the other melee classes in the PTR, SHIT.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-02-20 at 05:10 PM.

Most buffs and nerfs were present to deal with scaling that was either too good or too bad.
    Enh's scaling is generally good, so all the spec that scaled awesomely got nerfed, and all the specs that scaled poorly got buffed. Enh was just in the middle so they saw the least number of number changes.

Deleted
    I would like to see some pvp buffs, we've been on the low end for years.
    There's no 3v3 fight where you as enhance get trained first and all you have is your shamanistic rage and astral shift if you're specced into it.

We still need that real gab closer like charge, leap or deathgrib, we still need a strong defensive cooldown to survive that first train.

Enhancement also has the weakness of silence and disarm both affecting it. You can blanket silence a enhancement shaman and he won't come near you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyx View Post
    Well... Enhancement spec is not forgotten at all, however...
    1. they nerfed 6th tier talent that every enhancement uses and buffed other two that no enha shaman wants to take. If i wanted to be pet class i would choose lock or hunter and elemental blast sounds even worse. I just cant imagine putting casting spell in my priority queue which is already complicated :P
    2. They gave us horrible tier bonusses. Unless they buff spirit wolves dmg there won't be any point in taking tier parts.
    If afraid that they (again) did nothing to our cleave and fast aoe dmg. Enhancement shaman is the only melee class in the game that lacks cleave which may kick your ass at bosses such as stone guardians, garalon, grand empress p2 hc, sha of fear p2 etc. And we are the only class in the game that doesn't have real aoe. When you have fight in which you need to kill group of adds within few seconds (such as will of emperor hc) you are so behind others since you need to use 3 gcds to even start doing aoe
    There is also one thing that bothers me - switching targets . Our stormstrike gives us 25% (40% with 4p set) spell crit on target, which is a lot. When you swich target to kill add and you use stormstrike and unleash elements on this target, since you don't have any other options and add must die fast (example - adds on sha p2 when boss is going under water), you lose a lot of dps when you are back on the boss since you dont have neither crit buff nor lightning bolt dmg buff on the boss and both SS and UE are on cd.
    I would like them to focus on our cleave dmg, aoe dmg and switching target issue more
    1 - I still don't get how peple can think our rotation is complicated. Agree with the UF nerf and EB though

2 - They are not horrible at all. And no. Enhancement isn't the only one lacking a cleave. Retribution, fury (cleave sucks), assassination, feral and even windwalker prior to the 5.2 don't have a real cleave nor every spec in the game needs it. And your example of WotE is actually cleave, not aoe.
    About switching target, it's not worse than almost every other melee spec in the game.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    NV got nerfed. So the 9% boosts to single target nukes is mostly to compensate. Single target will be about the same (higher sustain, lower burst), and boomkin is pretty much middle of the pack for single target. Cleave/multi dotting is slightly nerfed, which is probably where you're seeing your druid friend do higher damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    1 - I still don't get how peple can think our rotation is complicated. Agree with the UF nerf and EB though

2 - They are not horrible at all. And no. Enhancement isn't the only one lacking a cleave. Retribution, fury (cleave sucks), assassination, feral and even windwalker prior to the 5.2 don't have a real cleave nor every spec in the game needs it. And your example of WotE is actually cleave, not aoe.
    About switching target, it's not worse than almost every other melee spec in the game.
    Fury cleave is amazing! TG whirlwind already hits almost as hard has wild strike. as soon as there's a second target to hit, WW is way better. plus, each WW makes your RB (which hits like a truck) hit additional targets (up to 3). This is all without losing ANY main target dps.

edit: you might mean the actual ability called 'cleave'. in which case, yeah it's crap. but they cleave very well without it
    Last edited by asharia; 2013-02-21 at 06:48 AM.

Enhancement does have a cleave and it just got buffed on the PTR. People seem to forget CL and FN. Sure FN might look like an AoE but in a non GCD locked scenario, you should be better start using those FN for extra damage.

I'm not saying it's amazing, but lets look at the 2 major cleave fights on this tier: Stone guards and Garalon.
    According to raidbots 25m hc

Stoneguards: combat > frost DKs > assa rogues/fury warriors/enh shamans (They hop over each over all the time depending on what day you're looking at)> feral > ret > WW
    Garalon: Combat > Fury > Frost > Enh shaman > assa rogues > WW monks > ret > feral

So even on fights where cleaving is a major boon, enhancement isn't doing all that bad.

And if you're looking at the overall 25 man hc data, Enh sits at the 4th place of the 8 melee specs (Sub, Unholy and Arms aren't played often enough to have a proper result and raidbots doesn't make a difference between the 2 frost and the 2 fury specs.) So middle of the pack isn't a good place to be in to ask for buffs. It implies you're balanced. And while other specs might have got a nifty buff, you have to remember that enhancement will scale very nicely with the rPPM effects on the the trinkets this tier.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

It will be interesting to see what they do about the tier bonuses though, not just me who feels they're a bit crap? faster wolves is meh since they do pretty crappy damage anyway, why wasnt it ascendance like Elemental?

Also I got annoyed that they nerfed UF for Enhancement and tried to buff the other 2 talents, they're STILL not good enough. The double dipping of +% LB Dmg as well as having all your melee abilities a chance to proc Lightning Shield still trumps the Primal Elementalist and the Elemental Blast in terms of PvE. I guess the ele / spell might be good in PvP?

I like that our cleave is getting a little bit buffed (though ele got the much better side of that) as well as our self healing, Ancestral Guidance is going to be a MUCH better heal CD than Healing Tide Totem in 99% of circumstances, depending on when you use it.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;